TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

If it is a block brake, there must be some really strong braking power because the train is going to be flying into it and the straight section looks pretty short.

The block brake doesn't have to be there all the time, it may only end up being used in emergencies.

The thing about that, though, is that there is a chain lift right after it, so why would you need a block brake for emergencies as well?

If it is a block brake, there must be some really strong braking power because the train is going to be flying into it and the straight section looks pretty short.

The block brake doesn't have to be there all the time, it may only end up being used in emergencies.

The thing about that, though, is that there is a chain lift right after it, so why would you need a block brake for emergencies as well?

The blue side train wouldn't be able to detach from its lift hill until the green side was already detached. A block break would allow them to detach at the same time.

Well, I guess we now know how the blocking issue will be solved. I'm somewhat curious as to whether the animation showed the original design and there was a minor change between when the animation was produced and when construction started. Block brake or not, I'm sure the ride will still be outstanding and if this will somehow increase the frequency of dueling trains then I am all for it.

As for the new colors of Scream, blue and orange is a good combination, though I'm a little surprised by the choice given that it's the same colors as nearby Goliath (although swapped). It won't be an issue since the shades will be much darker, but it's still not what I would have expected.

I, for one, am fan of coasters above anything else.

The entire park could be set on cinderblocks in a dusty barren fairgrounds somewhere (and to be completely honest parts of the park aren't too far away from that description) and as long as they've got the coaster collection they currently have I'd still go, have the most amazing day, and still be incredibly appreciative that I live within driving distance of such amazing rides.

The next time I'm in southern Cal, I definitely cannot wait to go back to SFMM. I feel the same way - much of the park could be nothing but the rides and no theming, and I'd still go for the rides. Tatsu is actually one of my all time favorite rides I have ever been on. The experience and sensations are just amazing to me.

Even if the transition track on TC is more straight in the pictures, perhaps they simply changed the design so the blue track is starting closer to the lift than was shown in the animation. I'm sure there will still be a twist element.

I'm betting that the original design of the ride had always incorporated this section of straight track in order to squeeze in the necessary block. Rides with two lift hills have used this design element for years (Iron Dragon at CP for example) and I doubt a designer like Alan Schilke would have forgotten to add in the extra block. It's probably just like the concept art for Goliath where the steel lift hill structure was planned from the beginning but wasn't included in the concept art on purpose.