TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I am really looking forward to getting to SFMM next summer to try out Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom, YOLO Coaster, Tatsu, and of course TC. I also look forward to GL regardless of the negativity it gets. The more TC progress in construction the more excited I get for the trip!

Here's a few Colossus pics from today thanks to Jason of SoCalAdrenalineJunkies & Karen!

ByjmwexIUAAw25P.jpg:large

Woah! Looks like a LOT of work has been done on Colossus this past week!

BykSC6HCUAAhzpB.jpg:large

Here's another current shot of Colossus!

BykgyWTCcAAi-ML.jpg:large

Here's what the lift hill of Colossus looks like right now.

BykhVg9IcAAkoKx.jpg:large

Here's a look at the Twisted Colossus track coming out of the station.

BykhkDsIAAAlk3N.jpg:large

Here's an interesting piece of Colossus track installed by the station.

BykhvxoIQAEokNd.jpg:large

Another look at Colossus' lift hill.

Bykh31oIEAA8lzv.jpg:large

Lots of wood sitting out by Colossus.

IMG_1102.JPG.e2701b0b53eaa822560b215354e10c49.JPGAnd one more pic of Twisted Colossus track installed.

Please take a moment to give a LINK to So Cal Adrenaline Junkies to say THANK YOU for the photos: https://www.facebook.com/SocalAdrenalineJunkies

(And thanks to Karen as well!)

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

I was at the Mountain today. It's getting very busy. All 3 parking lots full, and filling the overflow lot.

I finally got to ride Goliath, and you can see the bunny hops and trick track from the Goliath lift hill. Can't take pictures, or I'd have them for you. This is the blue side that they're working on. That must be the second lift hill I'm guessing. Quite a bit of progress since I was there in Thursday. I guess RMC wants to get this done...

you can see the bunny hops and trick track from the Goliath lift hill.

Have they completed that trick-track piece? When I was there on Thursday, I could see the two tiny bunny hops that follow that image that Rob posted on the last page, but the next part wasn't assembled. It just looked like the beginning of a third bunny hop with the track banking to the left.

I wonder how the duel station will work. Too bad they will only run one side. How will you go twice? Is there like a switch track?

This is a joke. I am mocking the people who haven't figured it out yet.

So I want to know, how exactly do duel stations fight it out? Is it like a duel with single weapons or do they have DUAL weapons?

I wonder how the duel station will work. Too bad they will only run one side. How will you go twice? Is there like a switch track?

I ALMOST started looking for a face palm image.

Right outside the main gift shop. There will be a long line for people buying wristbands, and a very short one next to it for people exchanging the bought online printout for wristbands. Hope you guys have fun Jeremy, I'm here right now to see how the first night is going.

I'm heading out to SFMM tomorrow to check out Colossus progress, get a few rides in, and to check out Fright Fest for a few hours. I'll post any pics I get.

I'm going to Fright Fest for the whole night next Sunday October 5th, so you can expect my full write up and review with photos a few days after that. I LOVE Sunday FF, nobody ever goes!

You should probably leave the comedy writing to the professionals.

You're not funny.

I'll be visiting the park next Friday,Oct. 10. Because no one in my family, including myself, wants to go there for Fright Fest, we will be arriving at opening. How should crowds be during the day? I'm assuming light due to school/work, is this correct?

Also, any ride besides the coasters and Lex Luthor that I should make a "must-ride"?

I'll be visiting the park next Friday,Oct. 10. Because no one in my family, including myself, wants to go there for Fright Fest, we will be arriving at opening. How should crowds be during the day? I'm assuming light due to school/work, is this correct?

Also, any ride besides the coasters and Lex Luthor that I should make a "must-ride"?

There will be NOBODY there. It's literally a ghost town, and the rides won't even have lines during Fright Fest. Have fun!

And wait, there are other rides other than the coasters and LL?

I'm really excited for Twisted Colossus. I'll finally get to ride an RMC, and it seems like it'll have some pretty good airtime! This is one of the few rides I will willingly wait over an hour for. It is also one of the few rides where I will be interested in the construction updates.

Please note: Photos taken backstage without permission will be removed and the person posting them will be banned. If you are posting photos from another source, please be sure that source had permission to take these photos, and in this case, they did not. The park confirmed they were not taken from a guest area. (I'm sure you know what pics I'm talking about.)

If other sites want to jeopardize their relationship with a park to be the "first" to post a photo, they can have those bragging rights. Personally, that's not the kind of game we play and we aren't interested in that kind of stupidity.

Thanks for your understanding.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Please note: Photos taken backstage without permission will be removed and the person posting them will be banned. If you are posting photos from another source, please be sure that source had permission to take these photos, and in this case, they did not.

If other sites want to jeopardize their relationship with a park to be the "first" to post a photo, they can have those bragging rights. Personally, that's not the kind of game we play and we aren't interested in that kind of stupidity.

Thanks for your understanding.

--Robb

Sorry bout that....they popped up on my facebook and this is a quote from underneath......."Just to be clear, I did not take these photos. I’m not even at the park today" and "I was sent the following two photos anonymously today from someone at Six Flags Magic Mountain."