TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^This. Viper is STILL to this day 1 of the smoothest Arrows I've been on.

It's OK, but Tennessee Tornado at Dollywood is probably the smoothest Arrow. Too bad they went bankrupt (thanks, X!) just as they figured out how to make a big loop.

Kind of off-topic, but do other Six Flags parks have gold pass early entry? I'm visiting SFOG next weekend, but my gold benefits card mentions the gold pass early entry only works at SFMM. I was wondering if that depends on what you picked as your home park or what.

Kind of off-topic, but do other Six Flags parks have gold pass early entry? I'm visiting SFOG next weekend, but my gold benefits card mentions the gold pass early entry only works at SFMM. I was wondering if that depends on what you picked as your home park or what.

Most of them have gold pass early entry, but just at your home park. We get early entry at SFStL (it's about 15 minutes early for us).

No early entry for gold pass at 6 Flags Fiesta in San Antonio. I was there a few weeks ago.

I was at the Mountain today. Only 1 train on A-pocky. The second train isn't on the ride at all. They also now (at least tonight) make a separate check of the seat belts. Then they come back and check the lap bar. Nothing like making a slow 1 train operation slower...

I was at the Mountain today. Only 1 train on A-pocky. The second train isn't on the ride at all. They also now (at least tonight) make a separate check of the seat belts. Then they come back and check the lap bar. Nothing like making a slow 1 train operation slower...

I know there's no way it could run with 3 trains, but I would think a year around park, would invest in 3 trains for all their rides that way they can always have at least 2 trains operational.

Most of them have gold pass early entry, but just at your home park. We get early entry at SFStL (it's about 15 minutes early for us).

I was at SFMM last Thursday, and I got to take advantage of the early entry using my Gold pass purchased at SFDK.

The seatbelt check on apocalypse is probably cause of my buddy. We went a couple months ago and he was screwing around and undid his seatbelt as we were leaving the station. They ended up stopping us on the lift hill.

I hope they ejected him from the park, 'cause that's really dumb

I know there's no way it could run with 3 trains, but I would think a year around park, would invest in 3 trains for all their rides that way they can always have at least 2 trains operational.

For that to happen you have to have the budget and staffing to be able to maintain these extra trains. As it is now it seems like that is being stretched thin.

This makes sense and would be good guest service. Therefore, they won't do it.

I was at SFMM last Thursday, and I got to take advantage of the early entry using my Gold pass purchased at SFDK.

Discounts that are loaded onto your card such as BAFF are home-park only, but free parking and early entry can be used at any park in the chain, its just that the park would only notify their locals of the discount in the first place.

This goes for Six Flags and Cedar Fair. I use my SFDK gold pass at SFMM all the time and I've used my CGA Platinum pass for parking at Knott's Berry Farm and for parking and early entry at Cedar Point.

An individual check of the seatbelt and lap bar on a GCI? Normally, I would be blaming these extra measures on the NTAG incident, but even on that ride they do check the seatbelt qnd lap bar at the same time. (Despite this, Texas Giant still suffers from Tatsu dispatch speeds). It would be great if SFMM and Knotts could but that may be asking too much in most cases. However, SFMM is purchasing an extra train for Colossus. They bought four, so three trains will always be available. I wish they would do that for some of their other marquee attractions, though.

^Magic Mountain went with four trains on Colossus with intentions to run four, as it is designed. It wasn't that they purchased a spare train, it was more of just a "yeah we'll try to run at least three all the time" sort of deal. It's like running three trains on Millennium Force--it's designed to run three trains at max capacity, but can run two on very slow days or if a train is in maintenance.

Umm.... No actually. They specifically said they would run three trains with the fourth kept as a spare, in storage.

Can you link where thy said this? I'm not doubting you, but that was the impression I gathered from when the details were coming out, and considering this ride will have upwards of 6-7 blocks.