TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Think they will continue the tradition during Halloween of turning colossus backwards? How cool would that be! Iron Colossus backwards.

I agree that it would be a cool idea, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. I feel like it won't happen for the same reason why Superman isn't currently running forward- guests want to experience the "new" version of the ride, so it doesn't make sense to change the ride experience right now. Plus I would imagine that the trains for TC aren't designed to run backwards.

I'm sure the trains can go backwards...it's whether or not everything else on the ride can be essentially flipped around (brakes, lapbar releases, etc).

If Magic Mountain thought of it ahead a time. I'm sure they could have had RMC incorporate that into the design. (Would be cool if they had

First they start construction on an RMC coaster, then they announce that Scream will be painted, then they finally remove Ninja's old train for rehab, now they're running both sides of Tatsu's station tonight. If they don't stop this they're going to make it harder to find things to complain about.

I was at the park again today. I don't have any pictures - sorry.

I stayed until after sunset to see the Holiday in the Park setup. It's very nice for their first year of doing this. Big light show in the DC Universe area. The lights change colors with the holiday music. On the path up to Katy's Kettle (on the way to Tatsu) is their winter wonderland. The trees are decorated with lights, snow, Coke polar bears, and a very festive mood. Santa's workshop is up near the Tatsu entrance for the kiddies. The main plaza is very nice. The fountain has changed with nice LED lighting. They even changed the YOLO video to show winter scenes. Nice decorations in YOLO plaza complete with a DJ, percussionist (same good guy from the summer), dancers, snow, lights and decorations. Again for their first effort for this, it turned out nice.

At the backstage tour, Bonnie confirmed that soon the whole area from the theatre down the hill will be closed for construction and remodeling into "Screampunk District." It was confirmed that Ben and Jerrys will become a sandwich shop and more importantly SCREAM WILL GET REPAINTED (and possibly themed more properly?)! I can't wait!

huh? I was told the old ice cream shop will be turned into a souvenir shop. are they still planning on doing this somewhere in the screampunk area? cant wait to see the new colossus merch. I will be saving up especially for that!

I am very excited about Twisted Colossus. Although I never really thought that SFMM was a bad park, it seems that the new ride is just one of many improvements the park is making. I think that it is going to turn out to be awesome, and I hope it has a single rider line. This is one of the only rides that I've ever eagerly followed construction progress on. I can't wait to ride it this summer, or hopefully spring!

At the backstage tour, Bonnie confirmed that soon the whole area from the theatre down the hill will be closed for construction and remodeling into "Screampunk District." It was confirmed that Ben and Jerrys will become a sandwich shop and more importantly SCREAM WILL GET REPAINTED (and possibly themed more properly?)! I can't wait!

huh? I was told the old ice cream shop will be turned into a souvenir shop. are they still planning on doing this somewhere in the screampunk area? cant wait to see the new colossus merch. I will be saving up especially for that!

That building is large enough for both...probably why they went with a sandwich shop (pre-made sandwiches in a refrigerated case doesn't take up much space).

That building is large enough for both...probably why they went with a sandwich shop (pre-made sandwiches in a refrigerated case doesn't take up much space).

What??? SFMM doing pre made refrigerated sandwiches instead of made fresh?

Unbelievable!

I seek the wisdom and assistance of the keepers of the Mountain queue secrets. Heading up to the park tomorrow with some family that's in town. Will this attack plan work?

10:30 GldPass entry

Throttled Full

Tatsu

Superman

Ninja

Apocinator

Riddler's

Batman

GL

Lex

Goliath

(Revolution, Viper, 'Rusher, Scream)

evening X2

Am I screwed?

Yay six flags. Something new. Let everyone in that had gold pass thirty minutes early to wait by a gate further in the park. No bottle necking trying to get early entry at the gate

Every once in a while they do this, everyone says how much they love it, and then the park stops doing it. This and the no bags express line should be an EVERY day thing. Gold Pass Guests getting in after the regular lines should never happen and yet it does all the time.

They have changed the flash pass add ons for YOLOcoaster. They are both available for the gold pass now.
Good news. I assume that is in anticipation of Twisted Colossus, which will probably be the new Platinum add-on.