TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Sorry for the probably dumb question, sooo please no rage storm or OTT reaction, if this is indeed stupid just a simple question:

Is SFMM not on the WCB this year? I only see Knotts, and I know info is still coming soon but just was wondering if anyone had any idea, since Im figuring if I can/how much time to take off.

The twisted pics looks amazing!

Last year there was WCB Knotts and WCB SFMM and there werent very many perks for SFMM compared to KBF, so they may have dropped SFMM this year or they may just still be working on it.

Yeah, that was my fear...I know there were issues for the 2013 WCB and many here griped how it was quite inferior to Knotts. Was afraid maaaaaaybe SFMM would not be part of it.

Thankfully my fears seem to be unfounded:

Thanks GCI Wooden for the info!

I will find a way to squeeze this trip in during the small breaks between my semesters!

Edited by JJLehto

I'm hoping that TC isn't the last time SFMM works with RMC.

I hope not too! There are two things I'm thinking of that would be superb for any park...

(1) if Premier Rides could land a huge job, so they could design a ride that's fully flushed out! (FT is close, but it needs to be twice as long)

(2) a RMC ground-up all-steel coaster

(***) a giga coaster at SFMM

I hope Alan and Co. get their hands on Apocalypse at some point in the future

I'm guessing if SFMM got another RMC coaster it would be a new coaster rather than a conversion of Apocalypse. I'm also guessing that we'll see an RMC at most of the Six Flags parks before any park gets a second one. It would not surprise me at all if SFMM got the world's tallest and fastest wooden coaster for their 50th anniversary in 2021, but I think we're more likely to see California's next RMC open at SFDK or possibly Knott's.

I hope Alan and Co. get their hands on Apocalypse at some point in the future

That seems unlikely. Nothing is impossible, but I would imagine that GCI would want to bid on the work themselves.

I didn't think Twisted Collossus would be open before I went to Japan in June based on what I heard at the park when I was there a couple of weeks ago, but now that the track is complete there's a chance it might. Now they just need to run each train on the track 400 times (based on what an employee told me at the park).

Sorry for the probably dumb question, sooo please no rage storm or OTT reaction, if this is indeed stupid just a simple question:

Is SFMM not on the WCB this year? I only see Knotts, and I know info is still coming soon but just was wondering if anyone had any idea, since Im figuring if I can/how much time to take off.

The twisted pics looks amazing!

Last year there was WCB Knotts and WCB SFMM and there werent very many perks for SFMM compared to KBF, so they may have dropped SFMM this year or they may just still be working on it.

Yeah, that was my fear...I know there were issues for the 2013 WCB and many here griped how it was quite inferior to Knotts. Was afraid maaaaaaybe SFMM would not be part of it.

Thankfully my fears seem to be unfounded:

Thanks GCI Wooden for the info!

I will find a way to squeeze this trip in during the small breaks between my semesters!

The SFMM day of WCB should be announced soon. If you're able to make it out here this year you should do the Knott's day of WCB too, especially if you've never been there before.

Indeed I have not been to Knotts though I'd love to, and actually the 13th is A OK! If SFMM is done on the 12th which I imagine it will be, that will be the tricky one that depends on when finals are

Now they just need to run each train on the track 400 times (based on what an employee told me at the park).

Roller Coasters are not just plug-and-play. I'm guessing they are still 2-3 weeks away from cycling, since they will now start installing the electrical and safety systems.

Edited by Jew

^Some of the safety systems in the station have already been installed, and I have seen them working all over the coaster installing even other small pieces in the last few weeks.

The lift motor is already in place but I'd imagine that there is quite a bit of electrical to still be done.

Plus, they have to put the trains on the track.

I have heard that as of this weekend the Blue train has come in. So now the only one that hasn't arrived yet is the Green Train. Hopefully that one arrives in the next week or so and testing can commence soon thereafter!

Installing them is one thing. Running power to them and doing all the pre-testing stuff to them is another. I know everyone wants to be optimistic, but realistically there is still quite a bit left to do before test cycling will start.

Doesn't Apocalypse have plenty of airtime? Everyone is saying this is the first good ejector air in SoCal. I'm not a "seasoned rider" by any means, but I get a pretty good airtime fix on SFMM's other woodie. Manta is another good airtime coaster in the area. It doesn't have as many airtime moments, but there are a few good hills. Ghostrider has some nice pops, too, although that ride is pretty rough.

Doesn't Apocalypse have plenty of airtime? Everyone is saying this is the first good ejector air in SoCal. I'm not a "seasoned rider" by any means, but I get a pretty good airtime fix on SFMM's other woodie. Manta is another good airtime coaster in the area. It doesn't have as many airtime moments, but there are a few good hills. Ghostrider has some nice pops, too, although that ride is pretty rough.

Apocalypse and Manta both have decent floater airtime, but neither of them will have ejector (outside of Apocalypse's first drop in the back row) like TC will. The two variations of airtime are

pretty different in my opinion. GhostRider may be considered to have one or two spots of ejector airtime, as well as Xcelerator's top hat, full throttle's top hat, and going up the first hill on Superman Ultimate Flight at SFDK in the front row. But all of those are just single moments, and outside of those, I don't know of any other ejector airtime coasters in California.Twisted Colossus is supposed to have 18 moments of airtime, and I expect most of them to be ejector! So that's why this is going to be special for California.

Superman at SFDK has ejector airtime going up and going down, perhaps a little stronger than Xcelerator (and certainly a stranger ride than Xcelerator).

Is there another coaster anywhere (not just in California) that has more than 18 airtime moments? If not, that's a record SFMM could promote for Twisted Colossus.

OK, I really need to ask something here; how do you all KNOW Twisted Colossus will have insane ejector air? Have you rode it, seen it run, or anything besides construction and trailer video? The answer is no. So how can you say it is going to be the next El Toro when they haven't even started to run trains yet? I'm not trying to be a downer or hate on the ride, because believe me, I am just as excited as everyone else to get on this thing, but I feel that people really need to calm down and wait for the ride to open before they starting putting it on their top ten list. And yes, I do realize that TC is an RMC coaster, and most of the other RMC coasters are known for airtime, but that doesn't automatically mean that this ride is going to just through you out of your seat every chance it gets. Am I saying that TC wont have great airtime or be a great ride, no. Nor am I trying to start a war. I'm just trying to remind people that animations and looks only go so far, and it's not until the ride is open that we can find out if the ride has lots and lots of