TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I envision the queue line entrance for Twisted Colossus to be rather tame. I think the line should lead to a room where riders are greeted by a giant Buddha via special effects. Then the line goes out into a maze leading to a room where bright lights flicker fast off and on giving the illusion that people are moving about like robots. After they exit the building they wait out the rest of the line being entertained by old warner brothers cartoons on CRT displays mounted above. Of course the screens will be protected by plexiglass that are scratched up and hard to see during daylight. Old chewing gum stuck to various places will be a key feature of the line. Also, for the hot days, two water drinking fountains will be in line where people can have another place to throw/stick their gum. One fountain will have water drizzling out and the other one will shoot water at people standing 10 feet away. The line will also have mist sprays that will be so weak that a 5mph wind will blow it out towards the parking lot leaving no cooling effect for those in ine. Every 10 minutes, the cartoons will be interrupted by a Boy George video of Karma Chameleon. At the end of the line, riders will get the choice to wait for the ride to be fix, a coupon to return to the front of line later, or a coupon for 10 percent off merchandise at the Twisted Colossus gift shop.

I went down to the Mountain yesterday and took some Twisted Colossus construction pictures, along with a few around the park. First post on TPR!

IMG_1505.jpg.5532e972ef212f0342610fcd8b9da24a.jpg

This was my first view of Colossus post fire damage.

IMG_1510.jpg.6aae8d10104e51a19c246e4e22c71cc2.jpg

What's that I see over there...?

IMG_1513.jpg.0f300c58ea7886af1917e911ffbfa9d4.jpg

More RMC track. There was a bunch more under Goliath I noticed later on-ride.

IMG_1514.jpg.fbb72bab3b76fcfccd608e9b42baaadb.jpg

Looks like Goliath took a big bite out of Colossus. You can see here that the entire first drop was stripped of track.

IMG_1519.jpg.384203428acb02e3530bb12f9ac59dfa.jpg

The half bunny hop. The entire home stretch was either gone or trackless.

IMG_1520.jpg.66ec090c4a92a1874c3f059b1e4c0bab.jpg

Kind of hard to see, but there was a massive pile of blackened wood and debris in the turnaround.

IMG_1544.jpg.1e87384ce9e32b83836389dfcc218d4d.jpg

Included this photo for the sole purpose of captioning it. TAKE THE TUNNEL!

IMG_1552.thumb.jpg.e98e092ed0c6a99cb3c08aef91880d35.jpg

Apocalypse money shot. She's getting kind of rough and worn around the edges, but she's still a great ride IMO.

IMG_1579.thumb.jpg.c7aae4c55765fc014b3b8f74843de2db.jpg

Back to Colossus. Same shot as the rest of the coaster geek internet, moving on...

IMG_1581.jpg.2546896da1ea45bb0faa3078046e60bd.jpg

Colossus track through the trees.

IMG_1582.thumb.jpg.3710814de3b91e35c50405fb56ab4a0b.jpg

Station is still completely untouched, as is the other pre-lift as far as I can tell. Some keep hoping for some kind of dual station... sorry, this is SFMM we're talking about.

IMG_1584.thumb.jpg.e253585ffb88b5c18c726d7e6d052a4a.jpg

Went down to Colossus's more recently used exit to try and peek in and was greeted by this amazing wall. I guess it fits well with Scream.

IMG_1598.thumb.jpg.63c86f36d3492c01f2a89718e1915920.jpg

WTF is this? Never noticed it before, but it reminds me of the stupid backstory sign in front of Silver Bullet at KBF.

IMG_1599.thumb.jpg.d615e85c534af0b469105cc8df39a418.jpg

Swashbuckler is BLUE.

IMG_1600.thumb.jpg.3589a4abda861f334796bc1f4e9433d8.jpg

Yellow swing thingies.

IMG_1623.jpg.5b93119ff689410dfaedf2f0293808fd.jpg

One final shot of the sizable chunk missing from Colossus. Thanks for reading!

I can't wait to see how the intertwining zero g stall and zero g roll look from the parking lot in person!

I actually hope we CAN'T see it from the parking lot.

Why the hell not?

Im hoping more theming and scenery is put in place to prevent this coaster from ever again being a "parking lot coaster"

I can't wait to see how the intertwining zero g stall and zero g roll look from the parking lot in person!

Why the hell not?

Im hoping more theming and scenery is put in place to prevent this coaster from ever again being a "parking lot coaster"

Being able to see the most amazing set of elements the park has to offer from the parking lot is a big plus for the ride. Otherwise, how would the gp be excited for it? " it goes upside down now " wouldn't quite be enough as seeing the thing in action.

Plus what kind of theming and scenery could possibly be put in place their? Come on man really?

In it's early days, it was so amazing to see the trains running on Colossus, from the parking lot.

It made you all the more anxious to get in there and ride it for yourself! It helped sell the park.

From the freeway you could see the trains running. Easy to see with the white structure, too.

Why the hell not?

Being able to see the most amazing set of elements the park has to offer from the parking lot is a big plus for the ride. Otherwise, how would the gp be excited for it? " it goes upside down now " wouldn't quite be enough as seeing the thing in action.

Plus what kind of theming and scenery could possibly be put in place their? Come on man really?

You're right. This is way more attractive looking than, maybe trees? Anything other than fences and concrete?

92291_1280x720.thumb.jpg.d3ff78619b7fdf91145b0cccf36e9845.jpg

Never heard anyone defend Colossus' title as a "Parking Lot Coaster."

Ok people, I'm so sick of seeing people posting asking about dual loading stations and wether the track will be continuous here's your answer: IT WILL BE A SINGLE STATION AND SINGLE TRACKED CONTINOUS LOOP, it's simple people read the press release and look at the track that has been already placed. For them to use the other side of the station with the track already placed would be impossible now due to the curve into one side

Why the hell not?

So you want SFMM to build up a giant ugly house to enclose TC then put some special effects that wouldn't work after the opening week?

I think I see middle ground here. TC sits along the edge of the parking lot. Wonderful. Very visible and rightly so. Think how much the machine would "POP" if it sat on a bed of green. OK- I know how much water is in short supply in LA. How about some colored rocks- something. It would make a great looking coaster even more attractive- SCREAM too!

There's a difference between the placement of Colossus and the placement of Scream. Colossus is on concrete that is on the very edge of the parking lot while Scream is actually IN the parking lot. What irks me about Scream is not so much that they put it where parking used to be but that they were so incredibly lazy (or cheap) that they couldnt even paint over the parking stripes before they built the coaster. Of course theyve never painted it or really done anything at all to it since it was built either. It doesnt seem like theyve ever done anything to it not required by law.

Ok people, I'm so sick of seeing people posting asking about dual loading stations and wether the track will be continuous here's your answer: IT WILL BE A SINGLE STATION AND SINGLE TRACKED CONTINOUS LOOP, it's simple people read the press release and look at the track that has been already placed. For them to use the other side of the station with the track already placed would be impossible now due to the curve into one side

Sweet! This is sounding like the Fiesta Texas thread when everyone was saying Time Machine would be relocated there! Let's get this party started!!!!

Dude, totally gonna have a dual, side by side station.