TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

As a political crackhead, I thought this was funny.

Nevada Senator Harry Reid's YouTube channel used the same song as SFMM's Twisted Colossus video, in obvious attempt to ramp up the intensity in this riveting, engaging three and a half minute video on clean energy projects.

As a political crackhead, I thought this was funny.

Nevada Senator Harry Reid's YouTube channel used the same song as SFMM's Twisted Colossus video, in obvious attempt to ramp up the intensity in this riveting, engaging three and a half minute video on clean energy projects.

i saw another commercial, for what i can't remember, but it also used the same song. damn memory.

i wasn't paying attention to the tv, and my first thought was, oh wow, they have a tv commercial already for colossus! lol

I think that Twisted Colossus will work like this (feel free to call me an idiot if you've already heard this).

I think it will be one continuous track, but the load/unload will start on the blue side. When the blue side is finished, it will go onto the green side and duel the other train. After the train finishes on the green side, riders will get off. This is a bit loose (and probably stupid) but that's just how I think it will work.

[EDIT] Just searched through the thread. Someone explained this on announcement day. Alright, call me idiot. )

Edited by tarheel1231

ive been following this thread for a few months now in stand-by mode, but have not actually registered until now. I finally decided to join in because I was there today to update on colossus' progress....and to actually be in on the conversation once in a while. goliath was down much of the day so I didn't get a chance to ride to actually see if ANY of the track had been installed yet, but I did get these pics from the ground. even todays ride on scream didn't reveal anything much from that point of view....just that much of the old tracks are still there waiting to be removed.

tc1.png.b22f7fcec244af924a04a0fc4a78fd46.png

some of the supports are being cut away

tc2.png.4ccea275a27832b61c1bc30818ec8c41.png

more being gutted out from further down the first drop

tc3.png.c7d93e4f44e7090201e042e994bac09d.png

the only green/blue track I saw was on the ground, and none of it installed yet.

ive been following this thread for a few months now in stand-by mode, but have not actually registered until now. I finally decided to join in because I was there today to update on colossus' progress....and to actually be in on the conversation once in a while. goliath was down much of the day so I didn't get a chance to ride to actually see if ANY of the track had been installed yet, but I did get these pics from the ground. even todays ride on scream didn't reveal anything much from that point of view....just that much of the old tracks are still there waiting to be removed.

great pics! thanks!

the track is installed just out of the station and down a bit is what i saw on a couple places on facebook.

I saw a picture of a Revolution train sitting on service tracks with no OTSRs on it on Facebook. Anybody have info or even better...SPECULATION about this?

They always take the OTSRs off during train maintenance. They just happened to get a photo of the train in that state, it doesnt necessarily mean the OTSRs are being taken off permanently.

the track is installed just out of the station and down a bit is what i saw on a couple places on facebook.
Yeah and come to think of it I don't think you can get photos of this from the currently accessible areas of the park, I think you'd have to be in the Colossus station which is closed. (Trying to think, maybe you could see it from nearby but not sure) It's possible the person who got those photos got permission from the park to go in there, but I'll play it safe and not mention their name or site here just in case. Someone from here who's close by will have to go by there and see, and if you can get a photo from an accessible area, please post it.

Just to be clear, the area these photos are coming from is COMPLETELY accessible to the public. Just walk toward the entrance and make a right turn right before the wall. Follow the path all the way back and you'll get to a very peaceful little sitting area in the back by the old exit bridge.

On that fact, since I'm not able to get over to the park this weekend (next weekend for sure!), here are the photos from my good friends over at californiacoasterkings.com:

image.thumb.jpg.4aea20b7189c57e9d4d93c5b9707b617.jpg

This is the track coming out of the RIGHT station... The side that hasn't been used for a while.

image.thumb.jpg.197a6dda27b406f0e8ac63c637da8c5d.jpg

It continues around the corner to the right

image.thumb.jpg.31638d7066fa1b3c2fa918fbf1ecadeb.jpg

Beautiful!!!

image.thumb.jpg.2465f2dfa6e98559642ebfd0e1dfff7f.jpg

Looks like the bridge is staying

image.thumb.jpg.bcda37276640edfc9ff20743fe7b422f.jpg

Bunny hops please come true!!!

image.thumb.jpg.f898cdcd441992ae405ff931bd5dda74.jpg

Big I-box track

:nina:

The blue I-box track stands out really nicely, but what I can't believe is that they're moving ahead with laying track already. I mean this is SFMM right? All jokes aside, i'm super stoked for this ride.

I'm not surprised, after the debacle of last season's new rides almost all opening significantly later than their original opening date, it's not at all amazing to see that so many of the rides are already being built... Plus I'm sure RMC is wanting to get there roller coasters Bill sooner than later so that they can focus on building their new factory as well!