TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

According to the website, YOLO is no longer an upcharge. On a platinum pass, you get one ride each on YOLO and Superman. X2 is still upcharge.

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/store/flash-pass

That still sounds like an upcharge if I have to buy a Platinum pass. Also, does that mean that Superman is no longer available on the regular Flash Pass?

Well, at least it's not an upcharge on top of the Platinum pass. But if you want to skip the line on those, you must get the platinum pass, correct. Personally, would prefer Six Flags to make a Diamond pass, where all rides are included, unlimited times.

But thats because I don't live in the US, I visit one Six Flags park every two years or so, and when I do my single day there, I want to do all rides and preferrably re-rides.

Well, at least it's not an upcharge on top of the Platinum pass. But if you want to skip the line on those, you must get the platinum pass, correct.
Though I don't like it, I now see a reason to get a platinum pass and probably will end up getting one on my next visit, so bravo to the marketing team I guess.

Perhaps it is because during their investigation, they found something wrong with the other trees that would leave them susceptible to falling as well?

It could very well be an overreaction, but the reality is none of us really know. At least the park got the second train back (something I honestly didn't expect) and is replanting trees.

Yeah I think the fact that they are replanting trees is telling. To me that says that even though for whatever reason they needed to cut down all those trees, they don't want the whole hillside to be barren. If they were really just cutting down trees because they hated them or were purely overreacting, I dont think youd see them being replanted.

I was pretty neutral on the name at first, but after seeing the recent pictures the name Twisted Colossus definitely fits the ride. Once it's done, this will probably be the best looking ride at the park (and quite possibly the best as well).

How busy is Six Flags Magic Mountain on Easter weekend? I'm probably going that weekend so it would be nice to know so I could plan for it.

It will be busy. Expect waits of at least an hour for major coasters. If getting on everything is essential, a Gold or Platinum Flash Pass is recommended. If you go on Easter itself the crowds may be a little smaller, but probably not enough to make a significant difference in wait times.

As the construction kicks into high gear, I think people can get a better idea of the difference in the blue and green run. They are not the same. But RMC did a great job in giving each side a signature element that stands out.

11038879_868158376560736_6697549496155718513_n.jpg?oh=c8aff3f5a7a3f9daf47a860994531859&oe=5586E6BF

That green double down may be more twisty than I had originally anticipated.

yeah, it doesn't twist like that in the video. those drops are going to be great!

Yes they do...also it does not look like a double down either as of right now anyway.

yeah, it doesn't twist like that in the video. those drops are going to be great!

Yes they do...also it does not look like a double down either as of right now anyway.

It very clearly bottoms out with that twist and then drops again after it crosses over the blue tracks.

A lot of the ride is turning out a lot more twisty than I was expecting. A lot of the animated pov seemed to have these stiff unbanked turns through out the whole ride, but it doesn't look like they're anywhere to be seen now.