TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Seems to me like a case of some people's diamond shoes being a half size too small.

Dude! I don't know about you, but when my diamond encrusted Jordans got too small, they hurt! And I was always having to take them back to the Footlocker/jewler to have them be refitted and cleaned. Makes me wish I never bought them. Same goes for that damn Victorias Secret diamond Bra! Nothing but complaints from the wife. Blah, blah, blah, my tits are bleeding! God! It never ends! Being raised with a silver spoon in my mouth has been such a crutch! And don't even get me started on the silver spoon in my mouth! Jesus Christ!

Seems to me like a case of some people's diamond shoes being a half size too small.

Dude! I don't know about you, but when my diamond encrusted Jordans got too small, they hurt! And I was always having to take them back to the Footlocker/jewler to have them be refitted and cleaned. Makes me wish I never bought them. Same goes for that damn Victorias Secret diamond Bra! Nothing but complaints from the wife. Blah, blah, blah, my tits are bleeding! God! It never ends! Being raised with a silver spoon in my mouth has been such a crutch! And don't even get me started on the silver spoon in my mouth! Jesus Christ!

You never disappoint.

You never disappoint.

105 foot drop - Ranked #6 steel coaster in the world.

98 foot drop - ranked #7 steel coaster in the world.

104 foot drop - ranked #9 steel coaster in the world.

All complaining about Twisted Colossus' first drop is now null & void.

1. There is no reason to complain that this drop is not big enough.

2. Even if you really think that that is a problem, just remember that this ride has TWO of them. It has TWO of those steep RMC drops over 100 feet. The only other RMC coaster with anything like that is IRat, with the first and last drops. However, this one will be the first one in which the largest height is experienced TWICE.

It is safe to say that no other big coaster on Earth delivers an experience like that. While many mine trains have multiple lifts, the only other full sized coaster I can think of that reaches near its maximum height twice is The Beast. But even on this, the section after the second lift is quite short, containing a very gradual drop into a single large helix. But, TC is a big ride that delivers a near equally good experience off both lifts. That is truly unique.

On another note, which "track" of TC do you think will be better? It is difficult to tell, but I think that the blue side looks more exciting to me. On this side, you have the larger drop off the turnaround, as well as the straight airtime hill, faster zero-G roll, and final drop before the second lift. It is hard to tell, so which one do you out there think?

1. There is no reason to complain that this drop is not big enough.

On another note, which "track" of TC do you think will be better? It is difficult to tell, but I think that the blue side looks more exciting to me. On this side, you have the larger drop off the turnaround, as well as the straight airtime hill, faster zero-G roll, and final drop before the second lift. It is hard to tell, so which one do you out there think?

i just like bigger first drops, like the top 5 steel coasters. lol but i'll take dual 100 ft 80 degree-ers any day!

i think both tracks will be pretty equal. i think the double down will be pretty awesome. the dive into the green track, too. and i love the zero g stall.

Now that we're finished with our mindless mumblings about TC's drop, what do you believe will be the updated paint scheme for Scream?

Do you think it will get neat new colors, or will the normal colors be freshened up? Even if the latter does occur, I think SFMM could tie it into a theme somehow.

As far as the new paint for Scream! I'm not sure if it will get completely new colors or if it will stay the same. Only reason being that they have brand new parts for Scream sitting underneath the coaster (still wrapped) that still have the same color scheme. Granted Six Flags tends not to plan too far in advance so perhaps the colors will change but if I were to hazard a guess I'm going to assume that the colors aren't changing, but then again I could be pleasantly surprised.

Even if the colors don't change, at least it's getting painted!!!

I think it will be fantastic. As long as those "small" drops pack a punch, which I'm sure they will, I doubt we'll hear any more bitching after this puppy opens. And as for the Scream repainting debate, I honestly kind of hope it stays the same colors, for some reason I've always liked the color scheme (with fresh paint of course).