TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Toys of Terror rehab was amazing as well, the 3D really worked and reminded me of HHN's House of 1000 Corpses' 3D effects.

I would respectfully disagree about that. Toyz was 90% neon airbrush painted walls that barely popped with the glasses. I kind of laughed at that being "upgraded." House of a 1000 corpses was probably the best use of 3D in any haunt maze because of the technique they used (and continue to use, though Alice and Clowns didn't do as good of a job).

I didn't like how it was used in Clowns but I did think Toys was good... The only thing I will laugh at is the fact that most of the scenes stayed the same which wasn't much of an "upgrade" but there were some new scenes.

I really wish Magic Mountain would be better with social media. Especially when it comes to construction updates for new coasters, etc. You know, something like Cedar Point, or even SFGA was great with the Goliath insider. Even just a few pics on Twitter or Facebook would be nice.

I really wish Magic Mountain would be better with social media. Especially when it comes to construction updates for new coasters, etc. You know, something like Cedar Point, or even SFGA was great with the Goliath insider. Even just a few pics on Twitter or Facebook would be nice.

I know, I'm seeing all the updates for Cyclone being posted and wish we got one for TC.

Other than Sunday, what is a better night to go to Fright Fest in terms of crowds: Friday or Saturday?

Friday. Hands down. Friday's are almost as empty as Sunday's.

No matter what time of year at what park in what city, Saturdays are always always the busiest day of the week.

Those aren't the actual colors, the contrast is turned way up on the image, same as an old one. I don't think I will ever understand the reason for doing so.

What?

It's like an old timey filter that you overlay in photoshop. Those arn't the real colors. They have been inhanced in post. The real colors are much more muted than that.

^Actually, YOLOcoaster was marketed with airtime. They were selling the fact that you get airtime on the last hill. Although their actual advertising campaign should have been: "There is no actual airtime over the top of this hill. And don't get excited for the drop, either; it has brakes on it."

I don't know what you're talking about. There a big airtime moment right before you hit the brakes at the end.

Also, YOLOCoaster totally has airtime over the loop...that abruptly ends with the brake.

Exactly!

It feels short lived in general. Between Xcelerators Top hat and Yolo's, I pick Xcelerator. I pick Xcelerator all day as a ride in general.

Those aren't the actual colors, the contrast is turned way up on the image, same as an old one. I don't think I will ever understand the reason for doing so.

What?

It's like an old timey filter that you overlay in photoshop. Those arn't the real colors. They have been inhanced in post. The real colors are much more muted than that.

Ah, okay lol