TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Just thought I would chime in again and say that I LOVE Green Lantern. I know many people that love Green Lantern. Not quite sure why it's hated so much on this site as I have had much worse rides on Colossus, X2, Ghostrider, Revolution, Riddlers Revenge, and many other rides. Yes, it's intense, and it's a lot of fun because of that.

The whining about Green Lantern being too intense or too rough is why we don't get airtime machines or anything else otherwise extreme here in Southern California. It's why Goliath stops on the mid-course. It's why Robb Alvey hates Californians. Why do you think Skyrush and i305 are as far as possible from California? So many people feel this privelage that everything needs to be built for them, and if they don't like it, well then it should be torn down! It's trash! Nobody ever stops for a second and thinks that other people MIGHT JUST LIKE something they don't.

Ok end rant

I'm not the biggest fan of violent ejector air myself (I found Skyrush and El Toro to be rough endurance tests) but I love some serious floater action (such as on Nitro). With that said, I welcome both ejector and floater on TC as SFMM is long overdue for both, but Green Lantern, for me, is something else entirely. I'm probably one of few people on this site that really enjoys Ghost Rider—even at its most jarring—but I find GL to be deeply unpleasant, poorly designed, with zero redeeming qualities. So it has nothing do with whining or some fear of extreme air (GL has no "air" to me), and everything to do with my personal preference not to be slammed against steel bars over and over while being spun in circles.

And that's sad to hear that Robb hates Californians. I wasn't aware he'd made such a statement, only that he'd expressed annoyance with aspects of living in LA. Given that I know some of the Californians he's friends with, I'm sure they'll be upset to hear that too. Thanks for expressing his thoughts more clearly.

^ Bravo!

Just wait until TC opens and people start complaining that the ejector air bruised their pretty little legs. lol

I want my thighs to be bright red when I get off.

Don't take that out of context

Sheesh, you could at least play hard to get

This is looking great! Thanks all for the updates.

Bonnie confirmed tonight that Scream is getting painted!! Colors are changing. Hell has officially frozen over, pigs are airborne, etc.

My question is.... is the parking lot it sits on going to be painted over as well?

But in all seriousness this is great news! It'll be nice to see it refreshed. Glad they're spending the money to do it.

I'd like to think that the colors will complement the Screampunk District, so it'd be cool to see some copper/brass colors mixed in with some of the neon TC will have. Otherwise, anything to freshen up Scream!'s drab appearance would be much appreciated.

Now, about that parking lot...

Just thought I would chime in again and say that I LOVE Green Lantern. I know many people that love Green Lantern. Not quite sure why it's hated so much on this site as I have had much worse rides on Colossus, X2, Ghostrider, Revolution, Riddlers Revenge, and many other rides. Yes, it's intense, and it's a lot of fun because of that.

The whining about Green Lantern being too intense or too rough is why we don't get airtime machines or anything else otherwise extreme here in Southern California. It's why Goliath stops on the mid-course. It's why Robb Alvey hates Californians. Why do you think Skyrush and i305 are as far as possible from California? So many people feel this privelage that everything needs to be built for them, and if they don't like it, well then it should be torn down! It's trash! Nobody ever stops for a second and thinks that other people MIGHT JUST LIKE something they don't.

Ok end rant

Green Lantern felt like being assaulted.

My favorite coasters (not necessarily in this order) are Skyrush, i305, Maverick, Toro, and Voyage, but the Zacspin was not a pleasant ride for me (and it was unbalanced and flipped several times).

Schilke's explanation made a lot of sense and was appreciated.

It is interesting that Six Flags is going with the S&S / RMC design and not another Zacspin for their San Antonio park.

Bonnie confirmed tonight that Scream is getting painted!! Colors are changing. Hell has officially frozen over, pigs are airborne, etc.

My question is.... is the parking lot it sits on going to be painted over as well?

But in all seriousness this is great news! It'll be nice to see it refreshed. Glad they're spending the money to do it.

. I would much rather see the pavement be completely removed and grass planted, but I'm sure that won't happen.

Yeah, I figured Scream would have to change if SFMM wants to put any effort into a retheme. According to another report the ride will be repainted in new colors, receive a new entrance, have all fencing replaced, and some landscape work will be done (my guess is they'll de-stripe and cover the area in gravel similar to SFGAdv's Green Lantern). As far as colors go, I'd probably use a metallic orange/copper for the track with iron gray supports and use darker blues and greens for the trains (with red and purple highlights), but I've got no idea what the park will use.

Don’t call me stupid or anything, but this has been on my mind for a while what if someone gets sick or hurt on the first go around. And being that the track is combined are they SOL lol until the end of the second half…

Don’t call me stupid or anything, but this has been on my mind for a while what if someone gets sick or hurt on the first go around. And being that the track is combined are they SOL lol until the end of the second half…

The same thing that happenes if somebody gets sick at the beginning of a ride.

The same thing that happenes if somebody gets sick at the beginning of a ride.

thought so lol....

If the ops were watching the lifts (they are conveniently close to each other) they could potentially stop the train there if they had to. But they might not be able to easily get people off the lift so that might make things worse overall.