TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The bunny hops have been installed to remind Magic Mountain guests that this is indeed a different ride than Colossus. After the 'Apocolypse is just Psyclone repainted' fiasco they had to deal with after re-branding X, they are not taking any chances.

Or, the park has nothing to do with this and it's all RMC.

Six flags has a corporate engineering department with offices on site at magic mountain. The park also has staff engineers. There is a bidding process and feedback during the whole thing. It's not a "here's the plans, do you like me y/n?"

just outta curiosity, do you guys know just what RMC is doing with the wood they are taking apart? im sure a lot of us would feel honored to own a piece....just sayin'

all i know is, there's a huge pile in the middle of the first turn around. they should try to sell some track. probably recycling all the steel though.

Fright Fest Review...

Ultimately, the event is better than the last time I visited (10+ years ago), but it is still nowhere near the level of the other major So Cal Haunts. I do like that most of their monsters are in makeup/prosthetics, which is a nice touch compared to other haunts around!

My favorite maze of the night was Willoughy's. Aside from the annoying photo op and first empty room, the rest of the maze had decent sets on par with Knott's and monsters actually into their role.

Second favorite was The Aftermath. Made great use of the Batman theater. The actor at the entrance wasn't really into her role, and the long tunnel of just black walls was a weak start, but after that it picks up. The monsters did a good job of playing their zombie role, but didn't really do any special scares.

Vault 666 had sets on par with Knott's, but the monsters were not really into it. Just popping out and screaming isn't scary.

Red's Revenge had a ghetto facade, but the rest of the maze again featured sets on par with Knotts. Again this one was ruined by monsters who were not into it.

Toys of Terror was crap. Just black light painted walls the entire maze with very few set pieces. And again monsters who just popped out and yelled.

Willoughy's Garden was also crap. Just camo netting and monsters in ghilly suits. Embarrassingly low quality for a "professional" haunt.

Chupacabra was slightly above terrible. Mostly painted walls with a few actual very basic set pieces. The scare at the end is the only highlight.

I didn't bother with blackout.

Scare zones were very devoid of energy, probably due to lack of crowds. I saw more monsters taking photos and talking to each other rather than scaring. I was bummed that Gotham City seemed to have less fog machines.

Jesus!!! I thought one of the perks of living in California was you didn't have to deal with any of those insane bugs.

Edit: Jesus fucking christ I just wiki'd tarantula hawks and they're terrifying. I'd rather be attacked by an actual tarantula.

This right here is a tarantula hawk, and they have the second most painful sting known to man. If you see one, stay away.

yeah, i've found that out since. that thing seemed about 2 inches long. just cruising around the middle of the path by Drop of Doom.

had i known, i would have stayed much farther away than about the 12" i was to take this pic.

Jesus!!! I thought one of the perks of living in California was you didn't have to deal with any of those insane bugs.

Edit: Jesus fudging christ I just wiki'd tarantula hawks and they're terrifying. I'd rather be attacked by an actual tarantula.

a nope killer is a "NOPE" itself! God/Nature is a sick bastard.