TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The vertical adjustment on some of those are broken, too..it may not have gone down. I don't think it's unsafe, at least not in its ability to keep her securely in the car, however its probably uncomfortable.

But if part of the restraint mechanism isn't working properly then that means it would not work as designed. So why then would these still be allowed to be used?

I'm kinda wondering that too

During the ride, the boy was thrown up and slammed back down into his seat. He had back and neck injuries. We had to have an ambulance come take him out on a stretcher, evacuate the station and ramps into the station. They then investigated the ride. All in all we were closed for about an hour, but the point of me sharing is because i want to share how dangerous this really can be.

YIKES! Hopefully the boy was fine, but I'm surprised SFMM doesn't make it more clear how to adjust the harness on X2. Considering that it's one of the more complicated restraints out there, they should have signs (videos?) that show people what to do, or maybe stop the "are you innnnnn?" audio clips and play an audio loop discussing adjustments.

OT: does X2 ever run 3 trains? I thought it was theoretically possible, but I NEVER see them do that.

but I like there " is eveeeeevrybody innnnnn? The ride is about to begiiiin", until it gets stupid after 6 mins.

How rough really is X2? I hear it's quite bad but people still rate the ride highly...

It's one of the few rides that will legit give me a headache for the rest of the entire day. I'm really not sure why people rate it so highly. When it first opened, and was smooth, it was outstanding. It was like that again for a short time after it re-opened as X2, but I have not taken what I would consider to be a "non-headache inducing" ride on it in a while.

How rough really is X2? I hear it's quite bad but people still rate the ride highly...

Personally, I don't think the ride is rough at all... bouncy in some parts? Yes! I would say the bouncy parts would be the backflip area between the inner raven turn and the horseshoe. And during both of the half-flip/half-twist elements. If you want it less bouncy, sit in the seat closer to the track.

I would still consider X2 my #1 steel coaster... my guess is Twisted Colossus will come in at a close 2nd or potentially overtake it

It's one of the few rides that will legit give me a headache for the rest of the entire day. I'm really not sure why people rate it so highly. When it first opened, and was smooth, it was outstanding. It was like that again for a short time after it re-opened as X2, but I have not taken what I would consider to be a "non-headache inducing" ride on it in a while.

That's really surprising to me. The only rough part for me is the last twist; the rest of the ride runs just fine in about every seat. In your video of Eejanaika you say that ride is worse than X. While it's not any better, I didn't find that ride to be too rough either. IMO they're both excellent rides. Eejanaika is solidly in my top 5.

X2 is just really inconsistent in terms of roughness/bouncy-ness in my experience. I've had rides that were smooth as glass, and others that were rather violent. Too many variables are involved, from sitting inside vs. outside, whether you're sitting alone or with another person, how full the train is, time of day, etc.

It's just a ride that may or may not beat you up. To me (and most guests) it's worth it, but I know Schilke mentioned at IAAPA that he was frustrated with that aspect of the ride.

It's one of the few rides that will legit give me a headache for the rest of the entire day. I'm really not sure why people rate it so highly.

I'm having to agree here.

I've only ridden X2 twice, my second ride was so much worse than the first. Before going to MM I had read all the tips on here about what row/seat etc etc to get a good ride, but I muffed it up and we got on the last row, not the first (I'm pretty sure most people would do that on their first time). The ride was bearable, but the bouncy legs issue was there.

Second time around two years later, I made sure to get inside FIRST row. I was at the park by myself so I can't remember if anyone took the seat next to me. But holy moly, the ride beat the crap out of me. I tried leaving me legs loose, tried pressing them into the seat, but they still got flung around the place, my calves were aching by the time I got off. And my head, oh my poor head. The last little bit (whatever it is, i have no idea, it's all turned too mush) absolutely killed me. I was dead. I got off, walked down the exit, across the bridge and just had to sit down. I was sitting down for like 15 minutes trying to rearrange my brain and internal organs back to their right spot.

I'm going again next year, and will very much be questioning whether i give it another go.

It's one of the few rides that will legit give me a headache for the rest of the entire day. I'm really not sure why people rate it so highly.

I'm having to agree here.

I've only ridden X2 twice, my second ride was so much worse than the first. Before going to MM I had read all the tips on here about what row/seat etc etc to get a good ride, but I muffed it up and we got on the last row, not the first (I'm pretty sure most people would do that on their first time). The ride was bearable, but the bouncy legs issue was there.

Second time around two years later, I made sure to get inside FIRST row. I was at the park by myself so I can't remember if anyone took the seat next to me. But holy moly, the ride beat the crap out of me. I tried leaving me legs loose, tried pressing them into the seat, but they still got flung around the place, my calves were aching by the time I got off. And my head, oh my poor head. The last little bit (whatever it is, i have no idea, it's all turned too mush) absolutely killed me. I was dead. I got off, walked down the exit, across the bridge and just had to sit down. I was sitting down for like 15 minutes trying to rearrange my brain and internal organs back to their right spot.

I'm going again next year, and will very much be questioning whether i give it another go.

pretty much my experience every time i decide to give it another chance. it's like when i try some seafood, then say, yup, still don't like it.

Wicked Cyclone is going to run their first testing cycle tomorrow. Expect the same to happen at SFMM tomorrow as well!! Tomorrow will be a big day for RMC!

What makes you think Colossus will be cycling?

I've only ridden it twice so far I think, first time I was on back row it pretty much felt like I survived half of Kong at SFDK. The second time I rode on the front and I don't remember much, but the on ride photo SFMM gave me just makes me look like I want the ride to be over.

I want to enjoy X2 and I do, the lifthill soundtrack, the drop and the raven turns are all great, however if it always kicks my ass for riding it there's no way I could marathon it let alone go twice in a row unless it was somehow a walk on.

YIKES! Hopefully the boy was fine, but I'm surprised SFMM doesn't make it more clear how to adjust the harness on X2. Considering that it's one of the more complicated restraints out there, they should have signs (videos?) that show people what to do, or maybe stop the "are you innnnnn?" audio clips and play an audio loop discussing adjustments.

I remember when it was X, they used to have a prerecorded loop playing in the station explaining how to adjust the restraints. It was something along the lines of, "First, pull the butterfly restraint in towards you, then push down on the harness to your shoulder height. Then fasten the seatbelt. Now, get ready to 'X'-perience the 'X'-treme!". I was surprised that they didn't reuse it when it reopened as X2, but then again, no one would even be able to hear it over the "Is everybody in?" bit playing from the train.

Bad day at the park today...

High winds caused X2 and Lex Luthor to be closed.

Chain problems caused Goliath to be closed... And Scream and Colossus are closed for obvious reasons.

One train operations on Ninja, Apocalypse, and Riddler.

Pretty much every ride had a long line (especially Full Throttle and Tatsu while it was open, those two got really jammed all day), and two parking lots weren't even full!

Finally, around 6:30, a Tatsu train got stuck on the lift near the bottom and the walkway between Ninja and Tatsu was shut down. It looked pretty serious and maintenance had to rotate the seats to that everyone could be evacuated from there. Rumor was floating around from the employees and bystanders who had witnessed the train get stuck that the lift chain broke.

Hopefully this isn't another ride down for the count!

Well it was just for the day, due to winds, right?

If X2 is closed, again, after hauling my arse across the country I'll be miffed something fierce!

I really just want one ride, I'm operating under the assumption it will thrash you around, and you should keep advil on hand for it, but I just need one ride to say I finally did it.

Tatsu was shut down. It looked pretty serious and maintenance had to rotate the seats to that everyone could be evacuated from there. Rumor was floating around from the employees and bystanders who had witnessed the train get stuck that the lift chain broke.

Hopefully this isn't another ride down for the count!

Sounds eerily similar to the Goliath debacle (guests having to evacuate from the lift hill). Having Goliath down is one thing, but having Tatsu down for an extended period of time is a real problem considering it's popularity.