TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Headed to the park tomorrow with my son! Will be there Friday, Saturday, and for a couple hours on Sunday. Praying for light crowds (doubtful on Saturday I know).

Anyone else going to be there?

I will most definitely be there tomorrow.

im really glad they've begun fixing that hole at the top. however, so far the design isnt matching up with the original supports. maybe im just seeing things, speaking too soon, or maybe because i have the mind of a visual artist, I dont know.

I still need to get the Yolo, and Lex Luther credits. I'll probably wait until Colossus is finished to visit. But even more importantly, I need to visit Goji house again!

I need batman, viper, rev, yolo credits. I could of got the older coasters on my last trip but after Scream I wasn't feeling that good, Plus given how rough I hear viper, Rev are, I'm not sure i'd ever like em.

So I assume when TC opens I'll go to it first and then do the counter-clockwise route and end up finishing with Full Throttle. (Oh wow, word filtered.)

Uber or Lyft will be cheaper than renting a car after taxes, fees, and gas. The trip is about $60.

Now I'm second guessing myself.

Also, this may sound like a silly question, but you can get to the park without a car, correct? I mean I think it would be silly to be forced to have a car in order to enter, but when I think about it, I don't recall ever seeing people walking up the road into the park.

quick question, does SFMM use the same 2015 cups that SFDK uses?

It's a bright red compared to 2014's bright orange. Other then that they are the same from what I've seen other then color and saying 2014 and 2015 on the front.

Yes, the cups are chain wide. They came out with the 2015 cups super early this year! Usually they aren't out until mid-November!

Uber or Lyft will be cheaper than renting a car after taxes, fees, and gas. The trip is about $60.

Also, this may sound like a silly question, but you can get to the park without a car, correct? I mean I think it would be silly to be forced to have a car in order to enter, but when I think about it, I don't recall ever seeing people walking up the road into the park.

You absolutely do not need a car to enter the park . There's even a little drop off area if you want someone to give you a ride to the park without needing to pay the parking fee

And I actually have seen people walk up the road to get to the park lol

^Well, the parking prices are pretty high...get a workout and save some cash...until the owner of the lot you parked in has your car towed (which does happen at the hotel and sometimes the restaurants from what I hear).

quick question, does SFMM use the same 2015 cups that SFDK uses?

It's a bright red compared to 2014's bright orange. Other then that they are the same from what I've seen other then color and saying 2014 and 2015 on the front.

Yes, the cups are chain wide. They came out with the 2015 cups super early this year! Usually they aren't out until mid-November!

Sweet, that's what I figured but just wanted to make sure.

^Do you enjoy being bored senseless?

I love both Tatsu and Manta, but if I had to pick one I would have to say Manta. I love the low to the ground flying maneuvers and the multiple near misses along the ride. The setting for Manta is gorgeous too, although Tatsu being built on top of a mountain is definitely unique.

How close are you staying? I see the people walking up and down that hill to get into the park and feel bad for them. I don't mind a walk for exercise (I walk my dog a couple of miles each morning) but the walking at Magic Mountain involves a lot of hills. I'd recommend renting a car if it's close to the taxi/Uber costs.

Did you get a gold pass by chance? That includes parking.

How close are you staying? I see the people walking up and down that hill to get into the park and feel bad for them. I don't mind a walk for exercise (I walk my dog a couple of miles each morning) but the walking at Magic Mountain involves a lot of hills. I'd recommend renting a car if it's close to the taxi/Uber costs.

Did you get a gold pass by chance? That includes parking.

The most ironic thing about this trip is that, yes, we did get gold passes but we did not come with a car. We ubered from Burbank Airport to our hotel. We're staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, and we can see the park from the windows here.

Now our biggest struggle is choosing if we want take-out from Marie Callender's or walking to Wendy's.

We're probably going to hit up the park in a few hours and get the passes processed, then maybe ride a few rides, then spend all day Saturday and Sunday there. I'll be sure to take a few photos of TC, but probably wont focus on photos that much.

^Do you enjoy being bored senseless?

I love both Tatsu and Manta, but if I had to pick one I would have to say Manta. I love the low to the ground flying maneuvers and the multiple near misses along the ride. The setting for Manta is gorgeous too, although Tatsu being built on top of a mountain is definitely unique.

I Agree, I really like the station for Manta and especially the aquarium but for the ride experience I would pick Tatsu especially with it's huge pretzel loop.

Mini update on Twisted Colossus

I went SFMM to day it was interesting day, I walk a pass a guy have a clipboard on him. On chipboard sketches of buildings on it and tape measure on belt and very big camera on him. I saw him at Katy's kettle do measures on outside building.

POV Video:

045.thumb.JPG.8a6ee98402663fd7297a357311caa0d7.JPG

Top lift hill almost done :)

041.thumb.JPG.219f25ccbaa0c9a743b31b33d80af08d.JPG

006.thumb.JPG.980402620645bcacdeb8c53e06a556d8.JPG

003.thumb.JPG.2434681a6535fe0e2d771b1203707378.JPG

Transfer track get ready put up.

010.thumb.JPG.ad11b65b9b0c86b9eb0851d432037f74.JPG

Alignment track make sure down to specs.

015.thumb.JPG.5210ac0a2bec7b634f756774bca6f70a.JPG

Yolo

028.thumb.JPG.8d6491304396103461cbc4d08593143d.JPG

Green Lantern First Flight. Try ride by myself early in the morning but ride operator not let me so ride operator ride with me make balance :(

Edited by robbalvey

Mini update on Twisted Colossus

I went SFMM to day it was interesting day, I walk a pass a guy have a clipboard on him. On chipboard sketches of buildings on it and tape measure on belt and very big camera on him. I saw him at Katy's kettle do measures on outside building.

Great report! But what about the TC train situation. Hmm. Park is planning to purchase 4 Morgan trains, right? They really should think about getting that 5th train, as one train will be continuously out of service for maintenance. Then there will be a 2 x 2 duel instead of one miserable train not dueling with anybody.