TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

This amused me greatly:

thumb_img_20141017_115515.jpg

I would have loved to have been around when this idea was thought up. I'm sure the conversation about it was amazing.

dt

I just noticed he also put duct tape on his nose. I think it's safe to say he had duct tape on the other side of his head as well. Lol oh man...

^^^ To that I have always suggested, why not hire a visual artist who paints

scenic, optical illusions on the flat ground, to do the whole lot under Scream.

That would be amazing, IMhO.

I think an optical illusion like that would be cool near the entrance of TC. Haha

I just noticed he also put duct tape on his nose. I think it's safe to say he had duct tape on the other side of his head as well. Lol oh man...

I get the guy wan'ts to wear glasses on the ride to probably actually see and not have shit be blurry for him, but in that case just get contacts. I know i'd rather be "blind" on a ride then have my glasses fall off or shove contacts atop of my eyes so I just pocket my glasses about 2-3 mins before my boarding.

I get the guy wan'ts to wear glasses on the ride to probably actually see and not have poo-poo be blurry for him, but in that case just get contacts. I know i'd rather be "blind" on a ride then have my glasses fall off or shove contacts atop of my eyes so I just pocket my glasses about 2-3 mins before my boarding.

To his credit, duct taping your glasses on actually isn't a bad idea but I would at least make it look nicer.

When I purchased the gold passes I also bought the "Season Pass Digital Photo Uploads" plan. I wasn't sure if that would be worth it or not but decided to give it a shot. I was a little bummed after I purchased it because I thought it was only for the 2014 season. But once I got it at the park I saw that it was good for 2015, too. It was $34.99. We got our photos taken twice in the park and I also purchased the YOLOcoaster coaster photo. So I spent $6 on adding my photos. So it wasn't that great of a value, but, since I can use it next year it may work out to be a good value. We will bring our son with us next year, he'll be 11, but he still won't ride most of the rides.

I have the season pass usb, that i was told they won't have in 2015. i hope that's not true. i believe it was 24.95 or 29.95 and then only $1 per photo. I buy pretty much every photo. Front gate, character, ride photos, at all six flag parks. but even at $2 a photo, it's a good deal. i believe the next best would be the all day email photo pass at some of the cedar fair parks. but it's only one day and about $30. what does suck is how magic mountain has taken out ride photos on a lot of rides.

slightly off-topic, but I am curious if SFMM will ever change Riddler's Revenge to a sit down format similar to Mantis->>Rougarou..?

I think Riddler's Revenge is the best stand up coaster in the world, keeping it as it is and let Scream get all rusty and forgotten is better. The world needs at least one decent stand up coaster.

This is basically the difference. MM already has a B&M floorless sit down, and seeing as RR is actually more popular than Scream, it would make no sense at all to turn RR into another floorless. If in the future Scream is removed for whatever reason, then I could see the possibility of converting RR.

-I did Tatsu, the line was so short! Just a 5 minute wait! Loved it.

-I did X2, another short wait, about 5 minutes! Loved it, such a fun ride! I rode next to a guy who was riding for the first time which made it fun, too. No fire effect.

See what happens when you come on an off day? See??

They did. they hired a dude who painstakingly painted what appears to be a parking lot on the ground below it. See above picture. You think just anyone with a can of spray paint can do that kind of work? You would need the talent and mechanical engineering of DaVinci.

They did. they hired a dude who painstakingly painted what appears to be a parking lot on the ground below it. See above picture. You think just anyone with a can of spray paint can do that kind of work? You would need the talent and mechanical engineering of DaVinci.

When I purchased the gold passes I also bought the "Season Pass Digital Photo Uploads" plan...

I have the season pass usb, that i was told they won't have in 2015. i hope that's not true. i believe it was 24.95 or 29.95 and then only $1 per photo. I buy pretty much every photo. Front gate, character, ride photos, at all six flag parks. but even at $2 a photo, it's a good deal. i believe the next best would be the all day email photo pass at some of the cedar fair parks. but it's only one day and about $30. what does suck is how magic mountain has taken out ride photos on a lot of rides.

Instead of the USB it's a card they scan. I'm glad it's good through next year because the next time we visit I'll bring my son and hopefully get some pics with the characters. I also like to buy all the photos in the park but in the digital age I don't need all the prints, so I think this will end up being a good value.

We got the Disney Photo Pass last December when we visited Disneyland and the photos came out so good. I love having the ride photos! It is $79.99 pre-purchased and you get any picture they take in the park: the rides, characters, meals, etc. but it's only good for 14 days in the park.

Hey guys!

So, I'm going to SFMM on Sunday, November 2nd and I wanted to know if the park will be packed being that it's just one day after the end of the Fright Fest.

Would it be a good idea to buy the Flash Pass?

And in case the park's very packed, which coasters do you recommend going to first?

Thank you so much for your help, I've been waiting for this day for 11 years!

So, I'm going to SFMM on Sunday, November 2nd and I wanted to know if the park will be packed being that it's just one day after the end of the Fright Fest.

Get to the park early: that means driving into the park no later than 9:50 AM. You'll park close to the gate. If you're going with a friend, consider buying two gold passes online: this way, you'll save $20 ($10 each) on the price of parking and get in ~10 minutes early via GP VIP.

Wait in the gold pass area (red gates, far right) no later than 10 AM. Fast feet? Head to YOLOCoaster first. Click on my siggy for details.

Flash pass not recommended.

Hey guys!

And in case the park's very packed, which coasters do you recommend going to first?

Thank you so much for your help, I've been waiting for this day for 11 years!

If you have been waiting for 11 years, I would recommend the Flash Pass to make sure you get all the credits. You can never trust SFMM's operations, so even though it probably won't be super crowded, there is the possibility of 1 train on coasters.

Hey guys!

I don't think it will be overly crowded for the rides ... but .... there is a Cheer Squad qualifier for a thing called JAMZ and I think they come to park earlier then the sun coming up so perhaps the parking lot might be a little busy and being there at 9:50 wont get you front row but should still be good. IT should not be to crowded and most the cheer squads will be focused by the cheer moms on their performances.

Correct me if I am wrong, but outlaw runs trains were changed from a shin bar to a more comfortable looking shin holder.

In the promo for TC, it shows the uncomfortable looking bar, but do you think they will go with the newer ones?

I have not experienced either so forgive my possible poor judgement.

Correct me if I am wrong, but outlaw runs trains were changed from a shin bar to a more comfortable looking shin holder.

In the promo for TC, it shows the uncomfortable looking bar, but do you think they will go with the newer ones?

I have not experienced either so forgive my possible poor judgement.

I think it's 50/50 on which ones are used on the trains. I feel it has more to do with the individual ride and the forces it exerts on the riders. Hopefully we get some comfortable ones!I don't really care either way.

So how's TC construction? Has that torrential so.cal fall weather halted construction?