TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The last page and a half is why we can't have nice things in California. I can't wait till TC opens and its 'too this' and 'too that' and gets Californiaized within a year.

So true. lol Everything hurts in California, all the rides are too rough, have horrible restraints, hurts man parts and is too uncomfortable. People complain about everything. And then everyone wants a mega lite. Californians couldn't handle an extreme ride.

Edited by Manic Monte

So true. lol Everything hurts in California, all the rides are too rough, have horrible restraints, hurts man parts and is too uncomfortable.

... coming from the guy in the state that has Desperado and Manhattan Express.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they advertised TC with #ColossalSwag or a montage of selfies when it gets close to opening. Or if some person gets a slight headache after riding and then sues the park. I hate living in SoCal sometimes...

Edited by StuckInSD

[so true. lol Everything hurts in California, all the rides are too rough, have horrible restraints, hurts man parts and is too uncomfortable.

... coming from the guy in the state that has Desperado and Manhattan Express.

Haven't been on Manhattan Express in years, but I quite like Desperado!

The last page and a half is why we can't have nice things in California. I can't wait till TC opens and its 'too this' and 'too that' and gets Californiaized within a year.

It will have too much airtime. All moments of airtime will need to be replaced by inversions.

In all seriousness, I do think it is interesting how the last coaster was marketed more toward a younger crowd, while TC has had no YOLO references and things like the Vacation tie in. It seems like this time they are trying to market more toward an older crowd than last time. I could see how this makes some sense, considering that this is the rebirth of an older ride.

I'm assuming the "fail" you're speaking of is the misuse of "were," which should be "we're."

That is INCREDIBLY embarrassing. Yikes. The individual(s) writing these things should at least have a basic understanding of contractions. Nice one, Six Flags.

EDIT: I also noticed the misuse of "well" in the last sentence, which should be "we'll." LOL.

I'm assuming the "fail" you're speaking of is the misuse of "were," which should be "we're."

That is INCREDIBLY embarrassing. Yikes. The individual(s) writing these things should at least have a basic understanding of contractions. Nice one, Six Flags.

EDIT: I also noticed the misuse of "well" in the last sentence, which should be "we'll." LOL.

They've consistently sent out email blasts with major grammatical errors... pour oversight by Six Flags, and to be honest, indicative of all the nuances in how there parks are operated. SIGH

yes that was on purpose