TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

4 trains, will always run at least three.

And will get 600-700 people through an hour... unless they surprise everyone with a double-loading station (not happening).

I think a load/unload station would probably work better for sfmm's purposes. They tried the dual loading station once.

I think if SF hired a really good Steampunk Painter/Artist, they would get an amazing massive

creation, all over that parking lot under Scream. And while they're at it, make it a 3D visual

thing, which will freak the riders out as they dip and dive around it all.

(And at night, all illuminated so it becomes even more enhanced with special paints, etc.)

I think a load/unload station would probably work better for sfmm's purposes. They tried the dual loading station once.

I've never ridden Tatsu, can someone explain to me how/why it didn't work? I was confused by 3 trains and 2 stations... I would think it would be 4 trains and 2 stations - 2 trains for each station. SFOG has a double station for their Superman flying B&M coaster, but only one side was in operation when I was there last.

I'm thinking it's a matter of the park not wanting to pay for the extra staff? Or were there other issues?

I've never ridden Tatsu, can someone explain to me how/why it didn't work? I was confused by 3 trains and 2 stations... I would think it would be 4 trains and 2 stations - 2 trains for each station. SFOG has a double station for their Superman flying B&M coaster, but only one side was in operation when I was there last.

I'm thinking it's a matter of the park not wanting to pay for the extra staff? Or were there other issues?

Its the fact that they dont use it. Also they stack the line on each side of the station rather then feed a single line to 2 stations like california Screaming at dca.

I am extremely excited for Twisted Colossus! This has to me one of my most anticipated rides ever, as it is going to be the first RMC ride in California, and it just looks flipping awesome! The trains look amazing, but I still kind of like the station for the carnival/clown promo better. Either way, I am excited to ride it!

Btw: Does anyone know when they are going to start building something other than lift hill?

Because that requires paying more employees to staff the other station.

So, when running at full capacity, 2 trains consistently go to one side and 1 train goes to the other side? Or does the 3rd train go to which ever station is ready to accept another train?

The operator chooses which side to send the train to.

When Tatsu is running 2 Trains, 2 stations, each station has its own train.

When there is 3 train, 2 station operation, the trains alternate which station they arrive at. For example: If you board at station 1, you'll return at station 2 and vice versa.

I am extremely excited for Twisted Colossus! This has to me one of my most anticipated rides ever, as it is going to be the first RMC ride in California, and it just looks flipping awesome! The trains look amazing, but I still kind of like the station for the carnival/clown promo better. Either way, I am excited to ride it!

Btw: Does anyone know when they are going to start building something other than lift hill?

Bunny hops are completed I believe.