TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^^ Sometimes it is necessary to state the obvious with this group so, you're welcome. (you edited your comment) And it's marketing. It's supposed to be boastful and over the top and full of hype. It's not meant to be taken literally as a meaningful critique of the riding experience. (Not to mention that you haven't ridden yet - but this is common practice in the enthusiast community)

I understand the point you were trying to make, but my counter-point is why are people reading so much into soundbite statements written by a third party marketing company for the masses of non-enthusiast chowderheads out there and then posting on the internet like it's some kind of novel idea or that your favorite theme park should somehow be 'above' such manipulative and oh so dirty practices... I mean, it's just an ad.

I actually think the ride will have 18 moments of airtime outside of the prelift, 9 per cycle.

1) first drop

2) bunny hill

3) entering first turn around

4) high five

5) exiting turn around

(Only green) double down

6) airtime hills under inverting track

7&8) two per double up

(Only blue) side ways airtime hill before green lift.

I may be stretching it, but that's what I saw!

I actually think the ride will have 18 moments of airtime outside of the prelift, 9 per cycle.

1) first drop

2) bunny hill

3) entering first turn around

4) high five

5) exiting turn around

(Only green) double down

6) airtime hills under inverting track

7&8) two per double up

(Only blue) side ways airtime hill before green lift.

I may be stretching it, but that's what I saw!

Yep, this is what I counted as well, way back when the announcement was made. They're advertising 18 moments, not 18 straight up airtime hills.

Rocky Mountain Construction and Six Flags Magic Mountain, the “Thrill Capital of the World,” has unveiled the new Twisted Colossus coaster ride vehicle that will be installed at the park in 2015. Twisted Colossus, the world’s longest hybrid coaster, is the park’s 19th roller coaster.

Follow along in the IAAPA 2014 thread here!

[fbvideo]

[/fbvideo]

B2vrvjpIcAAy7Hq.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.7e0b8c8e9825c088836b177359ed841e.jpeg

Check out the sexy new Twisted Colossus roller coaster car!

B2vsdSjIAAAwrFS.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.b671a61b7ad9bb113728ac4df1e52cce.jpeg

New Twisted Colossus train looks great! Bonnie Rabjohn & Fred Grubb already having fun!

B2vtL2zIMAA_cN6.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.54662db85147e06666150065512abb82.jpeg

The front of the Twisted Colossus train... WOW!!!

Edited by jray21

The car looks really nice! Still don't like that we're getting the "Screampunk District" though. Whatever!

Probably the sexiest coaster car for the sexiest ride in California

Screampunk, yeah they missed out on it there. Maybe they'll at least re-theme the station and put a lot of old gears around the pilings of scream for 2016.

Interesting that they confirmed the theme of the area being "Screampunk". I took that survey a bit ago mentioning the theme. I hope they can pull it off better than the FT plaza. The coaster train indeed does look great. It will definitely be one vibrant ride. The color scheme, and the theme, also works in nicely with Scream. Not sure what they consider to be Screampunk food and retail for that matter. Very curious to see how all this comes together in 2015.

I really like the look of that Twisted Colossus train, and I'm guessing it will look even better in red. It's probably my favorite RMC train. Given that the park is redoing the entire area as the Screampunk district, I'm guessing we might finally be getting a repaint for Scream and a new restaurant in place of that closed one uphill from Colossus. Hopefully this will be more like DC Universe and less like Full Throttle Plaza.

Also, after the announcement about Justice League: Battle for Metropolis I'm really hoping SFMM gets one of these in the near future. DC Universe expansion for 2017 with Justice League and a couple flats, anyone? It'd be perfect timing to promote the new movie.

Wow! Looking sharp. Those are some of the coolest looking trains I've seen.

Has it been confirmed how many trains TC will have?

I, too, am curious to see what the "Screampunk" district brings. Hopefully they'll repaint Scream, and maybe they'll even replace the asphalt underneath with some kind of drought tolerant landscaping?!