TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I am still confused on how you stay on the same lift hill without going through the station. Does anybody know how that works?

It will be one continuous layout. Once the train completes running through the first half, it will go straight into the second lift instead of returning to the station.

I wonder when the Twisted Colossus full POV will come out...

Hopefully never. I kind of miss the days where the exact layout and ride experience were a little more of a surprise.

If you want it to be a surprise, how about you just don't watch it. A lot of us won't be getting to ride it anytime soon and would like the chance to get the best look possible at the ride.

Cant wait to see what the renderings for the station will be.

ON A SEPARATE NOTE:

Can someone please tell me what time fright fest actually starts? And all the rides are open right?

Thanks

Fright Fest starts at 7PM each night. Some of the indoor mazes may open at 6:45 or earlier, but all of the scare zones and outdoor mazes open and the event officially starts at 7PM each night. Just listen to the announcement throughout the park and that's how you'll know.

And yes all the rides are open until park closing. If you don't go on a Saturday, then Fright Fest is a very good time to hit up rides with minimal wait, as everyone is in line for a maze or in a scare zone. This is especially true on Sundays. On Satrudays, both the maze and ride lines can be 90-120 min long during Fright Fest.

Colossus is looking great. After seeing the blue I-Box track, I've got a feeling this may be the best looking RMC to date. I'm also interested to see what happens to the station building...I'm guessing it will get a remodel and they'll cover the left side loading platform for more queue space.

As for those asking for a dual station, forget about it. It's not going to happen unless SFMM decides to completely demolish the existing station building (which they almost certainly aren't doing) and the capacity increase would be negligible as we all know the park will rarely (if ever) run all four trains. Although, I will admit that one of my original ideas for the ride was to use both loading platforms and have different pre-lifts with a merge at the base of the first lift, but then would it be one credit or two?

I've got a pretty accurate NL2 recreation I've been working on but getting both the Stall/Zero-g right is proving to be a real bitch. Not to mention the custom supports I'm gonna have to make.

For the time being I sorta gave up on those and am just working on building the bridge over the turn out of the station. Much more fun.

Has anybody ever went on a Friday when the park opens during fright fest? I am not into the fright stuff, but I thought with school in session, it might be light crowds until the evening. A good chance for me to knock out some rides.

Thank you in advance for any answers to this question.

I've got a pretty accurate NL2 recreation I've been working on but getting both the Stall/Zero-g right is proving to be a real bitch. Not to mention the custom supports I'm gonna have to make.

For the time being I sorta gave up on those and am just working on building the bridge over the turn out of the station. Much more fun.

May we have a pov anytime soon?