TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

When do you think this ride might be completed? If they finish the track this month...do you think testing could be done in April for a May opening date?

If they keep up with the current pace they are going at.....and thats a big "IF", i would say the actual track work will be completed in 3 or 4 weeks....but after that...the entire structure (including the new wood) will get a nice glossy white paint finish...as well as all the current grey support metal beams, and that paint job isnt going to take a couple of days i can tell you that right now.....then there is electrical...computer work, lighting...timing, lift chains...THE STATION, then testing....so yeah...be patient and dont hold your breath. LOL

Yes i am 98% sure the grey metal beams will be painted white....i got my info from 2 different sources that have very close relations with the park and RMC. Because I was really hoping they would paint those white so i inquired specifically about that. On the down side, i also wanted to know if they were going to remove the ugly asphalt and old unused footers,.........unfortunately those things are staying.

Thank you sir, you made my day!

One thing I don't really like on the RMCs, especially the rebuilds, is their unfinished look. Now if everything is repainted, wow I can't wait to see the result! Plus, with the green and blue track, it'll really pops out.

@Superbatboy about those tiny airtime hills - I don't think they'll ride like LR, their radius is far more spread out. Actually, I don't really like them on TC, because they look like they're fillers. Plus they're almost flat, so what? A pop of floater..?

I know there has been a lot of talk on when TC will open and I know I will miss it during my May visit.

But what about Scream? Will it reopen together with TC and the new area? If so I'm missing out on that one as well.

Or will Scream be reopened before TC will?

Yes i am 98% sure the grey metal beams will be painted white....i got my info from 2 different sources that have very close relations with the park and RMC. Because I was really hoping they would paint those white so i inquired specifically about that. On the down side, i also wanted to know if they were going to remove the ugly asphalt and old unused footers,.........unfortunately those things are staying.

I have a feeling that 2% means they are going to stay grey. If they were going to be painted white one would think they would be painted before the track was attached as it would be much easier. I agree that TC would look better if indeed they were white but either way the ride experience will be quite amazing.

Call me crazy but I like the fact that the steel beams are probably staying steel colored. It's a hybrid coaster now, no reason to hide that fact and try to make it into something it's not.

I don't think it's really about hiding anything. Painting the beams to match the rest of the support structure would just create a much more polished look. I personally don't mind either way (and if the past is any indication, the park doesn't care either) but it would look better.

To you, yes you're right. It would look much better to you.

I personally love the frankenstein weirdness the steel gives it. It's already going to be like no other coaster in the world, might as well look the part too.

To you, yes you're right. It would look much better to you.

I personally love the frankenstein weirdness the steel gives it. It's already going to be like no other coaster in the world, might as well look the part too.

and lets not forget they are grey in the promo video since August 28th.

Didn't In The Loop mention in their construction update that SFMM said the steel beams would be painted when they repaint the wood? I'm pretty sure that was a specific question they asked the park on the tour.

From what I have seen in the construction photos, the idea that this new hybrid

coaster has 'risen' from the structure that was once Colossus, is very cool. The steel

beams unpainted, IMhO, would just make the Steampunk theme all the more awesome!

If they paint the beams, then great. If they don't, whatever. I will say that I have seen reports that the beams will be painted on several sites and I imagine SFMM will want the ride to look as good as possible. While I do think an all-white structure would look better, I don't think the current look is bad, and the appearance won't affect the ride one bit so it's not a big deal.