Ninja derailing

Colossus fire

Cedar Point water main debacle

Skyhawk cable snap

Fire at Six Flags Mexico

Grona Lund death

and so on...

What happened at Gröna Lund?

Unless I'm mistaken, I think he meant the incident at Terra Mitica which forced all ZacSpins to be closed temporarily.

Just more bad luck for amusement parks this year:

Fire at Great America

Fires at Kings Island

Ninja derailing

Colossus fire

Cedar Point water main debacle

Skyhawk cable snap

Fire at Six Flags Mexico

Grona Lund death

and so on...

What happened at Gröna Lund?

Unless I'm mistaken, I think he meant the incident at Terra Mitica which forced all ZacSpins to be closed temporarily.

Yes you're right *fixed*

This is crazy that we were all at SFMM yesterday (well, a lot of us) and today Colossus caught on fire and the crest of lift hill burned and collapsed. I hope this doesn't strain the plans for Twisted Colossus too much. Also I'm glad that this didn't happen yesterday (although it would been interesting to watch) as construction crews don't work Sundays. I'm also glad the whole structure didn't burn down and I don't have to think about what RMC does then. Still crazy though!

Oh for crying out loud, this stuff happens, nothing is wrong with how RMC builds their coasters or deconstructs them. As long as the structure below the collapsed section is intact and safe, this really shouldn't be that big of an issue to replace, it just creates a lot more work for all those involved. I'm glad they got the fire out before it got any larger. I mean, painted wood + Southern California weather+ fire usually equals disaster waiting to happen. So they're lucky it was contained to that section only.

Oh for crying out loud, this stuff happens, nothing is wrong with how RMC builds their coasters or deconstructs them. As long as the structure below the collapsed section is intact and safe, this really shouldn't be that big of an issue to replace, it just creates a lot more work for all those involved. I'm glad they got the fire out before it got any larger. I mean, painted wood + Southern California weather+ fire usually equals disaster waiting to happen. So they're lucky it was contained to that section only.

The RMC Fire strikes again!! First Goliath.. Now TC!! Whats next WC?!?!

In all honesty though:

1.) Glad no one was hurt!

2.) I'm pretty sure SF and RMC will still be able to get TC up and running... about 2-4 months after opening day!

Can't wait to see TC progress!

isn't a blow torch what cuased the USH fire that killed King Kong a few years ago?

No. That was roofing tar. Technically it was heated with a torch, but the hot tar itself started the fire.

Good timing I guess. At least the project has only just started and there are presumably other parts of the ride they can work on while the lift is fixed. It's obviously a setback, but had it happened closer to the ride opening it would undoubtedly have had a much bigger impact as they wouldn't have had the time to play catch-up as they do now. The important thing is that nobody was injured.

Even with Apocalypse's current "ash wood" state, it at least has a pvc pipe sprinkler system coupled to the ride's entire right-side hand rail. Though not installed at it's inception it was added later. You can see it online in more recent images of the coaster (after the name change). Maybe TC and KBF's Ghostrider will both have such preventative safeguards installed/added also.

It's weird that in addition to all the aforementioned RMC project related fires, all the three major SoCal parks have also had fires this year while building new projects. Bright side is that again, no one was injured.

Does anyone have up-to-date information on which rides at SFMM have a mandatory fluffy medicine-filled bunny policy? We're visiting in October. I don't usually carry stuff around, but my girlfriend wears glasses and takes them off before going on most rides. At most parks we leave them in a bag at the station.

Where there are mandatory locker policies, we'd need to get a locker before entering the line. That means she is 'blind' while lining up, so we only want to do this when we have to!

Only X2. All other rides have places where you can set your stuff down, or they allow you to set it on the ground on the other side of the ride

And, the X2 lookers are in the station, so she will not have to be blind going through the line. Only a buck, but still burns me. The only thing I had was my refillable bottle, that I paid for all day refills, and still had to pay a buck to stash it. Small burn, but burn none the less.