TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Wow they have really made a mess of this classic coaster.

I just don't think they care. I mean, come on. If Six Flags really cared about classic and iconic coasters like Colossus, then they would have invested the money into repairing the ride instead of replacing it entirely.

I honestly believe that Six Flags as a chain is showing that they care about these classic wooden coasters by giving them the RMC treatment. It isn't at all like these iconic coasters are being demolished and replaced. If anything Six Flags is giving these rides a new shade of glory. If they invested in repairing these woodies they would still just be the mediocre coasters they are, rather than turning them into the best coasters in the world. They are reinstating them among the top like they used to be decades before.

That's still 3 more fires than what I've heard coming from any other manufacturer. I love RMC's projects but geez, if this is going to be a reoccurring thing they better have plans for the next one. The last thing we need is an actual "wildfire" around Wildfire at Kolmården.

That's still 3 more fires than what I've heard coming from any other manufacturer. I love RMC's projects but geez, if this is going to be a reoccurring thing they better have plans for the next one. The last thing we need is an actual "wildfire" around Wildfire at Kolmården.

Well theyre the only company thats out there cutting off track from wooden coasters like that, so you wouldnt hear it from any other company so its not fair to say that you havent heard it from anyone else when theyre the only ones doing this kind of work. That said though I think they should look into improving their methods, perhaps some kind of wet saw or integrated hydration to help prevent fires.

It's nothing to do with RMC or anything with the design of the coaster itself. All these fires have been caused by something unrelated to the manufacturer themselves. This will have been a construction accident.

I was just making an observation on an interesting phenomenon that fires keep popping up on/near new RMC coasters. Did not intend to spark debates!

I don't think anyone is blaming RMC's designs or RMC at all. Heck, the Goliath fire was roofing shingles that caught fire, likely roofing tar that ignited. Plenty of subcontractors working on those rides with tools and materials that can ignite. But it's still kind of odd it keeps happening to RMC in particular.

Edited by ilrider

I feel bad for RMC. I can just see them all frantically trying to figure out a way to fix colossus, keep the price low, and keep the opening close to the original date. This will definitely be a test of skills on their part.

Just more bad luck for amusement parks this year:

Fire at Great America

Fires at Kings Island

Ninja derailing

Colossus fire

Cedar Point water main debacle

Skyhawk cable snap

Fire at Six Flags Mexico

Inferno Zac Spin death

and so on...

Edited by Superbatboy

Fire at Great America

Fires at Kings Island

Ninja derailing

Colossus fire

Skyhawk cable snap

Fire at Six Flags Mexico

Grona Lund death

and so on...

Valleyfair probably not getting a new roller coaster

The list goes on and on haha

Fire at Great America

Fires at Kings Island

Ninja derailing

Colossus fire

Skyhawk cable snap

Fire at Six Flags Mexico

Grona Lund death

and so on...

Valleyfair probably not getting a new roller coaster

The list goes on and on haha

Darien Lake removing 'Cuda Falls and so forth!

Fire at Great America

Fires at Kings Island

Ninja derailing

Colossus fire

Skyhawk cable snap

Fire at Six Flags Mexico

Grona Lund death

and so on...

I had forgotten we had two fires at SFGAm this year, the Goliath station roof and the employee structure by the Grand Music Hall that burned down before the season started! Bad luck for parks for sure.