TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^ He was smiling the entire time he said that. It was clear that he was only joking.

definitely seemed like a total joke.

I don't know about that. it could possibly still be true, he was probably smiling because he's proud of what they did, you know, saying it kinda lightheartedly, like "no harm done, right?"

^^ He was smiling the entire time he said that. It was clear that he was only joking.

I don't know about that. it could possibly still be true, he was probably smiling because he's proud of what they did, you know, saying it kinda lightheartedly, like "no harm done, right?"

i don't think he wanted to come out and say, yeah my lame crew weren't prepared and it got out of control. lol gotta keep out confidence in their crew.

btw, miss queen, i like your "colossus crown". i think it was fake closing day i saw you and your crown in line. i was going to go look for one in the stores until i saw you later and realized it was one of a kind! very cool!

heres a couple photos of the new railing and the latest on the 1st turnaround.

so I just watched the alan schilke interview, and I must say I was disgusted when he boldly admitted the fire was intentional! I mean come on RMC, the intention may have been to get peoples attention, but do NOT mess with nature and her elements. you can not control nature! its no wonder why they sacrificed some of the structure wood from colossus' peak. I am also confused that sfmm said the "fire" will not impact the opening timeframe. now there is a photo/postcard/flyer that clearly depicts "summer 2015". whats the deal with this?

Have you ever heard the expression "tongue-in-cheek"?

so I just watched the alan schilke interview, and I must say I was disgusted when he boldly admitted the fire was intentional! I mean come on RMC, the intention may have been to get peoples attention, but do NOT mess with nature and her elements. you can not control nature! its no wonder why they sacrificed some of the structure wood from colossus' peak. I am also confused that sfmm said the "fire" will not impact the opening timeframe. now there is a photo/postcard/flyer that clearly depicts "summer 2015". whats the deal with this?

Have you ever heard the expression "tongue-in-cheek"?

i don't think he wanted to come out and say, yeah my lame crew weren't prepared and it got out of control. lol gotta keep out confidence in their crew.

btw, miss queen, i like your "colossus crown". i think it was fake closing day i saw you and your crown in line. i was going to go look for one in the stores until i saw you later and realized it was one of a kind! very cool!

yep, that's me alright! many people actually asked me where I got it from, and I proudly told them it was handmade. I should make them to sell. I was told many would buy them. I think I recall that someone uploaded a video on youtube on august 17th intending on showing the "last train out", but you can actually see me coming off the train in tears with my bf. I was devastated. but I have a higher understanding now, about why colossus needs this, and this knowledge is still very heartbreaking on the inside, but in a "twisted" kinda way....healing.

changing the subject a little tho, does anybody know when they take out the MCBR, if they will alter the support structure for the double down or will they keep it and just be adding the new track?

changing the subject a little tho, does anybody know when they take out the MCBR, if they will alter the support structure for the double down or will they keep it and just be adding the new track?

i think there will be a decent amount of new wood after the high five. it looks like after it, the trains will follow the old path first, being close to the lift hill, then twist back toward the parking lot. i'd think much of the old block brake will be gone.

also, i thought it cool that alan designed the trains to cross each other 4 times, if they leave the lift hill at the same time.

so I just watched the alan schilke interview, and I must say I was disgusted when he boldly admitted the fire was intentional!

lol you don't start a fire on purpose to have the fire department go through the trouble of showing up to put it out for you.

Just an innocent mistake on RMC's side, Alan just made the best of it. They were lucky that the fire was at the top of the lift though, fire rises so for it to catch on top and then have to go downward takes a bit more heat and buys you a little more time. Honestly though, if the whole ride burnt down I don't doubt they could rebuild the entire thing from scratch, they patched up the lift damage in no time.

On a final note Schilke really is entertaining to listen to, you can tell he has a passion for his job and has an innovative mind, which is refreshing to hear in this day and age where we're starting to see a lot of B&M's and Intamin's kinda doing the same things over and over. And he's also really good at explaining the way the rides work, whether from a decade or go or to this day. Definitely a great guy to be working for RMC who are making some of the most unique rides and layouts we've seen in a long time.

On a final note Schilke really is entertaining to listen to, you can tell he has a passion for his job and has an innovative mind, which is refreshing to hear in this day and age where we're starting to see a lot of B&M's and Intamin's kinda doing the same things over and over. And he's also really good at explaining the way the rides work, whether from a decade or go or to this day. Definitely a great guy to be working for RMC who are making some of the most unique rides and layouts we've seen in a long time.

i really liked his explanation of where the seats flip on the new Batman. made total sense why i hated green lantern. also, the way he frankly spoke about X2 and it's roughness depending on certain factors.

don't get me wrong, I think hes a great guy and I applaud him for his work. I was just a little disheartened by that one statement. other than that he really did seem to show lots of respect and passion for colossus as the king of wooden coasters, and saw potential to give him an upgrade, and fix him up!

i really liked his explanation of where the seats flip on the new Batman. made total sense why i hated green lantern. also, the way he frankly spoke about X2 and it's roughness depending on certain factors.

exactly this....green lantern actually popped into my head as everyone nows that ride sucks . ive never had any desire to ride it for that reason. also because the spinning is not controlled like on x2.

Just thought I would chime in again and say that I LOVE Green Lantern. I know many people that love Green Lantern. Not quite sure why it's hated so much on this site as I have had much worse rides on Colossus, X2, Ghostrider, Revolution, Riddlers Revenge, and many other rides. Yes, it's intense, and it's a lot of fun because of that.

The whining about Green Lantern being too intense or too rough is why we don't get airtime machines or anything else otherwise extreme here in Southern California. It's why Goliath stops on the mid-course. It's why Robb Alvey hates Californians. Why do you think Skyrush and i305 are as far as possible from California? So many people feel this privelage that everything needs to be built for them, and if they don't like it, well then it should be torn down! It's trash! Nobody ever stops for a second and thinks that other people MIGHT JUST LIKE something they don't.

Ok end rant

Just thought I would chime in again and say that I LOVE Green Lantern. I know many people that love Green Lantern. Not quite sure why it's hated so much on this site as I have had much worse rides on Colossus, X2, Ghostrider, Revolution, Riddlers Revenge, and many other rides. Yes, it's intense, and it's a lot of fun because of that.

The whining about Green Lantern being too intense or too rough is why we don't get airtime machines or anything else otherwise extreme here in Southern California. It's why Goliath stops on the mid-course. It's why Robb Alvey hates Californians. Why do you think Skyrush and i305 are as far as possible from California? So many people feel this privelage that everything needs to be built for them, and if they don't like it, well then it should be torn down! It's trash! Nobody ever stops for a second and thinks that other people MIGHT JUST LIKE something they don't.

Ok end rant

To be fair... Goliath was less because of complaints and more because of complaints plus an on-ride fatality.

Hey look we made it to 4000 pages!

In regards to the fire: Trust me, it was not intentional. I'm pretty sure the park would get major fines for perpetuating a fire, especially in an area that has been exposed to wildfires before. Smokey the Bear says only YOU would believe that RMC did it intentionally.

Green Lantern sucks because it sucks. It spins in all the wrong ways and then when you abruptly brake while you're upside down and the restraints dig into your shoulders... I'll pass.

Hey look we made it to 4000 pages!

In regards to the fire: Trust me, it was not intentional. I'm pretty sure the park would get major fines for perpetuating a fire, especially in an area that has been exposed to wildfires before. Smokey the Bear says only YOU would believe that RMC did it intentionally.

Green Lantern sucks because it sucks. It spins in all the wrong ways and then when you abruptly brake while you're upside down and the restraints dig into your shoulders... I'll pass.

^if only this site had a "like" option....I couldn't agree more, and I hope u guys are right about alan's sarcasm and that it was not intentional.