TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Hey all,

But, anyhow - I'm a big guy. Not ginormous, I'm about 6' 3" 300 lbs. I remember clearly, last time I was at SFMM, there were at lest two rides I sat in line for, got in the seat, and couldn't ride due to the harness not accommodating my... size.

I figured if anything you guys could let me know which rides at SFMM a big guy like me would be unable to fit in, and thus may make my friend skip or ride solo....

Thanks!

My husband used to be about 290 and is 6'2". He definitely could not ride Batman, he's lost weight and tried again and still didn't fit. If you have a large upper chest area the restraint just doesn't come down right.

I'd say avoid Green Lantern and possibly X2 as well.

Good luck, have fun!

Hey all,

So, I don't go to theme parks often, and the last time I was at SFMM was a few years back for the West Cost Bash.

My friend is visiting, is a coaster lover, and has flat out asked me to take him to Magic Mountain - which I'm certainly not opposed to.

In fact, I'm relatively hopeful about shorter lines since we are definitely in the off-season.

The reason I am posting, however, has to do with me. And if this isn't the right place for this post, let me know...

But, anyhow - I'm a big guy. Not ginormous, I'm about 6' 3" 300 lbs. I remember clearly, last time I was at SFMM, there were at lest two rides I sat in line for, got in the seat, and couldn't ride due to the harness not accommodating my... size.

I figured if anything you guys could let me know which rides at SFMM a big guy like me would be unable to fit in, and thus may make my friend skip or ride solo....

Thanks!

I'm a little smaller than you but I'll tell you that batman would be a tough ride to fit on. Same with superman, Tatsu and riddlers. Now this is just a generalization, it really depends on how you're built. But those rides are a tight squeeze for me.

So, at the rate they're going, when do you guys think Twisted Colossus' track will be complete? My guess is maybe sometime in April or May as long as there aren't any big setbacks, but I really have no idea.

So, at the rate they're going, when do you guys think Twisted Colossus' track will be complete? My guess is maybe sometime in April or May as long as there aren't any big setbacks, but I really have no idea.

You just answered your own question.

I'm guessing the track will be done in late March or early April. Assuming the park wants the ride done for Memorial Day weekend and that testing will take about a month, if the track isn't done by mid-April it probably wouldn't open on time. If the targeted opening isn't until June, however, it could be a bit longer.

Hey all,

So, I don't go to theme parks often, and the last time I was at SFMM was a few years back for the West Cost Bash.

My friend is visiting, is a coaster lover, and has flat out asked me to take him to Magic Mountain - which I'm certainly not opposed to.

In fact, I'm relatively hopeful about shorter lines since we are definitely in the off-season.

The reason I am posting, however, has to do with me. And if this isn't the right place for this post, let me know...

Thanks!

The B&M coasters, especially Batman and Riddler, will probably give you quite a bit of trouble. Gold Rusher may also be difficult due to the single position lap bars, and Full Throttle is a bit tight due to lots of padding (though you may still fit). You'll probably be able to fit all the other major coasters. If you're not sure and the line isn't too bad, I'd recommend waiting in line with your friend and trying it. If you go on a non-holiday Sunday before spring break or a weekday after the spring break period, you'll probably find most waits are only a few trains.

Hey all,

Thanks!

Hey, I'm a big guy myself at one point <315 and I visited SFMM. My advice, stay away from OTS rides, those were the most problem givers. However, they also do have larger seats with the double buckle for bigger guest including batman, scream and superman, haven't tried riddler though when I went, was denied lol. As far as leg room on like goldrush, crossed legs works fine. Only time I've been in pain was on revolution, my knees were crushed by this metal bar on the back of the seat (not lap bar). Most.Uncomfortable.Ride.Ever. So to anyone with size as a problem, just ask the dispatcher or whoever is directing you to seats, that you'd like to find the bigger seat and they should accommodate quickly.

I still don't see TC having any major setbacks. I could easily see it opening in May. Tatsu managed to open in May and it had to go through 5-6 weeks of testing.

I'm curious to see more photos over the next several weeks, especially the Screampunk District contruction and Scream's paint.

I still don't see TC having any major setbacks. I could easily see it opening in May. Tatsu managed to open in May and it had to go through 5-6 weeks of testing.

I'm curious to see more photos over the next several weeks, especially the Screampunk District contruction and Scream's paint.

Tatsu was supposed to open much earlier though, it had several setbacks. I want to say the opening was delayed 2 or 3 times. Remember Tatsu's entire construction was televised in a documentary? I still have a copy of that.

Remember Tatsu's entire construction was televised in a documentary? I still have a copy of that.

I do remember hearing about that documentary. I also remember watching the Kingda Ka documentary a few years ago and the Expedition Everest one.

Edited by DonGeorge

Tatsu was supposed to open much earlier though, it had several setbacks. I want to say the opening was delayed 2 or 3 times. Remember Tatsu's entire construction was televised in a documentary? I still have a copy of that.

It was a great documentary, someone uploaded it to youtube a while back but I guess it was taken down.

Edited by Superbatboy

It was a great docu, someone uploaded it to youtube a while back but I guess it was taken down.

LOL@docu

It was a great docu, someone uploaded it to youtube a while back but I guess it was taken down.

LOL@docu

*fixed*

Speaking of those construction documentaries, does anyone know of some besides Kingda Ka, Everest, Formula Rossa, and Tatsu???

I recall viewing part of this one documentary about a guy who worked on Griffon & Renegade. I remember seeing a part involving him building the second Immelman. I also found one about the construction of El Toro, the Voyage & Kentucky Rumbler.

Speaking of those construction documentaries, does anyone know of some besides Kingda Ka, Everest, Formula Rossa, and Tatsu???

There are hundreds on YouTube.

And don't forget to search in other languages as well.

German for example...

• Speed Monster, Tusenfryd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgeA6yEbHnk

Karacho, Tripsdrill

another one:

Colossos, Heide Park

Desert Race, Heide Park

SilverStar, Europa Park

Freischutz, Bayernpark

Wodan, Europa Park

El Toro, Plohn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_UBnoU5t9E

Polar X-Plorer, Legoland Billund

Remember Tatsu's entire construction was televised in a documentary? I still have a copy of that.

I do remember hearing about that documentary. I also remember watching the Kingda Ka documentary a few years ago and the Expedition Everest one.

It was a great documentary, someone uploaded it to youtube a while back but I guess it was taken down.

I still have the Tatsu one saved to my hard drive. It took me forever to find it, the show is pretty obscure.

Where was the Kingda Ka and Expedition Everest one? I never saw either of those but would love to.

Edited by singemfrc