TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Was there today too, very disappointed... (but not surprised):

[1] yesterday I posted about my conversation with a CSR about the Dining Pass offer, and of course, after waiting in line through Guest Relations, they refused to honor the pricing that's on their website! no shocker there, no arguing was going to change their mind

[2] waited in line for Batman, then it closed due to issues... running one train

[3] 5 minute dispatch times on Tatsu (clock says 130 seconds), shockingly, it ran two trains today

[4] X2 ... waited 90 minutes, the ride closes down (no test trains either) and reopens 30 minutes later... this makes it the 3rd time in a row that there has been an issue with X2.... same breakdown happened a month ago, it was completely not open two weeks ago, and then this issue today. over 2 hours in line! And running only one train.

/rant over

Park was shockingly busy today. I guess a 65F day on a weekday off-season holiday didn't make a big difference. Lesson learned

It was a lot busier than I expected, but I should have known since it was a holiday. Not as many Christmas decorations as I had expected, IDK if they're still putting more up or if the majority of their decorations are lights (I hope I get to see them all on!). I waited about 30 minutes for Batman, an hour for Goliath, and used single rider lines for Luther, GL, Riddler (never again), and Viper. Viper's single rider line was confusing (I basically just went into the station) but it didn't really have a wait anyway. Batman should have a single rider line and same with Tatsu. It's a long wait but once you get in the station, there's so many groups of 3 that chances are you can ride it multiple times. But it'd be nice to not even have to wait as a single rider and fill up the rows.

I was disappointed that I didn't get to ride X2 yet again. I skipped it in the afternoon because it had a 2 hour wait, and when I went later in the evening, it had broken down and they said it was going to be an "extended delay." So I left in favor of Goliath but when I left the park, I saw that X2 was running with riders. I almost wish I had just waited for it now that I know it did reopen.

^I'm surprised you had a bad Riddler Ride. Over the last few years, the few times I went on it, I experienced unnecessary headbanging, however I visited the second to last weekend of FrightFest and experienced some of the best rides I've ever had on Riddler. The night rides in the dark were amazing.

I think the key to that ride is where you choose to stand (and of course how you set the harness). Second to the last time I was on I chose back row, and it was rough and banging. Last time I went on was front row, and it was fantastic.

I rode in row 4 and it was the roughest ride I've ever gotten on it. I went as a single rider so I didn't have a choice but to take the open row but I'll be going again with a friend who's never been to SFMM and I'll make sure we get in the front row. But I just don't like stand-up coasters. They feel awkward.