TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Is Tatsu's pretzel loop very scary? I do not know if I want to ride it.

If your signature is correct in that you have been on Leviathan, then the pretzel loop will be nothing. I wouldn't even say it's scary to begin with, but a 300 foot drop is much more scary than anything on Tatsu.

^I've also ridden coasters at this park alongside a ride op, what's so bad about that?

I don't care if the ride op's ride. But when they do it just to make sure Green Lantern doesn't spin anymore that's where theres a issue. I know SFMM ordered the ride op's to counter-balence the cars so it doesn't spin about 20 seconds after it opened or so. But I still think it's bullshit to operate a ZacSpin so that it doesn't well, spin.

It might be a decent pelvic bone buster, but I don't think thats worth the wait.

Riding with the other side of the car empty will not deliver an enjoyable experience.

Says you. My best rides have been with the other side of the car empty.

Okay, Is it just me or has the rides at the park been experiencing tech difficulties WAY more than usual. I have been there twice in the last week and a half.

Goliath is breaking down constantly.------Superman is a mess.----Tatsu got stuck on the chain lift three times in one circuit. The SAME RIDERS!----Yolo transferred a train off after cycling it empty.

And well, Apocalypse.

WHAT THE HELL!!!???!!!??

On a better note, X2 has been extremely smooth and forceful recently. If you have the chance, go ride it asap.

Okay, Is it just me or has the rides at the park been experiencing tech difficulties WAY more than usual. I have been there twice in the last week and a half.

Goliath is breaking down constantly.------Superman is a mess.----Tatsu got stuck on the chain lift three times in one circuit. The SAME RIDERS!----Yolo transferred a train off after cycling it empty.

And well, Apocalypse.

WHAT THE HELL!!!???!!!??

On a better note, X2 has been extremely smooth and forceful recently. If you have the chance, go ride it asap.

There's your problem

And well, Apocalypse.

WHAT THE HELL!!!???!!!??

1. How is Superman "a mess"?

2. Is it possible that is is not unusual and that these are just things you noticed more because you were looking for things like this to happen?

3. Park could have been having a bad day.

Hey guys,

Me and several friends purchased season passes during the Labor Day sale with the free GOLD upgrade. We went to the park yesterday and processed our print at home season passes at the turnstile. During this time our fingerprints were scanned and we were given cards with our names written on the back.

The question I have here is were the GOLD upgrade benefits added to the card during this process or were there more steps required? Main reason I ask is because after looking at the print out that I brought, it says to "present this voucher at the processing center along with the processed pass to add GOLD benefits to your pass." I don't remember seeing a processing center, so I'm curious if we screwed up somehow on not getting our GOLD benefits added. I registered my season pass online just now for the eCoupons and my pass type is listed as Combo Season Pass.

I did the same thing. I got Gold Pass from the sale, redeemed at the gate; and forgot to take it to the processing center and forgot to get the gold benefits. So I emailed Six Flags and this is what they had to say:

"

Subject: Question About Season Passes

I went and processed my season pass but forgot to take my voucher to the Processing Center to add Gold benefits to my pass that I received during a sale. I log into my pass benefits and it shows "combo pass" instead of "gold pass". My pass number is REMOVED and the Plu # 10024057 is to add the gold benefits. Is there anything that can be done?"

"Hello Jason,

Thank you for contacting Six Flags Magic Mountain. Our records indicate that this is a gold pass and that it includes parking. The combo listing on the website is a typo. All gold passes appear as combo passes.

Thank you again for contacting us and have a Six Flags day!

Sincerely,

Aura

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Guest Relations"

when i recently did my membership, i asked the same question at the gate because someone had said you needed to go to the processing center. he said, no, it's all on there for mine since it was all on one bar code. just to be sure, i just used the new pass for parking and it worked fine. i've also checked the pass online at the passholder website. rewards.sixflags.com

not at all, imo. although i do worry about my head on the way down. lol

for me, if anything is scary at all, it's the going up the lift hill looking down.

If your signature is correct in that you have been on Leviathan, then the pretzel loop will be nothing. I wouldn't even say it's scary to begin with, but a 300 foot drop is much more scary than anything on Tatsu.

Not necessarily. That pretzle loop is pretty thrilling. Its one of those elements that consistantly catches me every time.

Does anyone have a guess if Magic Mountain is busy this evening? It's Sunday, but at the same time it's Fright Fest month... trying to debate if I should go or not....? Won't be there for the mazes, just for the scare zones and rides. #my1stpost

^A 300 ft drop might look more intimidating, but the pretzel is a more intense element. I would like to know how many Gs those usually pull. Does anyone know?

I think I remember reading that Tatsu's Pretzel Loop pulls 4.5Gs at the bottom

^A 300 ft drop might look more intimidating, but the pretzel is a more intense element. I would like to know how many Gs those usually pull. Does anyone know?

It is not about the G's, for me it is about diving upside down in that pretzel loop.

Many have talked about TC and how many trains will be used- From my view i have always thought that the dueling would require 4 trains.. From the POV - seems that with 3 trains it will NEVER duel. The timing does not work - when you watch the POV- its 40 seconds from dispatch to the lift… that does not include the time for the train to exit the station. From the base of the lift to the start of the green track its about 1 min 20 seconds. If you subtract the 45 seconds it takes for the train to reach the lift - and subtract another 40 seconds for the same train to go from the breaks to the load/unload position, that leaves zero time to actually unload- load - check and dispatch. There has to be a train loading while two are on the lift and one on the breaks -

With 3 trains it gets even more complicated - from how i calculate it - there would be a one train at the start of the lift- the second train would be over the second lift and third would be in the station - ( thus not alined to duel with 3) I don't even see where it might sometimes duel - the intervals are too tight and is not timed out with evenly spaced dispatches..

To me personally its more scary then Lex Luthor's drop of doom, but less scary then goliath's first drop.

However the first time I ever rode on Tatsu which was also my first flyer ever, I felt very secure with the restraints. It is well worth riding at least once.

Many have talked about TC and how many trains will be used- From my view i have always thought that the dueling would require 4 trains.. From the POV - seems that with 3 trains it will NEVER duel. The timing does not work - when you watch the POV- its 40 seconds from dispatch to the lift… that does not include the time for the train to exit the station. From the base of the lift to the start of the green track its about 1 min 20 seconds. If you subtract the 45 seconds it takes for the train to reach the lift - and subtract another 40 seconds for the same train to go from the breaks to the load/unload position, that leaves zero time to actually unload- load - check and dispatch. There has to be a train loading while two are on the lift and one on the breaks -

With 3 trains it gets even more complicated - from how i calculate it - there would be a one train at the start of the lift- the second train would be over the second lift and third would be in the station - ( thus not alined to duel with 3) I don't even see where it might sometimes duel - the intervals are too tight and is not timed out with evenly spaced dispatches..

The CGI POV video's aren't likely 100% accurate simulations of anything but the rides heights and elements. Maybe it could run 4 trains but I think people have said SFMM wants one extra train so one can always be continuously maintained/repaired.

right now I'm more concerned about the general public being the lacking thing on ride dispatches. Almost every time I go to a park someone tries to leave a backpack at the station then tries to get on with said backpack or vice versa. Though I'm sure they'll have a rider check person stationed at the rides entrance.

It is not about the G's, for me it is about diving upside down in that pretzel loop.

Forget that. The dive is very fast and you're paying more attention to the Gs pushing you against the seat pretty hard. The bottom part is the most intense.

Oh, thanks. It's interesting how even though we tolerate a lot more Gs in that position 4.5 feels more intense than when you're sitting straight.

Does anyone have a guess if Magic Mountain is busy this evening? It's Sunday, but at the same time it's Fright Fest month... trying to debate if I should go or not....? Won't be there for the mazes, just for the scare zones and rides. #my1stpost

Just got home from SFMM and pretty good sized crowd but lots of family's with little kids. I would guess most of those family's wont be staying for FF but might just be there to Trick or Treat in Bugs world with Bugs and Daffy, which concludes at about 4pm. If your not going for the mazes then the park should be doable as it is a school night. The wind was up this morning and not sure if it limited any rides from opening but the wind has since died down. I'm going to head back to SFMM around 8pm and do the 3 mazes up front, Toyz, Reds, and 666 then funnel cake and close out the night at the Golden Bear with Suzy Haner. Hunt me down if you make it by.

Just got home from SFMM and pretty good sized crowd but lots of family's with little kids. I would guess most of those family's wont be staying for FF but might just be there to Trick or Treat in Bugs world with Bugs and Daffy, which concludes at about 4pm. If your not going for the mazes then the park should be doable as it is a school night. The wind was up this morning and not sure if it limited any rides from opening but the wind has since died down. I'm going to head back to SFMM around 8pm and do the 3 mazes up front, Toyz, Reds, and 666 then funnel cake and close out the night at the Golden Bear with Suzy Haner. Hunt me down if you make it by.

Are the lines long for X2 and Tatsu? Trying to gauge the average wait time. Last time I was there on a Saturday (2 weekends ago).... they were 90-120 minute waits each!!! :/

Are the lines long for X2 and Tatsu? Trying to gauge the average wait time. Last time I was there on a Saturday (2 weekends ago).... they were 90-120 minute waits each!!! :/

Tatsu was about a 1 hr wait quite some time ago, Cant recall if I even saw X2 running not sure if it was. No waiting for Orient or Grand Carousal.

it's been a pretty steady day. Not dead but not crazy busy by any means, especially not compared to yesterday. Most of my rides were near walks-ons. I did have to wait a bit for Goliath and obviously Yolo had its typical 45+ minute line. At 2:20 we were on the bridge to X2 when they announced that it was broken down and were unsure how long it would be. We saw people leaving the line and an attendant did not let people enter the line. We went to have lunch instead and will be heading back to the park in a bit.

Tatsu started running two trains last night and ran two this morning as well. Apocalypse and Ninja are running one. Scream had two yesterday but only one when I rode this morning.

Viper's dispatches were great with no stacking.

The scariest part of Tatsu is being left hanging at the brakes because of slow operations...so uncomfortable.

I kind of fold my arms on the inside of the grip restraints (so they're just resting on the restraints instead of hanging) and I find it much less uncomfortable that way.