TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

How to make Scream a good ride:

-Replace the parking lot with synthetic grass.

-Repaint the ride black and yellow. I have a feeling it would fit nicely with the newly themed area

-Make it smoother? Idk how, but fuk it it can get way too rough.

-Add tunnels similar to the ones on Millennium Force. Optional: smoke effect in the tunnel.

Rough? Are we going on the same ride? I've never been on it when it wasn't typical B&M smooth as glass. I haven't ridden in the back in quite a few years, so that might be a little different. Also... it's funny that people are saying it's rough, considering it shares a park with VIPER and X and (formerly) PSYCLONE, which are some of the jerkiest rides I've ever been on.

I haven't been to the park but I suppose people don't compare a B&M to a rough arrow as they were never expected to be in the same league of smoothness, right?

A bit off topic, but I did compared Hair Raiser and Dragon. Dragon is much smoother. Also, CP Corkscrew is smoother than Mantis. I can brace the most massive lateral bouncing but vertical shaking is absolutely horrible.

Scream is pretty nice when I visited SFMM, it was my first forceful B&M. It wasn't as smooth as Batman or even Riddler but definitely was better than some newer B&M's. Scream in a parking lot, are they trying to remind us of the parking lot shooting?

SFStL needs a coaster......

Just saying....

Thats a nice thought, but I dont want the next Coaster at my home Park to be another hand me down! I think it would be better for SFA, or SFOT.

I think moving Scream to STL is a great idea. The likelihood of us getting a custom B&M is a big fat Zero. I would take it in a heartbeat

how about this question...Now that Cedar Point announced the sit down conversion on Mantis, if you had to choose, would you pick Riddlers or Scream as a sit down?

for me it's close. i haven't ridden Riddler in a long time. the standups just don't do much for me. but i do like the layout. but i like a zero g more, so i'd choose Scream.

would you pick Riddlers or Scream as a sit down?

Scream is a sit down.

uh yeah, thanks. which would you rather have?

Scream as is, or Riddler's converted?

I never thought there was a need for both. Stand up and sit down B&M. they're too similar. I wouldn't mind them removing one for even a small flyer like X-Flight.

how about this question...Now that Cedar Point announced the sit down conversion on Mantis, if you had to choose, would you pick Riddlers or Scream as a sit down?

for me it's close. i haven't ridden Riddler in a long time. the standups just don't do much for me. but i do like the layout. but i like a zero g more, so i'd choose Scream.

I would choose Riddler because it's by far the more forceful of the two, and it can be a little uncomfortable on the feet sometimes with all the G's.

I would choose Riddler because it's by far the more forceful of the two, and it can be a little uncomfortable on the feet sometimes with all the G's.

maybe that's just the standup aspect? If Riddler's had a zero G, for me, that would be the clear winner.

Or does it feel more forceful because you are standing instead of sitting..... hmmm

Having an awesome B&M standup converted to a sit-down with a lap bar would be awesome. There would be way more freedom. I just don't get all the hate about standups, if you ride them correctly you actually get a lot of nice zero g airtime moments more than I normally get on the B&M hypers I've been on.

Do the majority of riders on Riddler's still have no idea that it's a stand-up coaster, and attempt to sit down on those bicycle seats?

People are getting better. Each year there are less and people trying to sit of the bicycle seats, but there will always be those people.

Make Riddler Floorless, botch Scream and add more to the new "Back Alley" area. I still don't really understand the concept of "Back Alley." The alley behind my house is disgusting, and id expect no less from SFMM.
Actually, make Riddler floorless, move Scream to a park that would appreciate it more, and add a Wing Coaster.

Make Riddler Floorless, botch Scream and add more to the new "Back Alley" area. I still don't really understand the concept of "Back Alley." The alley behind my house is disgusting, and id expect no less from SFMM.
Actually, make Riddler floorless, move Scream to a park that would appreciate it more, and add a Wing Coaster.

that's what i'd do. i could do without a stand up. just a gimmick to me.

a wing would be great. fun and reliable that won't bash your head, balls or calves. lol

anyway, really twisted colossus and drop of doom and i'm pretty satisfied right there. lol

How busy will Fright Fest be on opening day sept 27??????? What time do crowds "die" down???

Regarding Scream!- I see it closing in the next couple months so they can create back alley and TC. Durning this time i bet they will give Scream! a fresh coat of paint, and color the plaza like they did with Fu1l THr0tt1E. Set out to be an amazing year for SFMM!