TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ Apocalypse was running great on Sunday. Rode it 3 times in a row with no wait

I was amazed! It was closed all day when I was there a couple weeks ago so I wonder if they were doing some track work or what? The track looked more "greased" to me since last time. It felt like we were floating above it more than riding on it. Much less friction and square wheels. It was great! I only went twice, but I could've stayed on all day!

those pictures of trolls.....

I'm glad someone feels the same way

There is no NDA.

And "this dude" obeys the Six Flags policy of no cell phones while on the clock. It's automatic termination. The track is also in an area you can't really see unless you looked to the left while on Scream's brake run.

But there is track on site, so be excited!

Unless things have changed, one of the things you sign as part of your paperwork is a media policy---which is essentially an NDA.

Photo Update from Sunday 8/31/14

Hey man, just some constructive criticism. I know you said the photos were from your phone, but the iPhone 5 has a way better camera than you're allowing it to be. It looks like you might need to wipe the lens off to reduce all of that excess glare. Also make sure you don't have the sun eating half of your photo like those Yolo and X2 photos. For comparison take a look at some of my TRs from the past year or two. All of those photos were taken from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, a phone that's a year older than yours.

I appreciate the update and I'm not trying to bring you down, I'm just saying you can do much better with that camera if you practice some better framing and keep the lens clean.

I think those Boxtrolls would fit more at Universal, but I suppose they can't be advertised there since i'm sure the film is produced by Focus films again like the last 2 movies (coraline, paranorman) the animation studio has done.

I was going to say when I saw the TR that I thought it was odd that the Boxtrolls characters were at SFMM when I saw them at Universal a couple of weeks ago! It makes sense to reach out and market where they can, but it's still odd! To me that would be like seeing Bugs Bunny meeting guests at Knott's (which I realize would never happen under current contracts/rights)!

Photo Update from Sunday 8/31/14

Hey man, just some constructive criticism. I know you said the photos were from your phone, but the iPhone 5 has a way better camera than you're allowing it to be. It looks like you might need to wipe the lens off to reduce all of that excess glare. Also make sure you don't have the sun eating half of your photo like those Yolo and X2 photos. For comparison take a look at some of my TRs from the past year or two. All of those photos were taken from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, a phone that's a year older than yours.

I appreciate the update and I'm not trying to bring you down, I'm just saying you can do much better with that camera if you practice some better framing and keep the lens clean.

My IPhone 5 takes amazing pictures.

image.jpg.15d440a6e0709047b7ffc6e3d9c3fb83.jpg

I know you said the photos were from your phone, but the iPhone 5 has a way better camera than you're allowing it to be. It looks like you might need to wipe the lens off to reduce all of that excess glare.

Actually, I was going to post something similar. I'm constantly wiping the lens of my iPhone because I know how dirty it can get, being in your pocket, being out all the time, and just around the elements. You'll see it makes a HUGE difference in your photos making sure your lens is clean.

--Robb "Just want to make sure you post the best photos you can!" Alvey

Am I the only one who doesn't like the two different colors? Although I am happy to know RMC isn't like a model-T (you can have your track in any color you like, as long as it's red) I just wish they did the whole ride in one color...

Nah, I like that they are different colors. It has more of a racing aspect in the way, IMO. But, the colors remind of a Mardi Gras sort of theme.

Topic change, but I came across this video from CBS with an unterview with CEO Jim Reid Anderson about Twisted Colossus. What's interesting is that the video was taken while the Classic Colossus was still open. He told the plans about TC to the reporter while on the original ride, with others sitting right behind them. I guess CBS has known about this for a few weeks? Hmm that's interesting.

Here's the link to it: [youtu_be]http://youtu.be/UHe6mPp-2PI[/youtu_be]

Happens all the time. We often get press releases or ride videos early that we are embargoed on until a certain date. The reasoning should be self-explanatory by this video. CBS wanted to do a piece on the new ride while riding the old ride, well, obviously they couldn't do that after the new ride was announced, so they were allowed to film and talk about it, but were strictly embargoed on releasing the information until after the embargo date.

Edited by robbalvey

I think others, and I agree, are a bit surprised that some of the public that was in the station/on the coaster didn't over hear what they were talking about - and/or didn't head to social media to blab about it. Then again, I guess anyone within earshot could have been actual park employees, and not the general public. Obviously it makes sense that media, traditional and new, are given information and asked to hold it for a certain date....it's just that I, too, was surprised at the amount of people there were in all those different shots where they were talking specifics.

I also agree on the park update/hazy photos....appreciate park updates like that, and considering you have a pretty substantial camera in that phone, let it work for you!

I think others, and I agree, are a bit surprised that some of the public that was in the station/on the coaster didn't over hear what they were talking about - and/or didn't head to social media to blab about it. Then again, I guess anyone within earshot could have been actual park employees, and not the general public. it's just that I, too, was surprised at the amount of people there were in all those different shots where they were talking specifics.!

Your first clue to that the general public was not in the train or in the station, might be the shadows and the lack of any cars (25 second mark) in the 1st or 2nd row of the parking lot and the parking lot host just standing watching the train go up the lift. so just with that I would say that no guests had even cleared the toll plaza as of yet. And then later they interviewed those 3 old guys (3:10 mark) and I don't recall seeing any guests in any of those shots. While riding on the train I'm sure anyone in the know might recognize some of those guests as they sure don't look like normal SFMM guests. I could be wrong as I do go to Vegas way to much... but not likely.

I know you said the photos were from your phone, but the iPhone 5 has a way better camera than you're allowing it to be. It looks like you might need to wipe the lens off to reduce all of that excess glare.

Actually, I was going to post something similar. I'm constantly wiping the lens of my iPhone because I know how dirty it can get, being in your pocket, being out all the time, and just around the elements.

--Robb "Just want to make sure you post the best photos you can!" Alvey

This! My trip report of Californias Great America was done using my iPhone 5s. You'll see it makes a HUGE difference in your photos making sure your lens is clean. If you can't take a picture with the sun at your back find a shaded angle and use your HDR feature to improve the contrast (it will give the photo a nice back-lit look).

It's great to see I-box track in those colors!

Agreed. Imagine how drab it would look if it came with the red/orange colored track contrasted with Goliaths color in the background.