TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

New colors isn't going to change how Scream rides, but at least it looks less faded.

Right. It's less of an eyesore now, especially for photo ops. But make no mistake, it's still the same Scream. They could dress this ride up like a Christmas tree. Still the same mediocre ride.

New colors isn't going to change how Scream rides, but at least it looks less faded.

Right. It's less of an eyesore now, especially for photo ops. But make no mistake, it's still the same Scream. They could dress this ride up like a Christmas tree. Still the same mediocre ride.

Don't be so sure. All three trains are in the process of a complete overhaul. They were being driven on trucks away from the ride today. It could be a whole different ride when it opens back up.

Don't be so sure. All three trains are in the process of a complete overhaul. They were being driven on trucks away from the ride today. It could be a whole different ride when it opens back up.

Hopefully!

Unless SFMM has hired a bunch of new people to work in their cycle shop...I don't think they have the resources to fully rehab all the trains. Probably just being pulled off to facilitate the painting and perhaps re-paint of the wheel covers to match the new scheme.

Unless SFMM has hired a bunch of new people to work in their cycle shop...I don't think they have the resources to fully rehab all the trains. Probably just being pulled off to facilitate the painting and perhaps re-paint of the wheel covers to match the new scheme.

They haven't. I personally know someone who works in the cycle shop and they are still understaffed and over worked.

They haven't. I personally know someone who works in the cycle shop and they are still understaffed and over worked.

Well then I appreciate the Ninja rehab that much more then. Would have been easy to just say it's on one train until the end, glad they took the time and effort to get another one going.

Is this the first time Six Flags has actually figured out that you MUST put primer on a coaster before painting it? It actually makes it last longer. What Six Flags has done in the past is paint a coaster WITHOUT putting primer on a coaster. That's why Bizarro (both of them), Flashback (SFNE), Batman (SFMM) have started to have paint chipping even though they were painted 5 years ago. I'm sure there's most that have been painted but now look like they have paint peeling.

Is this the first time Six Flags has actually figured out that you MUST put primer on a coaster before painting it? It actually makes it last longer. What Six Flags has done in the past is paint a coaster WITHOUT putting primer on a coaster. That's why Bizarro (both of them), Flashback (SFNE), Batman (SFMM) have started to have paint chipping even though they were painted 5 years ago. I'm sure there's most that have been painted but now look like they have paint peeling.

Superman at SFGADV looks pretty good even though it was never repainted and was built a little over 10 years ago. But I do agree primer will make coasters look more vibrant and new after years of it being painted.

Environmental conditions are much different out here than over there as well too, which makes a difference. X2 still looks pretty good considering it was painted in 2008. Whatever they did seems to have held up much better than past methods. SEFK has about 4 years on it's paint job and GL has about 3 and they both still look great as well. Tatsu is the most recent paint to look terrible...hopefully that means that between 2007 and 2008 they either got better paint, better methods, or both. When Tatsu finally gets a new coat we might actually have a park without an eyesore.

I love all these comments about paint preparation and the process in general. The people in charge of these parks aren't as stupid as many enthusiasts like to think. Yes, Six Flags typically doesn't paint their attractions as frequently as other parks, but that doesn't mean they don't understand the process of painting. Also, it is very likely that Scream is being repainted by an outside contractor due to the size and nature of the project. Don't point fingers are until you know the facts. I'm just glad to see the investment into infrastructure besides new attractions.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the orange supports on Scream? I like painting the track all blue, but i think the orange is really obnoxious. I hope it IS just a primer and that the final color is darker.

Yeah, I'm indifferent about the orange. I think the blue is a good choice though, and their decision to paint the rails the same color. The supports I think would've look great as the previous purple (but with new paint)