TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

A video linked on Screamscape documenting construction from a few days ago states clearly that a few sections of original Colossus track, notably the brake run, will not be removed for the purposes of structural support.

They also mentioned parts of the lift structure were dangerously close to the end of their lifespan, and would need to be replaced whether or not the I-box refurb was happening or not. Obviously the ride is/was safe, but it wasn't very reassuring. Check it out.

A video linked on Screamscape documenting construction from a few days ago states clearly that a few sections of original Colossus track, notably the brake run, will not be removed for the purposes of structural support.

They also mentioned parts of the lift structure were dangerously close to the end of their lifespan, and would need to be replaced whether or not the I-box refurb was happening or not. Obviously the ride is/was safe, but it wasn't very reassuring. Check it out.

Sections had been getting replaced little by little throughout the years. I'm guessing had Twisted Colossus not came to be, those boards would have been replaced as well.

this was talked about when it came out some pages back. there are supports that run through some of the old track. the brake run is in the middle, and will all be gone. the part that is bracing the lift hill is the run up to the double up.

a lot of the wood at least looks pretty worn. can't wait for them to freshen it all up with new paint.

Can't wait for this coaster to open, it looks fantastic! Also, it seems as if Twisted Colossus will have a maintenance platform on the top of the lift similar to Wicked Cyclone's.

image.jpg.049f8b1fc8749909fbe1038eba0e3e10.jpg

Notice the bottom platform

Edited by kylexy2298

^&^^ Thanks for the info. Not sure if I'm gonna like it in grey. Will wait to see what it looks like when it's finished before I make judgement. I'm sure it will have no effect on the ride at all.

But in hindsight, grey does depress me. So my elitist, coaster semi-enthusiest, arrogant, snap prejudgement would allow me to make the prediction that the ride will do the same. So sad. I had such high hopes for this redo. Too bad it sucks. Don't even need to ride it. It sucks.

^&^^ Thanks for the info. Not sure if I'm gonna like it in grey. Will wait to see what it looks like when it's finished before I make judgement. I'm sure it will have no effect on the ride at all.

But in hindsight, grey does depress me. So my elitist, coaster semi-enthusiest, arrogant, snap prejudgement would allow me to make the prediction that the ride will do the same. So sad. I had such high hopes for this redo. Too bad it sucks. Don't even need to ride it. It sucks.

Not that it matters but are you talking about WC or TC?

Not that it matters but are you talking about WC or TC?

Well it kinda matters since there's separate threads for separate parks.

I love how Twisted Colossus is totally dwarfed by Goliath, yet it will easily become the best ride in the park.

With the pace they're moving at, it looks SFMM might actually open this in Spring like they promised for the majority of their previous attractions that turned out not opening until June/July.

If TC is as good as I am expecting it to be, then I would easily trade half the other coasters in the park for it.

If they opened TC while also closing X2, Tatsu, Goliath, and YOLO, I would still call it an oler all improvement on the park's lineup.

With the pace they're moving at, it looks SFMM might actually open this in Spring like they promised for the majority of their previous attractions that turned out not opening until June/July.

I believe they changed the target opening to Summer around the time IAAPA rolled around. They could be fine though and have TC up and running by Spring. After all, both the on-site RMC construction workers and Alan Schilke (albeit semi-sarcastically) stated that the fire actually helped speed up the construction process rather than slow it down.

^I really think SFMM is using the term summer to simply mean around Memorial Day and not specifically the summer season. Knowing the general public I'm guessing they'd get quite a few complaints if they advertised a spring opening and the ride wasn't ready for spring break. Based on the current state of construction, I'm guessing the ride will be complete by early April and will open Memorial Day weekend. I really doubt we'll see another mid-June opening.

Every time I see photos of Twisted Colossus I get more excited for the ride. While not the most intense ride ever, it just looks like it will be a ton of fun. I'm guessing a lot of the general public will still prefer X2, but I'd be surprised if Twisted Colossus doesn't become the enthusiast favorite at SFMM.