TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^Also remember that Viper has excellent capacity, and the dispatches always seem quick. That combined can keep lines short all day long.

True. Viper only has a line (10min+) when X2 is closed because the guests automatically get in line for the nearest attraction which is Viper.

How do you guys not love Scream? It has an amazing theme..

Ive always said its not just the lack of theming, it's not that Scream occupies land that was once a parking lot. But they didn't even take the time to paint over the parking lines, thats serious laziness. Coupled with the fact that it's never been painted since it was built and it just gives off the impression that the park doesn't care about it. It's not a bad coaster all things being equal, but it's seriously neglected and always has been. It should have been named Afterthought: The Ride.

^ Flashback, Psyclone, and Deja Vu were all coasters that necessitated removal due to condition. They didn't have a choice at all with Flashback and Psyclone, Deja Vu arguably they could have kept it but werent willing to deal with the maintenance headache. Different situations.

I would argue though that a park would only remove a ride if it necessitated removal. There are a lot of reasons why you can remove a ride, ranging from loss of profitability of the attraction, maintenance, ride rotation program, shortage of space to build a new attraction, and so on. I can't imagine that a park would take an investment the size of a roller coaster and remove it simply because they can.

^Also remember that Viper has excellent capacity, and the dispatches always seem quick. That combined can keep lines short all day long.

True. Viper only has a line (10min+) when X2 is closed because the guests automatically get in line for the nearest attraction which is Viper.

Yeah, I think Viper may be the best of those old Arrow multi-loopers. At least it never tried to beat me to death when I rode it (unlike its cousins elsewhere).

I honestly think MM has gotten lazy. Such a big difference now, then when I worked there. Traveling to other parks I see the care they have for their investments and it makes me sad to think that MM will debut a Muliti-million dollar ride and then a year or two later, it has gone to hell in a handbag!

Magic Mountain needs to take a year off for anything new and spend some of the budget on paint, tree care, landscaping, new coaster trains and theming. Those little things can make a big difference.

So listen up MM management!

Yeah, I think Viper may be the best of those old Arrow multi-loopers. At least it never tried to beat me to death when I rode it (unlike its cousins elsewhere).

I agree. Anaconda and Vortex are not pleasant but my worst experience with an Arrow multi-looper was GASM @ SFGAdv.

This little maneuver into the MCBR embedded the OTSR restraint in my jaw.

Edited by DJeXeL

Or follow in the lead of other large parks like Kings Island and Great Adventure and take several years off coaster building to fill in the rest of the park with non coaster attractions that make the all day experience better. From the looks of it, TC will make the perfect coaster to hold them over. This coaster should get a lot of attention for years.

I place Tennessee Tornado in its own category. I think it's the best Arrow ride still operating. I guess I should be a bit clearer: Viper is the best of the Arrow "Drachen Fire" type rides.

Agreed. I can still at least ride Viper and enjoy it once a visit. I usually skip other Arrows.

Ive always said its not just the lack of theming, it's not that Scream occupies land that was once a parking lot. But they didn't even take the time to paint over the parking lines, thats serious laziness. Coupled with the fact that it's never been painted since it was built and it just gives off the impression that the park doesn't care about it. It's not a bad coaster all things being equal, but it's seriously neglected and always has been. It should have been named Afterthought: The Ride.

^ Flashback, Psyclone, and Deja Vu were all coasters that necessitated removal due to condition. They didn't have a choice at all with Flashback and Psyclone, Deja Vu arguably they could have kept it but werent willing to deal with the maintenance headache. Different situations.

I was being sarcastic

I honestly think MM has gotten lazy. Such a big difference now, then when I worked there. Traveling to other parks I see the care they have for their investments and it makes me sad to think that MM will debut a Muliti-million dollar ride and then a year or two later, it has gone to hell in a handbag!

Magic Mountain needs to take a year off for anything new and spend some of the budget on paint, tree care, landscaping, new coaster trains and theming. Those little things can make a big difference.

Problems is that short term those things aren't things that can be advertised.

Problems is that short term those things aren't things that can be advertised.

It doesn't matter if they can't be advertised. Improving the quality of the park goes a long way, especially in this day and age; attendance will easily go up. It's this kind of thinking, that improving the park simply isn't worth the effort, that will get them nowhere.

Would you want to visit the restaurant with less on the menu but offers a high quality experience, or the restaurant with more on the menu but with roaches coming out of the cracks on the floor and being served week old frozen food?

Given that we're getting a new themed land with Colossus, do we reckon, or have we heard if Scream will be getting any new theming, or at least paint? SFMM seems to be pretty consistent with painting nearby rides when a new coaster débuts, after all.