TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I came to the park around 7:45PM tonight. We started at X2. Waited about 20 or so minutes. We got a front row ride which was AWESOME. One of the best rides I've had on X2. They didn't have the fire effects or the music going. They did have some odd talking/audio going on but I couldn't grasp what it was. The train we were about to get on was sent out empty because apparently somebody puked.

Next we went down to Yolo. We waited about 45 minutes. A little bit before we got to the station part of the queue, they started sending one of the two trains out empty. After about 10 minutes of this, they announced that the ride was experiencing a "delay" and were not sure how long it would take. I noticed they took the train they'd been sending out empty off the circuit and onto the transfer track. Shortly after, they announced it was back up and running with only one train. I saw a couple mechanics looking at the wheel mechanisms on the third car. As usual, it was an amazing ride. It was tough to see from the tears that were forming in my eyes from the speed.

Next we walked down to Goliath, assuming it was going to be a walk-on. Boy was I wrong. We waited a good 45-50 minutes in line for a ride. We decided to wait for the front car seeing as it wasn't much longer than the rest of the rows. I tend not to think too much of Goliath, but at night when the lights are all off, this ride is amazing! One of my best rides.

On my last two visits, Lex Luthor had been closed for one reason or another, so we decided that would be our next ride, and our first time riding it. That height is INSANE. I was fortunate not to experience the tower shaking as Superman shot up...I don't think I was ready for that just yet. Great first experience. We rode the side facing Scream/Batman.

My friend wanted to ride a few more "mellow" rides, so we took a ride on Buccaneer. Then we walked down and took a ride on the carousel.

Since Revolution was a skip away, we hit that up too. Let me just say, those of you who think removing the OTSR's would solve that rides problems are crazy. Everything about those trains is awful. The restraints for one, there's almost NO knee space (I'm 6' tall), there's no head padding, there's no seat padding (I could feel the metal digging into my back). No part of that ride is enjoyable anymore, at least not with the current trains. Such a shame.

We wanted to find some food to eat, but it was nearing midnight, so we rode Orient Express to the top of the mountain and began walking down the stairs toward Tatsu, hoping to find some food, but everything had closed by then. We saw the line for Tatsu wasn't too long and figured we would just ride it. When we approached the line though, we were informed (by both a sign and an attendant) that the ride was only running one train and that the wait would be about an hour. We decided we would skip it until later this weekend.

At this point we just decided we'd leave for the night. All in all, we spent a good 5 hours at the park and had a blast. I didn't notice anything about any of the coasters in the back of the park as I didn't go any further back than Lex Luthor. It was way too dark and foggy to get any photos of TC. I'll be at the park tomorrow and Sunday so I'll take note and potentially take a few photos.

Wikipedia entry : Giovanola filed for bankruptcy protection in 2001 after the completion of Titan at Six Flags Over Texas and left the roller coaster building business. The company went completely bankrupt in 2004.

Wikipedia entry : Giovanola filed for bankruptcy protection in 2001 after the completion of Titan at Six Flags Over Texas and left the roller coaster building business. The company went completely bankrupt in 2004.

I am surprised that they went bankrupt, I thought they were as good as B & M.

Hey guys,

Me and several friends purchased season passes during the Labor Day sale with the free GOLD upgrade. We went to the park yesterday and processed our print at home season passes at the turnstile. During this time our fingerprints were scanned and we were given cards with our names written on the back.

The question I have here is were the GOLD upgrade benefits added to the card during this process or were there more steps required? Main reason I ask is because after looking at the print out that I brought, it says to "present this voucher at the processing center along with the processed pass to add GOLD benefits to your pass." I don't remember seeing a processing center, so I'm curious if we screwed up somehow on not getting our GOLD benefits added. I registered my season pass online just now for the eCoupons and my pass type is listed as Combo Season Pass.

The line cutting is ridiculous. In in line for X2 and we constantly see people saving spots for friends or having them use the flash pass line. I'm so annoyed. My friend even stopped someone and told them they couldn't go ahead of us, but he just went under the switchbacks and cut anyways.

EDIT: on the positive side X2 team is doing an awesome job with dispatches. One train was out before the second one returned. Second time I noticed minimal stacking.

Hey guys,

Me and several friends purchased season passes during the Labor Day sale with the free GOLD upgrade. We went to the park yesterday and processed our print at home season passes at the turnstile. During this time our fingerprints were scanned and we were given cards with our names written on the back.

The question I have here is were the GOLD upgrade benefits added to the card during this process or were there more steps required? Main reason I ask is because after looking at the print out that I brought, it says to "present this voucher at the processing center along with the processed pass to add GOLD benefits to your pass." I don't remember seeing a processing center, so I'm curious if we screwed up somehow on not getting our GOLD benefits added. I registered my season pass online just now for the eCoupons and my pass type is listed as Combo Season Pass.

They are moving the season pass processing to the turn stiles itself since they are doing the finger print method now.

If you are concerned about it, I would just print the things again and keep them in your wallet to prove they are gold passes. My issues with passes this year was they forgot to scan my dining pass so my first and second visit didn't have it show up. But the season pass and free upgrades were all printed onto a single paper.

^I've also ridden coasters at this park alongside a ride op, what's so bad about that?

I don't care if the ride op's ride. But when they do it just to make sure Green Lantern doesn't spin anymore that's where theres a issue. I know SFMM ordered the ride op's to counter-balence the cars so it doesn't spin about 20 seconds after it opened or so. But I still think it's bullshit to operate a ZacSpin so that it doesn't well, spin.

It might be a decent pelvic bone buster, but I don't think thats worth the wait.

The line cutting is ridiculous. In in line for X2 and we constantly see people saving spots for friends or having them use the flash pass line. I'm so annoyed. My friend even stopped someone and told them they couldn't go ahead of us, but he just went under the switchbacks and cut anyways.

This has been my experience every time at SFMM. It's far worse here than any other park I have ever been.

^I've also ridden coasters at this park alongside a ride op, what's so bad about that?

I don't care if the ride op's ride. But when they do it just to make sure Green Lantern doesn't spin anymore that's where theres a issue. I know SFMM ordered the ride op's to counter-balence the cars so it doesn't spin about 20 seconds after it opened or so. But I still think it's bullshit to operate a ZacSpin so that it doesn't well, spin.

It might be a decent pelvic bone buster, but I don't think thats worth the wait.

Riding with the other side of the car empty will not deliver an enjoyable experience.

Heaven forbid the ride operators actually do their job. As a matter of fact, I respect the fact they had a ride operator ride instead making you wait for another guest. You don't read about SFMM ride operators actually trying to provide good serve that often!

Another thing I noticed today was that when full throttle had a longer line, they started issuing slips to make sure line cutting Did not occur. When it came to us handing our passes, my friend joked that he didn't have one. The ticket collector said "it's okay." My friend still have him his ticket, but what's the point of using these if they don't even implement them. Even if it's just to scare people in like from preventing them from like cutting, it seems silly by the enforce it. What's then to stop someone from line cutting after that instance, knowing they'd get away with it.

Another thing I noticed today was that when YOLOcoaster had a longer line, they started issuing slips to make sure line cutting Did not occur. When it came to us handing our passes, my friend joked that he didn't have one. The ticket collector said "it's okay." My friend still have him his ticket, but what's the point of using these if they don't even implement them. Even if it's just to scare people in like from preventing them from like cutting, it seems silly by the enforce it. What's then to stop someone from line cutting after that instance, knowing they'd get away with it.

That's weird, I saw someone get kicked out of line for not having their boarding pass and since he came with a group either he took one for the team or the whole group got out of line and sadly he did not ride. Must've been different collectors.

The line cutting is ridiculous. In in line for X2 and we constantly see people saving spots for friends or having them use the flash pass line. I'm so annoyed. My friend even stopped someone and told them they couldn't go ahead of us, but he just went under the switchbacks and cut anyways..

im not sure its actually allowed on the staff's part, but while I was in line for yolo yesterday, the ride attendant came to me and asked how many are in my party and I said I was alone. she said I could go ahead in front of everybody else. as I was trying to pass everyone (I couldn't duck under the metal railing because I was wearing a short skirt), everyone in line was calling me out on being a "line cutter", even though I was told to go ahead of everyone. is this even allowed? because I would have still waited out of respect for those in front of me because I am a very honest person, its a shame people are so judgemental these days!

Hey guys,

I did the same thing. I got Gold Pass from the sale, redeemed at the gate; and forgot to take it to the processing center and forgot to get the gold benefits. So I emailed Six Flags and this is what they had to say:

"

Subject: Question About Season Passes

I went and processed my season pass but forgot to take my voucher to the Processing Center to add Gold benefits to my pass that I received during a sale. I log into my pass benefits and it shows "combo pass" instead of "gold pass". My pass number is REMOVED and the Plu # 10024057 is to add the gold benefits. Is there anything that can be done?"

"Hello Jason,

Thank you for contacting Six Flags Magic Mountain. Our records indicate that this is a gold pass and that it includes parking. The combo listing on the website is a typo. All gold passes appear as combo passes.

Thank you again for contacting us and have a Six Flags day!

Sincerely,

Aura

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Guest Relations"