TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

We call her the ice queen because she's so cool?

She's so cool, she was to cool to stop to say hi to my VIP group. Asked the tour guide if we/I'd get some meet and greet with the park's manager. She pointed out that we walked right past her.

First time I go to SFMM I got snubbed by batman (no high five). On a VIP tour get snubbed by park's president. Classic SFMM it seems.

She's so cool, she was to cool to stop to say hi to my VIP group. Asked the tour guide if we/I'd get some meet and greet with the park's manager. She pointed out that we walked right past her.

First time I go to SFMM I got snubbed by batman (no high five). On a VIP tour get snubbed by park's president. Classic SFMM it seems.

Uhm...I don't really think there is a VIP tour at ANY park that involves a meet & greet with a park president/GM.

I very much dislike SFMM, but the "ice queen" nickname is seriously one of the dumbest things that has come across this thread.

Also, Tim Burkhart is VP of Maintenance and Construction for all of Six Flags now.

Edited by Jew

Uhm...I don't really think there is a VIP tour at ANY park that involves a meet & greet with a park president/GM.

I very much dislike SFMM, but the "ice queen" nickname is seriously one of the dumbest things that has come across this thread.

Also, Tim Burkhart is VP of Maintenance and Construction for all of Six Flags now.

Can't agree more, I hate the entire ice queen nickname. I'm not sure where the reputation comes from, and the expectation that she would go around greeting every group in the park is absurd. It's like me going to McDonalds and expecting Ray Kroc (ignoring that he has been dead for like 30 years) to come sit with me and ask how my burger is.

Can't agree more, I hate the entire ice queen nickname. I'm not sure where the reputation comes from, and the expectation that she would go around greeting every group in the park is absurd. It's like me going to McDonalds and expecting Ray Kroc (ignoring that he has been dead for like 30 years) to come sit with me and ask how my burger is.

I think its mainly from comparison to the previous park president who did try and shake hands and meet with everyone. In contrast she seems standoffish but she doesn't mean to be that way. I've known people that have bumped into Bonnie at the park and she's always been very friendly and open to talking. I think maybe she just doesn't like the spotlight, some people are that way. I'd probably be the same way if I had her job.

I really wonder how much longer SFMM will keep Ninja around?

We visited the park last year for the first time in over a decade and after Tatsu, Apocalypse and Batman, Ninja was our favorite ride in the park. I love it's proximity to the trees and the water and the unique layout it has which is a breath of fresh air in a Six Flags park.

I hope Six Flags never removes this ride... but they probably will because it's Six Flags.

Hey everyone, I have embedded my NoLimits 2 re-creation of Ninja at SFMM, please enjoy!!

It is not 100% accurate, but I believe it gives a good look and feel of the real ride, transfer table, storage tracks and all!

nice job!

i actually like Ninja a decent amount. like it more than Top Gun/The Bat, Big Bad Wolf, and Iron Dragon. Mostly because of the use of the terrain. Big Bad Wolf was great cause of it's length, and I liked the final drop. The Bat is pretty intense, but I want more swing action.

Also, Ninja is great for up and coming riders with it's 42" height limit.

Hey everyone, I have embedded my NoLimits 2 re-creation of Ninja at SFMM, please enjoy!!

It is not 100% accurate, but I believe it gives a good look and feel of the real ride, transfer table, storage tracks and all!

Looks good! Where can we download track?

Looks good! Where can we download track?

I haven't made it available yet as I still want to make some changes to the track and ride itself.

I really wonder how much longer SFMM will keep Ninja around?

We visited the park last year for the first time in over a decade and after Tatsu, Apocalypse and Batman, Ninja was our favorite ride in the park. I love it's proximity to the trees and the water and the unique layout it has which is a breath of fresh air in a Six Flags park.

Totally agree; I think it's probably the best ride they have there right now as well.

Ok so I know that this is a long way out but my family is planning a trip to California in late May. We will probably go to Magic Mountain on the 26th or 27th (Tuesday or Wednesday). I think a lot of schools are out already but hopefully not. Anyway I'm hoping to ride all of the coasters (not kiddie coasters) at least once. And also try out Lex Luthor. Without a flash pass, is this idea realistic or ridiculous? 15 rides if you include Twisted Colossus which may or may not be completed by then.