TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The green side sure looks to be the more intense of the two at the moment. As others said, the animation didn't do this ride justice. Everything is looking amazing

I would say it will be the best side for the high-five due to how it goes in and out of that.

Yes I will agree that the animation art work none of that does this ride any justice. This thing looks absolutely insane and is truly living up to it's name sake as Twisted!!!

It's amazing what a company like RMC can achieve, to be able transform two coasters that had gotten so low in popularity in their parks that most guest wouldn't have cared if the rides were removed or turned into bonfire. For them to transform them into rides that may possibly dethrone the kings of their park X2/Bizzaro is just simply amazing imo.

I like that the green side is turning out to be crazy insane. Riders will go through the blue half and be like 'that was whatever, I can handle this,' then the green side will blow everybody away! It's almost (almost) the 'traditional on one side and crazy on the other' thing that many people wanted!

That twisty double down looks absolutely bonkers so far! I wonder how much of the coaster that is yet to be constructed will vary from the POV, because if that double down is a sign of whats to follow, I can't wait to see what else is tweaked from the animation.

Here are my observations in the map:

[*]Twisted Whiches - now joins the very few restaurants not on the Season Dinning Pass. WTF I was looking foreward to some variety.

[*]Superman is now off the flash pass thingy?

[*]Gearworks opens Memorial Day and is a "Variety show"

Also, why doesn't Colossus, Superman, YOLOcoaster, or X2 have flash pass listed on the map? Are those the extra rides that have an up charge?

I believe so.. Which would be good considering if there was no upcharge and everyone used it on TC there wold be no time for regular fokes.

Also, why doesn't Colossus, Superman, YOLOcoaster, or X2 have flash pass listed on the map? Are those the extra rides that have an up charge?

X2 requires an upcharge and is only available on Gold or Platinum. Full Throttle and Superman do not require an upcharge, but you must get Platinum in order to use Flash Pass on them and you may only use it once per ride. My guess is that Twisted Colossus will have the same restrictions as Full Throttle and Superman for the first year or so (that's what Goliath used at SFGAm), then it will become unrestricted once lines shrink to a manageable level. It's possible the park could have no Flash Pass at all for the first couple months (I believe they did this on Full Throttle), but as capacity should be reasonable for Twisted Colossus and that ride would be the main reason to purchase Platinum over Gold I'd be a little surprised if they did that. It's also possible they could charge extra for Twisted Colossus, but I'm guessing they'd end up making more money by not upcharging the ride.

TC is listed under "Moderate Thrill" .... errr?

What? You really think that Twisted Colossus will be more intense than the rock climbing wall? OMG! THE ROCK CLIMBING WALL!!!!!

1563316850_ScreenShot2015-03-05at0_43_32.png.e0ba5bfa90646c91290123b8a896ae16.png

This list makes zero sense...

"Hey little Johnny....Do you want to do the rock climbing wall or that 400 foot free fall tower? They are the same level of intensity."

Edited by robbalvey

What? You really think that Twisted Colossus will be more intense than the rock climbing wall? OMG! THE ROCK CLIMBING WALL!!!!!

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 0.43.32.png[/attachment]

"Hey little Johnny....Do you want to do the rock climbing wall or that 400 foot free fall tower? They are the same level of intensity."

Ahh see the rock wall is 400 feet as well. Magic Mountain forgot to advertise that as a world record.

Ahh see the rock wall is 400 feet as well. Magic Mountain forgot to advertise that as a world record.

But you see, Six Flags would never be caught dead forgetting to advertise a WORLD RECORD!!!!1 After all, what is the point of building anything if it isn't the biggest, longest, or fastest??!

Glad they updated the map, interesting that they didn't update the colors on scream though.

Perhaps the map had already been designed and produced before the new colors for Scream! had been chosen?