TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

However, Roaring Rapids regularly seats single riders (ask), and both Superman and Goliath are known to admit single riders. Always ask.

I don't know how to get this through your head so I'm going to use giant letters in bold and hope that helps...

YOU CANNOT JUST GO UP THE EXIT OF A RIDE AND ASK TO BE SEATED TO SKIP THE LINE!!!! THAT'S INCREDIBLY RUDE AND OBNOXIOUS TO THE OTHER RIDERS!!! JUST WAIT IN LINE LIKE A NORMAL PERSON IF THERE ISN'T A SINGLE RIDER LINE!!! YOU AREN'T SPECIAL. YOU AREN'T ABOVE THE RULES. YOU AREN'T ENTITLED TO A FREE SEAT BECAUSE YOU ARE ALONE.

Quite simply:

WAIT IN THE GOD DAMN LINE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!

I don't understand why this is even a discussion. It should be simple:

Single Rider line? Use it.

No Single Ride line? Wait in the normal line.

That's it. There are no other options. No other alternatives. One of those two. Nothing else. You can't just create your own single rider line because a ride doesn't have one. That's NOT RIGHT!!! And those of you who are doing this, STOP DOING IT!!! It's totally rude and I would absolutely ban someone if I saw one of our members doing it.

Edited by robbalvey

Question for MM regulars! I read this thread frequently and I know about the single rider lines for Riddlers, Lex Luthor and Green Lantern. My question is: are there single rider lines for X2 and Tatsu? I'm going this weekend and my husband will not ride those but I will! TIA!

I would run to Tatsu first as it is only running one train and the line can be 2 hours last Friday by noon when the park wasn't that busy yet. I believe everything else had two or more trains that needed it. Also, if wasn't very busy at Scream, Batman or Riddler's Revenge on Friday and if no one is waiting for your row on the coaster you can just stay on. I got 4 rides on each without even leaving the station and having to walk around. In fact when someone was waiting for my row I just got up and switched to another so I got to ride on the front middle and back. I asked and none of the ride operators cared. You could probably stay on any other dead ride but there wasn't anything else I cared to ride twice that wasn't too busy.

That hold brake means it may run kinds like a maverick dispatch thing but instead hold after a turn.

guessing since they said they would have 4 trains and always run 3, that, that's just another block check. maybe two before the station, the station,and this one?

This is going to be great.

It's really tough for me to imagine how this ride is going feel even after having been on another RMC woodie. It's just so much more...twisty. I mean just look how much you twist on the blue track before entering the second lift hill and after the second time you do the high-five. If any other company even thought of doing this layout they'd probably be snapping people's necks!

^ I suspect the animation makes the ride seem a little faster than it actually is. Also you're probably gonna take a while to get off that first block, and those lifts might not be as fast as they are in the animation either.

Either way 4 minutes being marketed makes it sound like the full ride is going to be closer to a 3 minute experience.

Edit- straight from the article.

three-minute, 40-second journey.

So I guess it's safe to say the animation is indeed a bit sped up. Which is fine by me, the longer I'm in that zero-g stall the better.

I still just have this feeling inside me saying its never going to actually race all the time anyway. While I am very excited for this ride, I can't help but wish the park was getting something closer to the lines of Wicked Cyclone with a more simple and fuller layout. There's just something about the park always requiring their rides to have this amazing record that doesn't even matter that almost downgrades the overall ride and layout.

^ I suspect the animation makes the ride seem a little faster than it actually is. Also you're probably gonna take a while to get off that first block, and those lifts might not be as fast as they are in the animation either.

Either way 4 minutes being marketed makes it sound like the full ride is going to be closer to a 3 minute experience.

Edit- straight from the article.

three-minute, 40-second journey.

So I guess it's safe to say the animation is indeed a bit sped up. Which is fine by me, the longer I'm in that zero-g stall the better.

this clears things up a bit. I was beginning to worry for a minute. come to think of it, the whole thing does seem a little faster than TC is expected to be. still can not wait tho!

edit: although I am anxious to find out what type of restraints colossus will be getting this time around.

I still just have this feeling inside me saying its never going to actually race all the time anyway. While I am very excited for this ride, I can't help but wish the park was getting something closer to the lines of Wicked Cyclone with a more simple and fuller layout. There's just something about the park always requiring their rides to have this amazing record that doesn't even matter that almost downgrades the overall ride and layout.

I totally get what you mean by a "fuller layout". Although I don't know about the ride being downgraded because of the route they chose. We'll see when it opens, but it honestly looks like the most efficient and creative design choice they could've gone with. Maybe it's exactly what the park needs.

They could've gone with the idea of making the lift structure support the new worlds tallest wooden coaster (a way to easy move to be made by SFMM), but instead they chose to be cost efficient and with that came innovation. It also retains that charm the original had.

edit: although I am anxious to find out what type of restraints colossus will be getting this time around.

i assume they will be getting the RMC trains like Goliath. very comfortable and open. restraints sort of like yolo with the ankle things, but like i said, very comfortable.

it will be cool, when it does race, and still awesome when it doesn't. if i had to choose, i still think i'd take colossus over cyclone. i like the more open and fast layout. of course i'll need to ride both to really know.

Duel station is pretty obvious now.

Um... what?

The train stops at a block right outside of the station for a while, that means the train that is shown on the video is probably the second train on the station. I'm quite sure they are using dual station like Maverick to make sure the train duels.

Edit: sorry I got confused on duel and dual.

Edit edit: now auto correct is killing me.

Edited by gerstlaueringvar

Duel station is pretty obvious now.

Um... what?

The train stops at a block right outside of the station for a while, that means the train that is shown on the video is probably the second train on the station. I'm quite sure they are using dual station like Maverick to make sure the train duels.

Edit: sorry I got confused on fuel and dual.

Nothing to be sorry about, your English still beats out my Korean 100x over.

I'm glad there's a POV out since it pretty much answers all the things debated in this thread for pages and pages about the ride (one track or two, station location, pre-lift, how the trains will by synced, etc.). Plus, it is nice to see what the ride will be like, even though most of it was shown through brief clips in the original video.

Duel station is pretty obvious now. Then choose the side you like more to decide which side you would like to duel with.

Not going to say it definitely won't happen, but based on construction pictures and the old station I'm 90% sure this won't be the case. The ride needs five blocks to operate with four trains, and since the brake run is at such a steep slope I'm guessing they decided to use a pre-lift block and only use the transfer as a block before the station (same setup as Goliath). Besides, the stop could be used to help with lift hill syncing and if the park only intends to use three trains in normal operation a double station would not be beneficial.

I'm glad there's a POV out since it pretty much answers all the things debated in this thread for pages and pages about the ride (one track or two, station location, pre-lift, how the trains will by synced, etc.). Plus, it is nice to see what the ride will be like, even though most of it was shown through brief clips in the original video.

Duel station is pretty obvious now. Then choose the side you like more to decide which side you would like to duel with.

Not going to say it definitely won't happen, but based on construction pictures and the old station I'm 90% sure this won't be the case. The ride needs five blocks to operate with four trains, and since the brake run is at such a steep slope I'm guessing they decided to use a pre-lift block and only use the transfer as a block before the station (same setup as Goliath). Besides, the stop could be used to help with lift hill syncing and if the park only intends to use three trains in normal operation a double station would not be beneficial.

The second lift seems like two blocks to me and it's not impossible.