TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

A 26-year-old man picking on some Boys and Girls Club kids over 4 extra spots in line (thats one row of a roller coaster). Come on man. I get that its frustrating and wrong but that just seems so petty to me to make a scene (loudly calling kids out) over it. Especially when its children.

I would wager there's 99.99% chance they were not the first, or tenth line cutters that had passed him that day. People will reach their breaking point eventually.

A 26-year-old man picking on some Boys and Girls Club kids over 4 extra spots in line (thats one row of a roller coaster). Come on man. I get that its frustrating and wrong but that just seems so petty to me to make a scene (loudly calling kids out) over it. Especially when its children.

I don't understand how expecting someone old enough to go around (mostly) unsupervised in a theme park to abide by the posted rules (as well as behaving like a decent human being) is "picking on" them. It's not. SMH

I agree that following rules is expected amongst parkgoers of every age. The appropriate way, IMO, to handle things like that would be to simply say "hey guys, youre not supposed to skip the line" or "you cant hold places in line" or whatever. Not be a bully who's significantly older than a fee Boys and Girls Club kids and make a scene loud enough to be overheard by an employee. Theres always a right or wrong way to enforce the rules and this was a pretty pathetic way to go about doing so if you ask me. But hey, if calling kids out is your thing, Im not going to stop you.

The kids need to learn to be respectful of the park rules...and the best way to learn a lesson is the hard way. It's not bullying to be pissed people are line jumping you, regardless of their age.

I don't understand how expecting someone old enough to go around (mostly) unsupervised in a theme park to abide by the posted rules (as well as behaving like a decent human being) is "picking on" them. It's not. SMH

I agree that following rules is expected amongst parkgoers of every age. The appropriate way, IMO, to handle things like that would be to simply say "hey guys, youre not supposed to skip the line" or "you cant hold places in line" or whatever. Not be a bully who's significantly older than a fee Boys and Girls Club kids and make a scene loud enough to be overheard by an employee. Theres always a right or wrong way to enforce the rules and this was a pretty pathetic way to go about doing so if you ask me. But hey, if calling kids out is your thing, Im not going to stop you.

I never layed a hand or finger on any of them. I just audibly called them out on it. I don't see how that's picking/bullying on them and I never used foul language.

I got to the park yesterday around 2:15 and X2 had just closed, and as people had mentioned, stayed closed the rest of the day.

I rode: Batman, Green Lantern, Lex, YOLO, Viper, Revolution, Tatsu (4x), Goliath (3x).

I've never been to Fright Fest at Magic Mountain and I came just for the rides. I went through most of the scare zones, and with the exception of the one at the top of the hill and the one in the DC Comics area, I only saw one or two scareactors in each zone. Made things easier for someone like me who gets scared easily.

Around 9:30 I was meandering around near the front gate when a lady asked, "Are you alone?" I said yes and then she hands me a voucher for a wristband. I was in total shock. I had absolutely no money and no intention of doing mazes unless I had friends with me (again, scared easily) but here I was with a free wristband and an hour and a half before closing.

I ended up finding two really cool strangers who went with me into Vault 666 and the two Willoughby mazes. Then I got the guts to do Toyz of Terror 3D basically alone (there was no line so I caught up to a couple and followed them in so I wouldn't be completely alone). I ended the night with Red's Revenge in another group of strangers, but by then, I felt super courageous and didn't mind being alone.

I really like Red's Revenge because of the cool sets, with Willoughby's Resurrected and Toyz of Terror close 2nd and 3rds. I definitely hope I can go back this weekend and try everything. I'm really proud of myself for going through mazes alone for the first time ever!!

Please don't be that guy and jump the line in parking lot to hop onto the bus as that guy Mr driver don't play that game. As he don't got time to L.E.A.D. (Listen – Empathize – Apologize – Direct) Trust me as I'm that guy.

That kind of sums up most of the SFMM workforce.

What do you prefer? The B & M drop were it goes inward or the drop that Goliath has which is a straight 60 degrees until the bottom of the drop.

Millenium Force drop please With that said, my favorite drop [by far] is X2... that never ever ever gets old

What do you prefer? The B & M drop were it goes inward or the drop that Goliath has which is a straight 60 degrees until the bottom of the drop.

I actually really dislike Goliath's drop. I don't like being firmly planted in my seat and watching the ground approach. From my experienced, the more parabolic drops create an increasing sense of weightlessness and free fall until they hit the pull-out.

Part of the problem may be that it's not very steep though. It would be interesting to experience the ramp-style drop on something much steeper.

I love Goliath. It's one of the few rides at the mountain that doesn't hurt me in some fashion. (Only green lantern hurts me enough not to ride). But it's nice to have a few rides to marathon and this is one of them)

Part of the problem may be that it's not very steep though. It would be interesting to experience the ramp-style drop on something much steeper.

Like 90 DEGREES!!

I really like B&M's hyper drops. The one on shambhala at Portaventura (the tallest B&M I've ridden) feels never-ending and provides some nice air all the way down. Watching the tunnel at the bottom of the drop getting closer and closer is really cool too.

I haven't ridden goliath (or titan) but I don't like these "straight" drops as much as the more modern curving ones.

I actually really dislike Goliath's drop. I don't like being firmly planted in my seat and watching the ground approach. From my experienced, the more parabolic drops create an increasing sense of weightlessness and free fall until they hit the pull-out.

Like a Dive Machine? Or Dragster/Ka/Superman (SFMM) to an extent.

The Goliath drop definitely gives a more...unique feeling. The drop itself isn't very scary/exciting since it's not forceful at all (unless you're in the back seat). But I don't know, it's just something about a nice looong plummet into the ground that is just awesome to me.