TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

How many trains are going to be on the track? If I have seen this anywhere I have forgotten about it, there has to be at least 3 trains to keep two on the circuit, and one to join the one that's leaving the racing portion, but it it 3 or 4 trains.....I didn't see an answer at RCDB either.....

Just curious, thanx!

How many trains are going to be on the track? If I have seen this anywhere I have forgotten about it, there has to be at least 3 trains to keep two on the circuit, and one to join the one that's leaving the racing portion, but it it 3 or 4 trains.....I didn't see an answer at RCDB either.....

Just curious, thanx!

Just checked the video, and I think it's 3 or 4 trains. Two at a time race, while one's heading through the breaks and another getting loaded. That's just a guess, though.

But I'm fully expecting Magic Mountain to be down to two trains a month or two after TC opens.

Just curious, thanx!

If they use duel station like Maverick, I'm guessing 4 trains. If not, I think 3 trains would already be pretty stressful for SFMM.

Twisted Colossus will eventually very rarely run with more than two trains, no matter if there's dual loading stations or what. It'll be an extremely rare sight to ever see two trains go up/down the lift hill together, high-five together, fly over each other, etc. Sure it's not what we'd like to see, but in all likelihood it's going to happen. Will it kill the ride? No. People will still come to ride it because it will be an AWESOME ride regardless.

So the sooner people accept this, the sooner we can stop analyzing some concept art video as if it were the be all, end all authority on exactly what will happen, down to the last nanosecond, on Twisted Colossus.

^Agreed. Yea sure RMC will ship 4 trains and the park will operate all 4 trains for opening summer. (I'm being optimistic, I know)

Then the 4th train will quickly become a parts donor and then there will always be a train in rehab so that takes it down to 2 trains around September 2015......

I sure hope I am wrong, though.

Wow...late to the party here, but this looks pretty freakin' amazing. Bravo to SFMM!

Regarding the dueling elements, I certainly hope that they would consider netting between to catch flying objects before they give it the DD treatment.

Wow...late to the party here, but this looks pretty freakin' amazing. Bravo to SFMM!

Regarding the dueling elements, I certainly hope that they would consider netting between to catch flying objects before they give it the DD treatment.

I truly hope the general public doesn't screw this up. It has been a long long time since I've worried about spit flying in my face at Magic Mountain. I used to think of it constantly in the 90's.

i do hope not for anything to hit me in the Top Gun stall. tho i do expect many to communicate, you know, "keeping up foreign relations."

1299043814_ScreenShot2014-09-04at1_31_05PM.png.0b1286daa6ef162c83ec1624b4fd6d88.png

I think the park should take some time to really focus on the quality of the park and the ride operations. Give people a reason to visit. Having the most coasters isn't really appealing on its own.

People have been hoping that would happen for years.

I agree totally, but I also get where the park is coming from. It's so massively out of the way for pretty much everyone in the LA/OC/IE population centers that the park needs to continually create new experiences to come back for. It's hard to create an ad campaign around park quality improvements, and if Six Flags invested a bunch of money doing so, it would be unlikely to see that money return at the ticket booths for a long time. It's not enough of an incentive for people to make the 40-70 mile drive (on the 5, which ALWAYS has traffic) to spend a day there, when there are so many other entertainment options. A new coaster, however, can generate a lot of buzz and ticket sales.

I agree that the park has allowed quality to suffer in exchange for thrills, but I understand where its priorities come from.

Edited by singforfood

I can understand when people ask for things like a cleaner park atmosphere, better guest relations, and more efficient ride operations. Asking for things like more flat rides/shows/entertainment/themed experiences is something I've never understood, though. Why would Six Flags want to spend any money on those when it knows Disneyland/Knotts/USH are just down the 5 a few miles.

They know what they're good at, and like the poster above me said; they know what their clientele wants. I personally wouldn't care if they demolished every non-coaster attraction in that park to fit even just one or two more big coasters in.

Magic mountain has the potential to gain the charm and allure that other nearby parks have.

People talk about space mountain like it's the best thing since... Pancakes. People talk about xcelerator like its the only ride that launches you up a tower. Silver bullet is awe inspiring... Because it goes underneath the track.

People look at those rides that way because the parks give overall higher quality experiences. I never heard anyone talk about how tall lex luthor is or that tatsu puts you in a flying position. The park encourages forgettable experiences with no charm and no reason to visit unless they add a few more coasters.

I think twisted colossus is going to be a step in the right direction. Quality>Quantity.