TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I have to say, overall things have gotten better. Rarely do I show up at the park and find multiple attractions down. I no longer fear for my life at the park, and the employees are serviceable, if not totally into their jobs.

The park still just needs so much, I won't disagree, and the Full Throttle set up always reminds me how not classy this park is. But overall, they seem to slowly be heading in the right direction? Can I even say that with a straight face? I guess I just did.

Keep in mind that this time of year the employees you see in the park are the ones who are there year round and actually want to be there. It's much different now than in the summer time when there's a mass hiring of teenagers looking for a summer "job" but really just looking to have a summer vacation with their friends instead of doing too much actual work.

I swear the only people that have a bad time at SFMM are coaster 'enthusisasts.' You can see them walking around in their air of superiority, seeking out the next gravy buffet, sportin their oh-so-cool El Toro shirt.

Let's not stereotype. I am a "coaster enthusiast", and I have had nothing but a great time since I have got back in the groove, and became a season pass holder in April. I have been to SFMM about 10 times since then, and have had really great experiences each and every time. I think the naysayers are more vocal than folks like me. And I really think they get joy from bitching about Six Flags in general. It truly gets old....*sigh*

I swear the only people that have a bad time at SFMM are coaster 'enthusisasts.' You can see them walking around in their air of superiority, seeking out the next gravy buffet, sportin their oh-so-cool El Toro shirt.

Let's not stereotype. I am a "coaster enthusiast", and I have had nothing but a great time since I have got back in the groove, and became a season pass holder in April. I have been to SFMM about 10 times since then, and have had really great experiences each and every time. I think the naysayers are more vocal than folks like me. And I really think they get joy from bitching about Six Flags in general. It truly gets old....*sigh*

If that's the case, I'm clearly not referring to you. I also consider myself an enthusiast, obviously, but I guess I still keep my park visits seldom enough to actually enjoy myself. With this thread in particular and many times just in general, I think enthusiasts tend to get entirely too nitpicky about little things. Like sweeping dirt or gum in a non accessable area.

I can take a bunch of pictures at Disneyland and make it look like hell on earth but I choose not to because I choose to have a good time when I go to the parks. That's because I go to have a good time!

SFMM has improved in HUGE ways the last few years and I hope the trend of improvement continues. I'm excited about the revitalization of the Colossus area of the park, and can't wait to see what they are doing in the future!

AND I like Scream and Green Lantern!

I think the phrase "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" really applies here. The day is what you chose to make of it. Some people (like myself) go in with a critical/analytical point of view while others go in with a YOLO mentality.

Yolo viewpoint sure sounds a lot more fun to be around.

I understand the point you are trying to make with that statement, and I honestly agree to an extent.....

But I'm gonna have to ask you to re-evaluate what you just said and think about your life decisions.

Seriously if I were you I'd be having an existential mental breakdown after saying that.

^^

I can see how some people can think that criticism is overdone. But to say that you would rather hang out with early teens who think their cool because of their baggy clothes and improperly placed hats whose dreams are drinking and having hookups is just too extreme.

I really hope that post was sarcastic.

Coaster enthusiasts are not a high group of social standing, but at least we are not YOLO people.

I think the phrase "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" really applies here. The day is what you chose to make of it. Some people (like myself) go in with a critical/analytical point of view while others go in with a YOLO mentality.

Exactly.

^^

I can see how some people can think that criticism is overdone. But to say that you would rather hang out with early teens who think their cool because of their baggy clothes and improperly placed hats whose dreams are drinking and having hookups is just too extreme.

I really hope that post was sarcastic.

Coaster enthusiasts are not a high group of social standing, but at least we are not YOLO people.

Depends on the teens. I certainly don't judge books by their covers. One of the most fun times I've ever had at a park was with a group of young people. Older folks can sometimes be a little jaded and nitpicky. That's not always fun to be around.

WHY!?

Is Six Flags on a mission to sweep the grass, or even mow the water?

So water isn't sitting on the midway for some stupid guest to walk through, slip and sue the park. They sweep it to thr nearest drain.

Can we please find something worth bitching about?

You must be new here.

Seriously though, the moderators do a great job usually but the comments/complaints have gotten really..whats the word... stupid lately and we all know how much Rob hates stupid comments so can we please start to delete some of the more absurd and asinine replies please? Sometimes I feel like I'm reading the CNN comments section.