TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'll be at the park on Monday and snaps some photos that aren't heavily filtered so we can get a sense of the actual colors.

If you are a season pass holder, they have a half hour ERT on Full Throttle in the morning @ 10:00.

Yeah, I cannot figure it out. I bought me and my daughter gold passes. Both signed up for newsletters. My daughter gets hers (around every week or two) and I do not. I even logged in again and opted in again. Still don't get them.

One might take the opportunity to bash Six Flags at this point, but I don't play that game.

At the park now Apocolypse just valleyed while I was on it. Thankfully the staff was on the ball and evacuated us very quickly. Some way to end my first ever visit to MM. I'll post a TR later.

Where did it get stuck? I can't think of too many places where that ride would be likely to valley given how well it tends to maintain speed throughout the course. Other than the high turn after the drop and the turn onto the brakes you're probably moving 30+ MPH the whole time.

Edited by rcdude

A better question would be- Where the hell did it valley? That thing hauls A$$ around the course.

i'm interested in that too. i would think it would only happen from a bad wheel or something. maybe something happen to the track! have RMC just throw some topper track on it since they are there already!

A better question would be- Where the hell did it valley? That thing hauls A$$ around the course.

i'm interested in that too. i would think it would only happen from a bad wheel or something. maybe something happen to the track! have RMC just throw some topper track on it since they are there already!

To everyone asking, it did indeed valley in the turn after the first drop. I really don't know how it happened but the train didn't make it up the second hill and we rocked back and forth about 10 times before coming to a stop. Thankfully where the train stopped was only about 8 feet off the ground.

That's really odd for that to happen. I personally have never heard of it happening on any of the modern GCIs as I believe most of them are designed to ever prevent that from happening under normal operations.

If it took a while for it to stop, at least that's a fairly good sign. Means nothing was stuck in the wheels, as it would of only went back and forth a couple times. Only thing I can think of is high winds, but even then, it'd have to be a combination of factors such as wind and cold temperatures. Maybe over-greased wheels with a couple other factors? Just puzzles me that this happened on a GCI with those heavy Millennium Flyers.

^Some other people in the train said they smelled "burning wood", and when I got off of the train I noticed I had some wood shavings in my lap, so perhaps some track started ripping up and slowed the train down. I really don't know. I'm just grateful it happened at a low point on the track and that the staff got us out rather quickly.

I was at the mountain today too. I got many rides on "Pocky" (I know everyone hates the abbreviation) in the morning. It was running fine. I walked by to ride more at 5:30, and was told the ride was down for the day.

Lots of work going on with TC. The blue and green track looks great! Late in the afternoon just about all the guys were working on the "trick track" near the ground. There must be some problem with it.

Also others have mentioned it, but lots of trees gone around the closed ice cream shop by the Colossus old entryway. I'm guessing it must be for the loading platform and queues. It was getting dark, but here's a picture showing some of the chopped stumps. Good riding day - 41 for me.

IMG_0416.JPG.7d2df9ef7a49f0a3a27f9c3205d63287.JPG

Tree trunk stumps... Make way for TC!

That's weird Apocalypse vallied. Was the train fully loaded? I mean any roller coaster can valley but it's usually more likely on a cold morning test run with an empty train. I've seen El Toro valley once when I was training in March but it was like 30 degrees out and Toro hates the cold. Regular wooden coasters with steel wheels on steel track are less affected by cold weather so I doubt that could have been a factor. I think this is the first I've heard of a GCI valleying.