TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I thought the description for Scream on the website was a little....wrong.

"Ever wonder what it feels like to fly through the air, without a plane, a jetpack, or even a pair of wings to hold you up? Well, get ready to get airborne. Scream features a totally one-of-a-kind floorless train design. Look straight down and all you’ll see is the ground or the sky, depending on which direction you’re facing. Since there’s no track over your head or under your feet, riding Scream is exactly what it feels like to fly."

...No track below your feet...except that's exactly what's beneath you, hence the floorless design.

^ They mean that when you're inverted, there's no track underneath you, because you're upside down and the track is above you. Not really a unique feature to floorless though. That description more closely fits Tatsu.

When you're inverted on a floorless coaster, the track is still underneath the carriage. I agree the description fits B&M Flyer or a Vekoma Flying Dutchman better.

I thought the description for Scream on the website was a little....wrong.

"Ever wonder what it feels like to fly through the air, without a plane, a jetpack, or even a pair of wings to hold you up? Well, get ready to get airborne. Scream features a totally one-of-a-kind floorless train design. Look straight down and all you’ll see is the ground or the sky, depending on which direction you’re facing. Since there’s no track over your head or under your feet, riding Scream is exactly what it feels like to fly."

...No track below your feet...except that's exactly what's beneath you, hence the floorless design.

lol, good description for a wing coaster tho.

Some guy on Instagram just commented to the @ourmountain_thrillpark page that Twisted Colossus just took it's first test run. He's a lead at SFMM supposedly... If so this is great news!

Video or it didn't happen

An aerial video (a la SFNE's test run of Wicked Cyclone) would've been great to see! Hopefully they'll run some test runs for the people at the construction tour tomorrow... so we can get some good video footage

But wait the ride couldn't possibly be testing yet there is still weeks of prep work left to be done!!!!!!

Track completed April 18th. First cycle April 28th. Didn't exactly start testing over night.

But wait the ride couldn't possibly be testing yet there is still weeks of prep work left to be done!!!!!!

Track completed April 18th. First cycle April 28th. Didn't exactly start testing over night.

I think that was meant to be a slight to SFMM's notorious track record of being behind schedule. Though, not this time. That fire might have helped shaved some time off construction

I think that was meant to be a slight to SFMM's notorious track record of being behind schedule. Though, not this time. That fire might have helped shaved some time off construction

I think we can pretty much give all the credit to RMC on this one

I also read a rumor on IG that the 4th train isn't happening, hopefully it's just a rumor

instagram is awesome. unless you heard it from the dippin dots guy, it's not legit.

anyway, i'll wait for pics and video of it going around the circuit. someone says it's run, other guy says no. lol