TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Another thing I noticed today was that when YOLOcoaster had a longer line, they started issuing slips to make sure line cutting Did not occur. When it came to us handing our passes, my friend joked that he didn't have one. The ticket collector said "it's okay." My friend still have him his ticket, but what's the point of using these if they don't even implement them. Even if it's just to scare people in like from preventing them from like cutting, it seems silly by the enforce it. What's then to stop someone from line cutting after that instance, knowing they'd get away with it.

We were given a slip last Saturday morning for YOLO. We also had slips for some of the mazes last Friday night. I appreciate them trying to limit the line cutting.

Another thing I noticed today was that when YOLOcoaster had a longer line, they started issuing slips to make sure line cutting Did not occur. When it came to us handing our passes, my friend joked that he didn't have one. The ticket collector said "it's okay." My friend still have him his ticket, but what's the point of using these if they don't even implement them. Even if it's just to scare people in like from preventing them from like cutting, it seems silly by the enforce it. What's then to stop someone from line cutting after that instance, knowing they'd get away with it.

We were given a slip last Saturday morning for YOLO. We also had slips for some of the mazes last Friday night. I appreciate them trying to limit the line cutting.

I appreciate them too, but only if they're actually enforced.

Speaking of line cutting. The people in front of me on Tatsu just let three people who weren't in line join them. This is so irritating.

Is Tatsu's pretzel loop very scary? I do not know if I want to ride it.

from what ive learned, there is a certain trick to it. just before u hit it, look down, like WAY down as far as u can, until u can or almost can see the back of the train (if u are in front). it keeps ur insides from coming up into ur chest and minimizes the "cant breathe" sensation u get.

The burned out area of the lift hill on Twisted Colossus is almost completely filled back in. Only 1 more bent to be erected.

Yes, finally! I find it interesting that RMC is continuing to use NAD's method of having a single bent to support both tracks, without a vertical beam down the middle. Looks less bulky than the PTC racers, which actually have two rows of bents next to each other. I'm so ready to see track on the top of the lift again!

Phew! Some varied experiences today.

Got to the "toll booth" at 9:48 A.M. and parked in one of the first rows. Got in the gold pass line at 10:00 and found almost 100 people already lined up--a reminder that getting there early really means "getting there early." (The 50 or so in back were on the bubble or waited longer than the regulars.)

Took shortcut to YOLO and boarded second-to-last row. Since I am small, the hip bar does not go down all the way and the leg restraint ends up stapling me in in a very painful way. OUCH! But the hangtime, Scorpion tail, and top-hat exit are always awesome.

X2: walk-on!! Zero-minute wait. But this is only because of fast feet. Chatted with a Spanish guy who had done it before. Personally found ride bumpy toward the end and had to lock legs to pad under car to avoid bouncing my legs everywhere.

Viper and Revolution were the usual!

Tatsu was running a little strange. Found out they put duct tape on the leg restraints because paint was peeling off and staining people's clothes. Got ready to ride, but oops...someone had something they wanted to put down, so down we go and up we go again and then again up the lift hill and so forth. Good views, great flight! Shame on the guy in our row who spit on the platform under the last set of block brakes. It's so filthy down there!!

Off to superman for an early flight out on the front seat. Met visitors with overheard discussion of Kingda Ka. 8 minutes for S: EFK today.

Ninja: Shame.... Ride was closed entire time I was there for unknown reason. Last saw a mechanic bending over the front car chatting with ride op staff. Later saw park staff riding, but no ordinary people.

Green Lantern was the usual: hold on tight and hope you don't get thrown around. Cut off a 30-45 minute line thanks to SPRQ.

Goliath: They were already at the zig-zag and the queue was 30 minutes long. Didn't follow the Platinum Rule as I ought to have. But the ride from the back row was excellent.

Overall, a very good Fright Fest Sunday with 14 rides, 66 minutes of wait time total, and 183 minutes time-in-park.

I think the habit of spitting off of Tatsu at the end comes from the years of corrosive spit already neatly aligned in rows on the platform. People see it and feel encouraged to do the same. We got stuck there once and these girls in front of us kept spitting over and over again. I finally yelled something to the effect of 'start acting like a lady' and they stopped. Sometimes I love being the grouchy old man

Speaking of line cutting. The people in front of me on Tatsu just let three people who weren't in line join them. This is so irritating.

I'm pretty much always calling them out on it these days, even if nothing will be done about it. The last time anything happened was back in the 2010 season at SFDK some Boys and Girls Club kids had 1-2 stand in line and about 4 came in and slipped under the railings of Medusa. So I called them out over it loudly and I guess their staff member heard me and so she ended up taking them all out of the line and to the very back after I explained what happened.

it's been a pretty steady day. Not dead but not crazy busy by any means, especially not compared to yesterday. Most of my rides were near walks-ons. I did have to wait a bit for Goliath and obviously Yolo had its typical 45+ minute line. At 2:20 we were on the bridge to X2 when they announced that it was broken down and were unsure how long it would be. We saw people leaving the line and an attendant did not let people enter the line. We went to have lunch instead and will be heading back to the park in a bit.

Tatsu started running two trains last night and ran two this morning as well. Apocalypse and Ninja are running one. Scream had two yesterday but only one when I rode this morning.

Viper's dispatches were great with no stacking.

Thanks for the tip! I just got back... not packed, but not super light (well, in terms of line times). X2 ended up being down the entire night (got there around 5pm). Tatsu was a 30 minute want around 9:30pm. Scream of course had zero line. Lex Luthor was about 20 minutes. Goliath was 30 minutes. Skipped Tatsu the first time we walked by it (around 5:30pm) since the line was about 90 minutes. And skipped Apocalypse since the line was 2 HOURS (yup!). But you were right, steady day, not busy nor light. The scare zones were REALLY weak though... maybe because it's a Sunday and they have less monsters out? Other than that, not a bad day. The swaying at the top of Lex Luthor from the windy night were pretty crazy

I'm pretty much always calling them out on it these days, even if nothing will be done about it. The last time anything happened was back in the 2010 season at SFDK some Boys and Girls Club kids had 1-2 stand in line and about 4 came in and slipped under the railings of Medusa. So I called them out over it loudly and I guess their staff member heard me and so she ended up taking them all out of the line and to the very back after I explained what happened.

A 26-year-old man picking on some Boys and Girls Club kids over 4 extra spots in line (thats one row of a roller coaster). Come on man. I get that its frustrating and wrong but that just seems so petty to me to make a scene (loudly calling kids out) over it. Especially when its children.

Is Tatsu's pretzel loop very scary? I do not know if I want to ride it.

from what ive learned, there is a certain trick to it. just before u hit it, look down, like WAY down as far as u can, until u can or almost can see the back of the train (if u are in front). it keeps ur insides from coming up into ur chest and minimizes the "cant breathe" sensation u get.

I can honestly say I hate the "Into your chest" feeling. Agh, it just doesn't feel right. I only get it on drop towers, and flying coaster pretzel loops.

A 26-year-old man picking on some Boys and Girls Club kids over 4 extra spots in line (thats one row of a roller coaster). Come on man. I get that its frustrating and wrong but that just seems so petty to me to make a scene (loudly calling kids out) over it. Especially when its children.

I understand where you're coming from, but why not say anything? Let them slip now and they'll continue developing the habit. Then they'll turn into the 20-something year olds who do it without thinking twice.

Thanks for the tip! I just got back... not packed, but not super light (well, in terms of line times). X2 ended up being down the entire night (got there around 5pm). Tatsu was a 30 minute want around 9:30pm. Scream of course had zero line. Lex Luthor was about 20 minutes. Goliath was 30 minutes. Skipped Tatsu the first time we walked by it (around 5:30pm) since the line was about 90 minutes. And skipped Apocalypse since the line was 2 HOURS (yup!). But you were right, steady day, not busy nor light. The scare zones were REALLY weak though... maybe because it's a Sunday and they have less monsters out? Other than that, not a bad day. The swaying at the top of Lex Luthor from the windy night were pretty crazy

X2 was running fine Friday and Saturday. It was running until about 2:15 on Sunday, and then something happened. We noticed one of the trains on the blocks before the station and a mechanic was looking at it. When we left at night, the train was still sitting there. I wondered if something happened to the train, but if that was the case, wouldn't they just go down to one train operation?

I don't understand how expecting someone old enough to go around (mostly) unsupervised in a theme park to abide by the posted rules (as well as behaving like a decent human being) is "picking on" them. It's not. SMH

I don't understand how expecting someone old enough to go around (mostly) unsupervised in a theme park to abide by the posted rules (as well as behaving like a decent human being) is "picking on" them. It's not. SMH

I agree that following rules is expected amongst parkgoers of every age. The appropriate way, IMO, to handle things like that would be to simply say "hey guys, youre not supposed to skip the line" or "you cant hold places in line" or whatever. Not be a bully who's significantly older than a fee Boys and Girls Club kids and make a scene loud enough to be overheard by an employee. Theres always a right or wrong way to enforce the rules and this was a pretty pathetic way to go about doing so if you ask me. But hey, if calling kids out is your thing, Im not going to stop you.

I agree that following rules is expected amongst parkgoers of every age. The appropriate way, IMO, to handle things like that would be to simply say "hey guys, youre not supposed to skip the line" or "you cant hold places in line" or whatever. Not be a bully who's significantly older than a fee Boys and Girls Club kids and make a scene loud enough to be overheard by an employee. Theres always a right or wrong way to enforce the rules and this was a pretty pathetic way to go about doing so if you ask me. But hey, if calling kids out is your thing, Im not going to stop you.

Ahh, see the difference is in the details. The way I read the story, the employee was a Boys and Girls club chaperone, not a SFMM staff.

Besides that, you and I are interpreting his "calling out" differently. If he was getting aggressively loud, abusive, etc, yea, he's being uncool, and shouldn't be. But, IMO, a loud "Hey, no cutting in line!" is not inappropriate.

Either way, neither of us were there, and so further debate about whether he used the appropriate the level of aggressiveness confronting the kids in question is time wasted.

Telling kids to not cut in line might disappoint them now, so I can see how easy it is to just let them get away with it. But you're doing them a huge favor by telling them to not disrespect park policies. Kids can't just go around thinking they can get away with being jerks. Think of all the possible things that could lead up to in their future.