TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Do they have this kind of generic mug for Six Flags parks, everywhere?

I picked this one up in Six Flags Mexico, on the 2013 TPR Mexico Tour.

Or, are they not connected with Warner Bros. any more? I forget. Sorry.

But I agree, you'd think somebody in the office would notice the errors with

matching the coasters and names in the design... Or maybe not?

Day27-01.jpg.6f2e14e4c937e69bd90b3ccebc69f041.jpg

This is what I got in Mexico SF. Front side.

Day27-02.jpg.724ccc61d39ccb685376d6ab0aa4ccab.jpg

Back side.

Day27-03.jpg.c24cc640466243f76337f2ec8fbe16f5.jpg

And the bottom of it. And I liked it!

Do they have this kind of generic mug for Six Flags parks, everywhere?

I picked this one up in Six Flags Mexico, on the 2013 TPR Mexico Tour.

Or, are they not connected with Warner Bros. any more? I forget. Sorry.

But I agree, you'd think somebody in the office would notice the errors with

matching the coasters and names in the design... Or maybe not?

I believe so...I'm pretty sure I've seen that exact mug at SFMM (inside the Looney Tunes Superstore)! So yes, they are still connected with Warner Bros. I've always thought that Six Flags just uses stock photos on almost all their merch so that it's easy to mass produce for all their parks...so maybe they just pick whatever looks closest to what the actual ride is and change to colors hoping that no one notices? My theory is that might also be why Six Flags likes using the same ride names at multiple parks (Batman The Ride, Goliath, Scream are all used at more than one Six Flags park)...reusing names/logos across multiple parks saves money, and most guests won't notice or even care unless they've been to several of the parks in the chain.

I've also noticed this same issue on Cedar Fair merchandise (such as Cedar Point rides on Knott's merch) and to a lesser extent at Disney (example- WDW's Cinderella Castle on a DLR shirt/mug/keychain/whatever).

The bottom of the mug saying "made in China" probably provides the answer. Since they've outsourced their mugs I doubt the factory that makes them cares about coasters or where they are in America.

However one would at least expect the product to be designed here. The factory should care because their customer (in theory) would care.

The bottom of the mug saying "made in China" probably provides the answer. Since they've outsourced their mugs I doubt the factory that makes them cares about coasters or where they are in America.

However one would at least expect the product to be designed here. The factory should care because their customer (in theory) would care.

I assume the factory's do care and I bet it was six flags that gave them or at least approved final design which is kinda sad I guess. But at the end of the day it's plastic.

There's no excuse for using stock photos like that anymore. How hard would it be to just take some digital pictures? I mean, come on. Digital cameras and photo editing have been mainstream for, what, 15 years now? That's downright embarrassing to be claiming those images are of coasters in that very park that they obviously are not.

Every time they take seemingly take a step forward, they take a step back...

It's like whoever designed them had to actively search for and choose pictures that were wrong.

Wow, how time flies!

Goliath turns 15 years old today!

to me it felt like a coast almost as old as I was when I saw and rode it despite knowing better. The first time I went to SFMM I did the "go right" thing first and didn't go on it due to the sheer height and steepness. Glad I finally did 2 years later, one of the best coasters I've ridden.

Wow time flies by. I remember being their with my then ex-wife on media morning. Funny thing we broke up the next day. She couldn't deal with my coaster obsession and told me to grow up. HAHAHAHA, all I can say that was the best day for me, be gone B*&^%! Back to Goliath, I love this coaster and 15 years later. It is still the smoothest ride as it was opening day!

Wow, how time flies!

Goliath turns 15 years old today!

One of the most miserable openings I've ever gone to! It was cold and rained almost the entire day.

Yes, but going up the hill after the first drop in the HAIL was a moment I can never forget

And, the helix of doom was also running full force at that point!!!! I was even in one of the wheel chucking cars too... ~memories~