TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I noticed many similarities between Goliath's drop and [the second drop of] Phantom's Revenge. Both provide a constant angle on the largest drops, leading to a disappointingly low amount of airtime. However, Phantom had a good shot of airtime at the top going in to the second drop, great views, and excellent airtime throughout the rest of the ride. None of these can be said about Goliath. Overall, staying at the same slope just does not thrill me that much, even on 90 degree slopes. Dive machines do not do it for me in the front row; even on these I prefer the back because I find being whipped over the drop to be more thrilling than being slowly lowered over and dropped at a constant angle.

What do you prefer? The B & M drop were it goes inward or the drop that Goliath has which is a straight 60 degrees until the bottom of the drop.

I've gotten to the point where for the most part I don't even notice the angle of the drop anymore. The ones I really like are Maverick and El Loco, both are extremely steep. Those still kinda take my breath away.

my favorite drop [by far] is X2... that never ever ever gets old

That goes without saying! It's not "scary" anymore, but that is still my favorite single element of any coaster.

What do you prefer? The B & M drop were it goes inward or the drop that Goliath has which is a straight 60 degrees until the bottom of the drop.

I like straight first drops. Goliath's drop is pretty good. I swear though it didn't slow down like it does now, which made it way better. Am I right? I think 80 degrees or so is a nice angle. I also like B&M's like Raging Bull with the pre drop section, then straight drop. SFGA Goliath and Raging Bull are a coupe of my favorites, along with Millennium Force. I don't like the extreme angles like Maverick.

^^ Goliath's drop is one of the few drops on a coaster that still "gets me" every time. The ride is far more braked now than when it first opened with the mid-course being necessary due to that helix, but it does seem like it almost stops you at the crest of the first drop now. Still, I think it's one of the best drops I've been on—far better than something like Skyrush which, to me, was little more than a violent slamming sensation.

I might head over there on Saturday as I haven't checked out Fright Fest yet.

Hi guys!

I'm super excited that I'm finally going to the park this Sunday, but I wanted to know what are the seats I can´t miss.

I´ve heard that the last row in Goliath is the best, but I don´t actually know, neither with the other coasters. Can somebody help me?

Thanks!

Hi guys!

I'm super excited that I'm finally going to the park this Sunday, but I wanted to know what are the seats I can´t miss.

I´ve heard that the last row in Goliath is the best, but I don´t actually know, neither with the other coasters. Can somebody help me?

Thanks!

Last row on Tatsu is one I highly recommend. Unfortunately, you do not get a choice on Fu11 Throttle, but back on that is the best.

I like front on Batman and Riddler and X2.

I like a picnic bench for Green Lantern (in other words, no good seat on this one....LOL!)

To be honest, there are few rides at SFMM where I find it makes that much of a difference where you sit (unlike Scandia Screamer, which I just rode last night). With that said, I like:

Apocalypse — Back as you'll get launched on the first drop, but the front provides a good "push" effect into some of the smaller hills.

Viper — Back for a good whip off the lift, but front for a little bit of air after the loops.

Full Throttle — Anywhere, for me, but I find the middle get's the best of everything that this ride has to offer (the loop, essentially).

X2 — Front (which looks like the back in the station) for the excellent hangtime before the beatdown begins.

Tatsu — Back for a good dropping sensation into the pretzel loop, but all the seats suck on this if you ask me.

Goliath — Back for the first whiplash, but the front seat-view on this one is really good.

Ninja — Front, otherwise you don't see much.

Batman — Same as above.

Riddler — Same as above.

Superman — Doesn't really matter, but the arm-shield things on the sides are a bit awkward. Back seat doesn't have them.

Green Lantern — I'd agree with the park bench suggestion. It's that bad.

Revolution — Doesn't matter. It's going to hurt wherever you sit.

Scream — Doesn't seem to matter.

I just saw some workers talking and funky looking stuff, nothing picture worthy so I just figured it was interesting

Really?!

You start an ebolaesque frenzy with the statement, "Interesting stuff going on at TC's construction. " And respond with, "I just saw some workers talking and funky looking stuff, nothing picture worthy so I just figured it was interesting."

Seriously?!

Generally one would follow the statement, "Interesting stuff going on at TC's construction. ," with say... ...pictures of the workers installing glory holes to each individual seat of the ride vehicle.

That I would find as, "Interesting stuff going on at TC's construction. "

Hi guys!

Thanks!

The front row of the second to last car on Viper gives you a smooth ride!