TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I think the rumor is that there won't be a green train. I think they're 4 trains.

I really hope that is just that, a rumor.....the green train was going to be the best looking out of the 4, if they are going to omit one, it should've been the orange train, orange is already way overused in this park.

I think the rumor is that there won't be a green train. I think they're 4 trains.

I really hope that is just that, a rumor.....the green train was going to be the best looking out of the 4, if they are going to omit one, it should've been the orange train, orange is already way overused in this park.

If they go with 3 trains, then they'll never duel since you know one will always be out for maintenance.

But wait the ride couldn't possibly be testing yet there is still weeks of prep work left to be done!!!!!!

Track completed April 18th. First cycle April 28th. Didn't exactly start testing over night.

I think that was meant to be a slight to SFMM's notorious track record of being behind schedule. Though, not this time. That fire might have helped shaved some time off construction

Nah I meant to point out those that still doubted TC would test even after Cyclone did yesterday. Both coasters completed track work within a day of each other, why wouldn't they test around the same time?

Glad to see it is testing. Always a mix on how long it's going to take. Deja Vu had the track done for months before the first train cycled.

Yeah but that's because they had a lot of problems with it, I remember everyone calling it "delay ja vu" back in '01

Apparently they did 2 cycles of TC today. Mysteriously, no photo or video of it on the track (minus the lift hill) exists. That means there was a 6-8 minutes timeframe that someone could've snapped something

lucky people out in the parking lot could take video if they want to and not be "terminated"

It was so ultra slow (lack of guest) that I dont believe even at 6:05 there might have been no guest in the parking lot. Cars only were parked today in the first lot that's how slow it was. Only buses parked in lot 2 but even by then they had all left.

over used?

goliath is all orange, Tatsu is orange, Scream is orange track (blue supports right?) and then i'm sure theres orange soda somewhere. Yeah, you're right orange is a bit overused but GP and Six Flags don't care I think.

ourmountain_thrillpark said to me on instagram @gmdben_2002 we ran 2 circuits at 6PM. and before they ran the trains they had a meeting and said and anyone that had a camera would have been "TERMINATED" but the lucky people out in the parking lot could take video if they want to and not be "terminated"

I'm sorry, but that is such bull$#it... How come SFNE can take and post to the media a video of Wicked Cyclone's first test run [and it was pretty apparent by the applause after it was the FIRST], but there's some sort of super top secret PR blockade that makes SFMM or Twisted Colussus different? Seriously SFMM?.....

If they go with 3 trains, then they'll never duel since you know one will always be out for maintenance.

And the other one will be sitting on the side unused.

ourmountain_thrillpark said to me on instagram @gmdben_2002 we ran 2 circuits at 6PM. and before they ran the trains they had a meeting and said and anyone that had a camera would have been "TERMINATED" but the lucky people out in the parking lot could take video if they want to and not be "terminated"

I'm sorry, but that is such bull$#it... How come SFNE can take and post to the media a video of Wicked Cyclone's first test run [and it was pretty apparent by the applause after it was the FIRST], but there's some sort of super top secret PR blockade that makes SFMM or Twisted Colussus different? Seriously SFMM?.....

Maybe because they want to save the first viewable test for all the media people coming tomorrow? Especially if they were told they'd be given first opportunity to publish testing footage.

[vine]
[/vine]

This is what I was talking about with Jew. They drop a vine of the first drop, not even racing, and then let the fan sites do the work tomorrow. Come on, this is Southern California. Hollywood is a few miles away, so how hard is it to strap a handful of cameras to the first train, and film it's first run?

...wait, that'd require money.

...and this is Six Flags.

Nevermind.

[vine]
[/vine]

This is what I was talking about with Jew. They drop a vine of the first drop, not even racing, and then let the fan sites do the work tomorrow. Come on, this is Southern California. Hollywood is a few miles away, so how hard is it to strap a handful of cameras to the first train, and film it's first run?

...wait, that'd require money.

...and this is Six Flags.

Nevermind.

I generally agree with you. At the same time, I'm not going to hold today's lack of a full video against them unless the tour thing happens tomorrow, several days go by, and we still don't see any solid footage (doubtful).

It's reasonable to to believe they wanted to run it once or twice before worrying about getting it all on camera.