TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I was really looking forward to that twisting dive and banked curve before zooming up the second lift. Hopefully The pacing isn't killed with a full stopping brake right there. I'll cross my fingers!

me too, it looked like a definite highlight. but i'm assuming/hoping it will be a brake just for emergency only and for the most part not even used. the lifts have already been said to be able to sync the trains, to a certain extent, which is why if there's a brake here, i think it's just in case the previous train hasn't left the lift yet.

I, too, wish they would have gone with purple track and orange supports. The park tends to stick to only a handful of colors and shades:

Red: X2, Viper, Ninja

Orange: Tatsu, Goliath, Superman

Yellow: Goldrusher, Tatsu

Green: Riddler, Green Lantern, TC

Blue: Batman, Scream, TC, Superman

At least X had Pink for a while and Scream had the Magenta-esque supports, but both of those are now gone.

So they are suppose to open "Spring" for TC. I saw on their website (https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/special-events/educational-event/teen-truth-live-drug-and-alcohol-abuse) that on March 25 they are suppose to have an event in the Magic Moments Theatre. Do you think that TC will be open by then? I assume they intend to open up the revised theatre so it would make sense that the ride is suppose to be done to open with the new ScreamPunk District.

So they are suppose to open "Spring" for TC. I saw on their website (https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/special-events/educational-event/teen-truth-live-drug-and-alcohol-abuse) that on March 25 they are suppose to have an event in the Magic Moments Theatre. Do you think that TC will be open by then? I assume they intend to open up the revised theatre so it would make sense that the ride is suppose to be done to open with the new ScreamPunk District.

Based on the current state of Twisted Colossus, I don't think there's a chance it will be ready in late March. At the current pace of construction, I'd estimate there's about two more months of track work left to do, then the ride will probably need about a month and a half for electrical work, programming, and testing. More than likely just the theater will be open for the event, as it is right at the top of the path. Anything is possible, but I would be very surprised to see Twisted Colossus open before mid-May.

I would guestimate the park is shooting for the ride to be open around Memorial Day weekend. And that's if they start hustling.

I would also guess they have something like 3000+ feet of track to still install.

I like Screams! colors, but I also wish they would have stuck with a 3 color combination.

rides closed are jet stream scream Swashbuckler Tidal wave wonder woman lasso of truth Whistlestop Train is that true

First off, use some punctuation to clarify your sentences and distinguish between two sentences.

Second, what do you mean is that true? What exactly are you asking? If you were at the park and saw they were closed, then you answered your own question already. Otherwise, why would anybody else know which rides are currently closed?