TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

rides closed are jet stream scream Swashbuckler Tidal wave wonder woman lasso of truth Whistlestop Train is that true

First off, use some punctuation to clarify your sentences and distinguish between two sentences.

Second, what do you mean is that true? What exactly are you asking? If you were at the park and saw they were closed, then you answered your own question already. Otherwise, why would anybody else know which rides are currently closed?

He posted the same thing in the SFDK thread, he's reading which rides say "Temporarily Closed" on the sixflags.com site.

I thought that perhaps the slow progress on TC might be because RMC had a majority of their install crew on the East coast trying to get Wicked Cyclone done so they wouldnt have to deal with the nasty weather in NJ longer than they have to... Then everyone on installion crews would come back to SFMM and bang out TC at a more rapid pace? Its just a thought.

^I don't know if this is relevant at all, but the crew for Medusa Steel Coaster was (I believe) mostly a local Mexican crew along with 4 or 5 RMC employees. I don't know if they hire local help for all of their projects or prefer to keep them in-house, but if the help is mostly hired, then I doubt that the existence of WC has any relevance to the pace of TC going up.

Like I said I have no idea if this is the case for all of their projects, but some food for thought...

I am almost certain the install crew is almost entirely RMC employees....I read the story that the founder of RMC posted during the IAAPA show. They have their own design crew, track fabrication crew and train fabrication crew in Idaho as well as their own install crews. They have a great company and I am seriously considering submitting my own resume to work for them. The painting of TC will be done by a completely different company once RMC is finished with their part.

I am almost certain the install crew is almost entirely RMC employees....I read the story that the founder of RMC posted during the IAAPA show. They have their own design crew, track fabrication crew and train fabrication crew in Idaho as well as their own install crews. They have a great company and I am seriously considering submitting my own resume to work for them. The painting of TC will be done by a completely different company once RMC is finished with their part.

Im assuming Baynum painting.

I just talked to a pretty reliable source that a revision to the original design had to be made reguarding the green/blue transition area. So to answer everyone that was concerned about how the vid and the actual track differ its because they ARE different.....not unusual for any construction project.

I don't think it's an issue of where, but rather how.

Regardless, I agree with you. Something as insignificant as a fraction of a second of the ride isn't going to make or break what's obviously going to be an amazing coaster.

Regardless, I agree with you. Something as insignificant as a fraction of a second of the ride isn't going to make or break what's obviously going to be an amazing coaster.

some rides, that fraction makes the ride. lol

I thought that perhaps the slow progress on TC might be because RMC had a majority of their install crew on the East coast trying to get Wicked Cyclone done so they wouldnt have to deal with the nasty weather in NJ longer than they have to

Oh, oh no. Someone is going to have a very disappointing trip to NJ this year...

I thought that perhaps the slow progress on TC might be because RMC had a majority of their install crew on the East coast trying to get Wicked Cyclone done so they wouldnt have to deal with the nasty weather in NJ longer than they have to

Oh, oh no. Someone is going to have a very disappointing trip to NJ this year...

some rides, that fraction makes the ride. lol

Some rides yes, but TC looks packed with awesomeness from the time you leave the station.

Edited by Manic Monte

^Yep lots of twists at the start. I can just imagine Rob saying twwwisty

Ya like that: We're now on Twisted Colossus and it gets Twisty right before the 1st Lifthill. We're on the Lifthill. First drop into a crazy bunny hop! Airtime! Twisty! ......

Man that straight section of track leading up to the Blue>Green transition is getting unnervingly long......

I understand it's going to have to be at least long enough for a train to sit in it, but the new pictures make it look two times that. I'm chalking it up to a bad angle for now and crossing my fingers.

Man that straight section of track leading up to the Blue>Green transition is getting unnervingly long......

I understand it's going to have to be at least long enough for a train to sit in it, but the new pictures make it look two times that. I'm chalking it up to a bad angle for now and crossing my fingers.

It needs to be long enough to bring a train to a complete stop without causing injuries to riders. Given that the train will probably be moving fairly quickly when entering the block, I'd expect it to be about 1.5 to 2 times the length of a train (or possibly even longer).

^Unfortunteky, I think you're right. Looks like a full on mid course at this point. I hope it doesn't slow the train too much, it would've been really cool to rocket up the lift as in the animation. Still optimistic, and the coaster will still be awesome.

The animation did look cool, but due to this change I'm almost certain that won't be happening anymore. It probably wouldn't be good for the chain, which will definitely have to start at the bottom of the hill with a block there. I doubt this will bring the train to a full stop (like Goliath, for example), but you will probably slow down quite a bit and go maybe a train length up the hill before it catches.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the addition of a brake section at the bottom of the second lift as a big deal. Most coasters with multiple lifts have something like this, and it should actually improve the racing aspect by allowing it to occur more frequently. Sure, one part of the ride won't be quite like the animation, but the rest of the coaster should still be top 25 material.