TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

As a 10-year-old kid, I used to love watching the Step By Step intro just for the amusement park shots. Of course those were the pre-YouTube days, when we didn't have the luxury of watching any coaster POV at a moment's notice. Coaster footage was much harder to find back then.

Side note: Patrick Duffy may have played Uncle Frank on that show, but he'll always be Bobby Ewing to me.

Didn't SFMM play around with speakers around Scream! a few years ago? What ever happened with that? I think adding some music (along with adding some detail to the parking lot theme) would enhance the experience significantly.

Heck, even hearing Darude songs playing in the queue made it more exciting.

Didn't SFMM play around with speakers around Scream! a few years ago? What ever happened with that?.

I believe the speakers around Scream were actually being used to test how well audio can be heard while riding a coaster, which was in preparation for the onboard audio being brought to X2.

SFMM doesn't need to do anything to the area around Colossus other than let me see all its glory as I park my car.

I agree, park as close as possible.

Absolutley... Although I hate parking lot coasters while riding them, being able to go stand under Kingda ka and watch it take off prior to getting in the car for the ride home is always a delight!

I figure crowds will probably be quite large, but I figure it's worth the ask. I may be out there the week before halloween, and I might have the opportunity to stay for the weekend. How many people actually go to the park on halloween itself and the sat/sun thereafter? Is it insanely crowded? If it's pretty bad, do the people going for the fright fest stuff take away from the lines for the coasters at all? Thanks.

Well Brandon JLa and freddie wong's little brother are doing i assume unoffical Rollercoaster Day 2014 on Thursday September 25th at SFMM.

They are pretty popular but they announced this at the last min too. Though their last Roller Coaster day video had a lot of people show up for the initial meet up. So, expect longer lines then if they weren't doing it.

Well Brandon JLa and freddie wong's little brother are doing i assume unoffical Rollercoaster Day 2014 on Thursday September 25th at SFMM.

They are pretty popular but they announced this at the last min too. Though their last Roller Coaster day video had a lot of people show up for the initial meet up. So, expect longer lines then if they weren't doing it.

No idea who either of those people is, but I'm planning on being there that day to take advantage of the get-a-friend-in-free thing that's part of that season pass deal. Hoping it'll be quiet, but we shall see.

No idea who either of those people is.

Are. Also they're YouTube people or something. so there's that, I guess.

I'm planning on being there that day to take advantage of the get-a-friend-in-free thing that's part of that season pass deal. Hoping it'll be quiet, but we shall see.

Hoping it'll be quiet, but we shall see.

Hoping it'll be quiet

Are.

I'm pretty sure that contemporary usage of neither is singular, so "is," despite feeling incorrect, is correct. Neither of these options is available. Neither one of those people is present etc.

You guys think it'll be busy? I'm pretty sure schools are back in session now, right? And I figured the "bring a friend" days are probably attempts to fill the place up a little more in times when they expect smaller crowds. Not a big deal if it is crowded, really.

Are.

I'm pretty sure that contemporary usage of neither is singular, so "is," despite feeling incorrect, is correct. Neither of these options is available. Neither one of those people is present etc.

You guys think it'll be busy? I'm pretty sure schools are back in session now, right? And I figured the "bring a friend" days are probably attempts to fill the place up a little more in times when they expect smaller crowds. Not a big deal if it is crowded, really.

Technically, either suggests two things. One OR another. "Are" is the correct word to use.

To answer your question, I don't think it will be as crowded. Schools are back in session and this is the slightly "slower" period right before FrightFest kicks off.

Are.

Technically, either suggests two things. One OR another. "Are" is the correct word to use.

To answer your question, I don't think it will be as crowded. Schools are back in session and this is the slightly "slower" period right before FrightFest kicks off.

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/10304/which-is-correct-neither-is-or-neither-are

And yeah, I think it'll be pretty dead. We'll see!

Are we seriously having another debate about grammar?!

I'm really excited to see this project complete. The whole mindset of the ibox track was to reduce maintenance. Well if one park that could use a product like that it's SFMM. I'll still be curious to see what if any technology is used on the lift to ensure the dualing aspect. If I had to guess, I'm sure censors will be in place to allow trains to line up. I HOPE anyway!!

I'm really excited to see this project complete. The whole mindset of the ibox track was to reduce maintenance. Well if one park that could use a product like that it's SFMM. I'll still be curious to see what if any technology is used on the lift to ensure the dualing aspect. If I had to guess, I'm sure censors will be in place to allow trains to line up. I HOPE anyway!!

Jeeez then Roar at SFDK should get RMC'ed too, once again a 2nd train was no where in sight last sunday not even on the stand-by platform thing. plus the ride is pretty rough now though I still like it in the front row.

Jeeez then Roar at SFDK should get RMC'ed too, once again a 2nd train was no where in sight last sunday not even on the stand-by platform thing. plus the ride is pretty rough now though I still like it in the front row.

Would like to see Roar at SFA RMC'ed as well. It would be interesting to see RMC take clones and make them unique to their parks. Could even create two unique names. My picks for the prefixes:

Alpha

Looping

King

Mega

I was born long before Magic Mountain existed, and colossus was the ride that caught my attention and made me want to visit. I'm very excited for this conversion.

I hope RMC does this to as many coasters as they possibly can. At the very least simply replacing a ride's track with RMC topper track will be greatly appreciated. Their are many great wooden coasters out there that newer generations are missing out on because of wear and tear.