TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I find it almost as bad as Roar @ SGDK.

Sounds like Apocalypse will be fine for me. Roar is a bit rough but I don't think its as rough as The Grizzly at CGA from like 2004-2007, though I haven't been on that either after Cedar Fair re-tracked it or whatever happened with it.

Also I still think Falling Skies would of been a nice re-theme for the coaster, I mean that shows still on right?

Ok I got a chuckle out of the Apocalypse word filter, but nearly fell off my chair when catching up reading previous pages and seeing the Colossus one. I think what made that even more amusing was the subtleness of that one.

I don't really follow SFMM but I vaguely remember the announcement and building of Apocalypse. And while it did go through a name change I remember reading a TR and being confused how old the ride was, or what ride it was due to its drastically different appearance.

well, I found that kind of offensive. I was being very honest with you guys!

You probably shouldn't be posting here then. I'm just being very honest with you.

I seriously have run out of patience for this kind of bullshit. If you don't like what we post here...

LEAVE!!!!

No one is pointing a gun at your head to be here.dogransom.jpg.8d681aa2e1cdf471da8c6ec3f5f16a72.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

I hate to jump on the bandwagon here and keep piling on but the way people act towards "offensive" content lately is amazingly stupid. It's not just here, it seems to be a cultural thing that comes from a place of amazing self entitlement.

First of all, nobody knows what the word "offended" means. People just throw it around like it's nothing and never use it to describe something that's actually offensive. Were you awake at night because of what happened with your feelings hurt? No? The I guess it wasn't that offensive. Were you offended or did you just not like what was said? There's a difference...

Second of all it used to be that if you didn't like something you would choose not to participate in it and move on. Now if you don't like something you stand on a soapbox and preach about it and try to change or remove the thing you don't like and ruin it for everyone else. When people are offended by something a public figure says they try to get them fired and demand an apology, when people don't like a word people use they go on a dumb rant about how nobody should use it (remember "Ban Bossy")... this goes on everywhere and it's becoming ridiculous.

If you come to a website and don't like the content of the website or the way people act on the website then leave. In the last 24 hours someone didn't like the word filter that everyone else enjoys thoroughly and wants it changed because "THEY want to know what was meant to be said" (like they have some right to see the exact content they want to see on someone else's website) and today someone is threatening to "not upgrade to the account they were totally about to upgrade to... I swear" because they don't like the way the vast majority of the people on the site are acting (and by that I mean everyone else is having fun).

Sorry if this is off topic or long winded... and I know I'm just piling on but this whining is becoming more and more prevalent (everywhere, not just here) and it's amazingly annoying.

-------

Oh and berryfarm, great pictures. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to get out there and ride this coaster when it opens.

well, I found that kind of offensive. I was being very honest with you guys!

You probably shouldn't be posting here then. I'm just being very honest with you.

I seriously have run out of patience for this kind of bullshit. If you don't like what we post here...

LEAVE!!!!

No one is pointing a gun at your head to be here.[attachment=0]dogransom.jpg[/attachment]

AH HAHAHAHA!

That is a good one Robb!

Serious people, stop being so dramatic. Sh@% it's a new year so loosen up bit. If you find something so offensive then this site is not for you.

and today someone is threatening to "not upgrade to the account they were totally about to upgrade to... I swear" because they don't like the way the vast majority of the people on the site are acting

Everything you said is spot on. Thank you.

But I wanted to address this one thing. It annoys me so much when people throw around the threat of "If you don't do the thing I want, I'm not going to give you money." IMO, that's fine, please DON'T give us money! There is a huge misconception that people think that by threatening not to pay for an "upgrade" that entitles them to whatever it is they are asking for. This is not true. If anything, that kind of behavior alerts to me to someone we DON'T want as a paying customer.

Businesses want customers that can help them thrive...together. Customers that will be supportive, understanding, and give the business repeat patronage, and in return, the business will continue to give them good service and products that they desire. In our case, it's the forum, the website, and all the other ancillary content we provide, keeping in mind the majority of the content we provide is totally free, which is one of the reasons we tolerate this kind of behavior even less.

Regardless of what some people might want to believe "the customer is always right", businesses DON'T want problematic customers. Some businesses don't really have much of a choice, but thankfully, we are in a position where we can enforce the following sign we have on our door...

bazc1456.gif.dfd5d9b82bcdc27069fdccd66091cc9c.gif

but maybe is should read this...

we_reserve_the_right_sign.jpg.16b23cabbac9633dbff5824143500ce5.jpg

To those of you who respect and understand the content posted here, we absolutely appreciate your support! To the rest of you who are gonna complain, we don't want to hear it. Go find another website or forum to take your business to. We don't want it.

I hope I've made myself clear.

Thanks again everyone!

Edited by robbalvey

I do like the sound of TwiCo. How about just Twisty? But would Robb then need a new catch phrase to replace, "TWISTY!" And I do love it so when he yells it out in the vids. It brings great joy to my heart knowing he may do the same on the TwiCo video.

^I was just thinking this. But then I thought, everyone expects that from me. And I am trying to elevate my unidirectional mind.

How about titty twister? Because who doesn't like an opportunity to mention boobs?

Instead of Robb filming hair time on TwiCo, maybe we could get some good samples of titty floater time? Titty ejector time? Lateral titty time? I mean, really. I could go on for hours.

Titties.

^Rather, TCol seems to be the one many have agreed on. It's your typical Rocky Mountain nickname, along the lines of Ntag, Irat & Orun.

How about just "Colossus" and I'm pretty sure in the context everyone will know what you're talking about.

Seriously enough with the retarded SFMM nicknames.

NTAG exists because New Texas Giant was a lot to write. Only idiots use "irat" because "Rattler" is just fine and only 4 characters longer, and no one calls it "Orun" and if they did, I would punch them in the balls.

Edited by robbalvey