TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The second lift can't possibly be one block, because that would mean the train on the first lift hill couldn't leave the chain until the train on the second hill was completely off of it, ruining any chance at actually dueling.

If you think that's overthinking something, you must have a really basic thought process.

The second lift seems like two blocks to me and it's not impossible.

Doesn't the second lift have to be two blocks? Otherwise how could the train on lift one start the course.

Yes, the second lift will probably have an emergency block, but it could potentially be something requiring a manual reset and therefore isn't the same as a standard block. We wen't know what until more of the ride is installed, but my guess would be that there will be an emergency brake on the lower part of the second lift that could stop a train or sensors will allow the first lift to release the train as long as the second is cresting, as there won't be enough energy to reach it if the second chain stopped. Based on the way the ride operates, however, it needs five blocks outside of this to work with all four trains as there should never be a train on lift one, a train between the two lifts, and a train on lift two all at the same time. Assuming the final brake is not a block, one would be required in front of the station to allow four train operation (unless the station could hold two trains, which is doubtful).

We won't know for sure until we see this ride testing or see evidence of a second station, but I just don't think there would be enough room to accommodate a transfer and two stations based on what has been installed so far.

I'm sure the engineers have figured out how it will run. We will just have to see what it is

yeah, but who wants to wait. LOL

btw, that lucky person who screams "oh my God!" has ridden both twisted colossus and wicked cyclone. lucky! lol

oh, and i don't think they will have the dual loading station like maverick. i just see 2 blocks before the station, the station, and the one outside in the video. i am interested about the timing of the trains that's being talked about on the lifts. also, i hope that the train will rocket up as high as it shows in the video so the second lift is short. does seem like a lot of energy though.

The second lift can't possibly be one block, because that would mean the train on the first lift hill couldn't leave the chain until the train on the second hill was completely off of it, ruining any chance at actually dueling.

If you think that's overthinking something, you must have a really basic thought process.

There's absolutely no need for this speculation at this point. Any and all variables you're discussing were probably accounted for when the ride was being engineered. You can obsess about blocks when the rides closer to completion or when it's open, but at the moment it is coming off as really silly.

Well thank you very much for your input. I will be sure to take it to heart.

So about this two block lift, the way I'm picturing it in my head it's going to have to have two chains, split up somewhere after it would lose speed about halfway up.

now if there was just an obvious flat spot that would be too easy. lol

something else i'm really curious about are all the trees that have been hacked down. there are so many that have been cut. does give me hope that a lot will change and not just some new paint, reopen the ice cream/food place and a kiosk with some colossus merchandise.