TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^I agree. It's imperative that those cross beams are painted. There's NO WAY the park can be enjoyed unless they are painted.

To be fair, I'm not convinced a day at Magic Mountain can be enjoyed, period.

Careful what you say. SFMM fanboys will have you burned at the stake.

True up until three days ago.

That blue hill is going to be so hot. I can't wait to toss a sandwich up to the Green side rider above me.

I swear, I first interpreted this as a vomit joke, to which I then questioned your understanding of the law of physics.

But then I realized what you meant!

So, at the rate they're going, I'm thinking Twisted Colossus will probably be open sometime in June as long as there aren't any major setbacks. The construction progress is going well, and the ride itself looks visually stunning .

I'm sorry, but is that blue hill another layout change?? LOVIN all the layout changes!!

Not a change! This is the bottom hill in the Top Gun Stall, the green track will be upside down over this hill. It looks like this in the animation.

i didn't even notice how high the blue side went up on the hill. guess i've been paying attention to the green side every time i watch the video. lol

This might be one of the only rides where if I go with a group of four, it would be more fun to let the first two go on one train, then the next two in the same seat on the next.

sounds like a good way to make people behind you hate you. but I do get it. edit: Actually nope, wouldn't really impact capacity that much if at all im tired and retarded right now. <_>

Think I'd prefer to be on the first train in that situation.

This might be one of the only rides where if I go with a group of four, it would be more fun to let the first two go on one train, then the next two in the same seat on the next.

sounds like a good way to make people behind you hate you. but I do get it. edit: Actually nope, wouldn't really impact capacity that much if at all im tired and retarded right now. <_>

Ignoring the general offensiveness of using the word 'retarded' to mean 'stupid', I don't understand the logic here. They're not leaving rows empty (like groups trying to ride together), they're acting as two separate pairs. Actually, the more groups that do this, the less you'll probably see of those empty rows that groups tend to leave on normal, one-track rides. Might even help capacity in that sense.